We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New appearances

Re: New appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post
    bought a BA skin w/ my WL by accident, sent in a ticket, GM said nope we can't help you and gave me a link to a thread in the accounts section of the forums.
    I did the opposite, bought a WL skin on the BA. Wanna trade?

I got the same auto reply about the policy. I can understand the policy if it was a regular sigil or commendations that I wasted but this is something that there is not another way to obtain one in game. Turbine is applying a standard policy to a special situation and all it is doing is disappointing people in what should be a celebration. There is no reason they couldn't correct the error as it is not going to affect game play at all.

I can definitely take some responsibility because I was rushing and did not read the description carefully enough. However, the blame also falls on Turbine because the system is flawed. Either make it so that you cannot purchase skins, traits, etc outside your class or have separate trainers by class and not by race. In the freep world, you are not going to a dwarf, elf, hobbit, or man trainer. You are going to a class trainer and the same should be on creep side.
    Last edited by Thorcar; Apr 17 2012 at 10:46 AM.

What nust i do to get the sigils of dedication?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwar View Post
    What nust i do to get the sigils of dedication?
    Go back in time 1-5 years

Last edited by PurebloodWorg; Apr 17 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Wow, these creep skins look awesome. Love the new creep chevrons as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Oh the irony. Now Creeps have FAR more looks than Freeps due to the lock-out on cosmetics in the moors.

Too funny.

Anyhow the Uruk's look great. The wargs/bugs are so-so. But I feel sad for the orc players..not really the best options, IMHO.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

How on earth can there so be many people exchanging tokens for the wrong skins? -.-
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

[Black Moria Uruk Appearance] i wanted this skin so bad and after 4 lootboxes with junk in them I thought I would never get it. Thank you so much Turbine for this unexpected love! This may seem like a small thing, but this is the best reward for dedication to the game that I could have asked for. Got my warleader the White Hand Uruk Appearance and it looks outstanding, as well.

Suddenly, I don't care that appearances cost 7500 commies! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    But I feel sad for the orc players..not really the best options, IMHO.
    With the exception of a few reaver skins, I think ALL of the orc skins are kinda lame. I really wanted to play a defiler but didn't really have a skin to look forward to, so i went with warleader.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000013ab3f/signature.png]Jimhess[/charsig]
    Freeps - Jimhess - Minstrel R8
    Creeps - Fallbakk - BA R8, Fallbakc - Warleader R6, Fallbak - Defiler R6

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    How on earth can there so be many people exchanging tokens for the wrong skins? -.-
    It is easy to do when you have mutliple classes at the same NPC and it is not your main creep. There is not a red border around the skin. There is nothing in the program to stop you from making that stupid mistake. You flip through the pages, see one that is not greyed out, and barter for it.
    Last edited by Thorcar; Apr 17 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Oh the irony. Now Creeps have FAR more looks than Freeps due to the lock-out on cosmetics in the moors.

Too funny.
    That's not actually true. Freeps have hair, face, and body type choices, as well as Draigoch, crafted, Orthanc, PvMP, and quested armor, all of which can dye.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    That's not actually true. Freeps have hair, face, and body type choices, as well as Draigoch, crafted, Orthanc, PvMP, and quested armor, all of which can dye.
    No reasonable person is coming to come out with anything but the PvMP armor on. Regardless, glad to see all the new customization options for creeps.

personally i HATE the reaver appearances. i think ill just stick with my fire-orc for now. at least theres only 2 people on my server that have that (as far as i know), so ill still be sorta unique :P
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    Well actually, we basically have hairstyles and one set of amour that doesn't dye well at all in regards to pvp.
    An MMO is a Money Making Opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    Hehehe Sey... the same reason why they've coded Freep classes to be ~Faceroll easy. Most players are seemingly ignant (Yes, I made that word up) these days. Oh, and it's not easy to do... these players simply ARE NOT READING THE BARTER ITEM DESCRIPTIONS.

P.S. What's up Sappy Essence? Your game is going down the drink. Have job soon?

Thanks for the new skins Turbine

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    I did the opposite, bought a WL skin on the BA. Wanna trade?

I got the same auto reply about the policy. I can understand the policy if it was a regular sigil or commendations that I wasted but this is something that there is not another way to obtain one in game. Turbine is applying a standard policy to a special situation and all it is doing is disappointing people in what should be a celebration. There is no reason they couldn't correct the error as it is not going to affect game play at all.

I can definitely take some responsibility because I was rushing and did not read the description carefully enough. However, the blame also falls on Turbine because the system is flawed. Either make it so that you cannot purchase skins, traits, etc outside your class or have separate trainers by class and not by race. In the freep world, you are not going to a dwarf, elf, hobbit, or man trainer. You are going to a class trainer and the same should be on creep side.
    Yeah I bought BA skins on my WL... got an auto response sending me to a page which specifically says:
    "Item chosen that is unable to be equipped by class" by way of http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Policy-Update
    How is that NOT an item chosen that is unable to be equipped by my class? This is ridiculous. It's an easy fix, and refusing to simply reimburse us, especially if we're 5 year'ers, but really anyone, is both rude and unprofessional.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    It is easy to do when you have mutliple classes at the same NPC and it is not your main creep. There is not a red border around the skin. There is nothing in the program to stop you from making that stupid mistake. You flip through the pages, see one that is not greyed out, and barter for it.
    There are red borders around the skins that don't apply to your class. There were last night when I bartered for my Defiler skin, and there are right now when I'm looking at the Uruk skins for a rank 0 WL that I just logged in.

There is also a filter available to sort by things like "Warleader Appearances" and "Blackarrow Appearances".

So there are at least two things there to help keep you from making a mistake and bartering for an unusable skin, including a "red border around the skin[s]" that you can't use. Three things if you count the fact that hovering over a skill shows the class that it is for, and shows the class in red if you can't use it.

That said, they should replace them for people that made mistakes, assuming that they have the capability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by fallat View Post
    [Black Moria Uruk Appearance] i wanted this skin so bad and after 4 lootboxes with junk in them I thought I would never get it. Thank you so much Turbine for this unexpected love! This may seem like a small thing, but this is the best reward for dedication to the game that I could have asked for. Got my warleader the White Hand Uruk Appearance and it looks outstanding, as well.

Suddenly, I don't care that appearances cost 7500 commies! lol

With the exception of a few reaver skins, I think ALL of the orc skins are kinda lame. I really wanted to play a defiler but didn't really have a skin to look forward to, so i went with warleader.
    what box are you talking about that you got the skin from? is that the Ashen skull box, the grim skull box, or a Steel Lootbox?

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Thumbs up Re: New appearances

Too funny.

Anyhow the Uruk's look great. The wargs/bugs are so-so. But I feel sad for the orc players..not really the best options, IMHO.
    Here Here!

Exclamation Re: New appearances

Quickly wanted to say I was able to get a helpful GM delete my mistaken reaver skin and place 2 sigils back in my defiler's bag! I too went through a definite no answer from a GM, the previous day and was told to write to accounts who then said talk to an ingame GM. I possibly think that by quoting them their own reimbursement policy,about wrong class purchasing did help. So, to others that traded sigils for wrong skins keep trying and hopefully you'll get the outcome I did. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Cocopanda; Apr 18 2012 at 10:39 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000f6c99/signature.png]Mattymatty[/charsig]

Good news Cocpanda. Thank you for passing along the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    what box are you talking about that you got the skin from? is that the Ashen skull box, the grim skull box, or a Steel Lootbox?
    Of the 4 Steel Lootboxes that dropped for me none of them had a sigil. I bartered the anniversary sigils for my skin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000013ab3f/signature.png]Jimhess[/charsig]
    Freeps - Jimhess - Minstrel R8
    Creeps - Fallbakk - BA R8, Fallbakc - Warleader R6, Fallbak - Defiler R6

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopanda View Post
    Quickly wanted to say I was able to get a helpful GM delete my mistaken reaver skin and place 2 sigils back in my defiler's bag! I too went through a definite no answer from a GM, the previous day and was told to write to accounts who then said talk to an ingame GM. I possibly think that by quoting them their own reimbursement policy,about wrong class purchasing did help. So, to others that traded sigils for wrong skins keep trying and hopefully you'll get the outcome I did. Best of luck.
    Ty, works for me!

I love the fact that creeps got new skins, but seeing that I liked neither the Puke-skinned warg or the Beanie-Babie Warg, I stayed with my white warg skin instead.

It is nice to see so many orcs running around in nice pleated skirts. Makes them look fashionable.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Some of the skins could be better but the fact remains they have added SEVEN new skins for EACH Creep class

Variety is the spice of life

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopanda View Post
    Well this is good to know gms can technically do this. I made exactly the same mistake with my defiler. I got the basic GM read our reimbursement policy and an apology when I sent in a ticket. I will try another ticket

Why isn't the option to purchase the wrong class skin blanked off ?

Slimebag
    Defiler R10, Bodolf Warg R9, Slimeball Weaver R9. Black Guard and Zoggo FoG

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast