We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Another Goodbye

Another Goodbye

Well... there's always a time when people have to decide to hang it up... that time has come for me. The cycle of the MMO... people come and go, guilds (kins) rise and fall.

Since Ainur is no more, I feel as if there isn't really anything left freepside for me now. It's basically all I've known since I began playing LoTRO (Reforged before the merge and Ainur ever since). I've been on DD since December 2010 and have had a hell of a run here. I've also recently just accepted an offer for a huge promotion that will advance my career significantly. With that comes a lot more responsibility, and this will probably play a part in my ability to be on more consistently.

I'm parking my toons in Bork Kin on the off chance that I start playing freepside again. There are still a ton of cool people on this server. I'll probably drop in from time to time as well to say hi. I'm going to be full time creep on E when I do play (and obviously to help any of the ex-Ainur guys with some content)... I've put in a request already to transfer my Warg over.

I hope that someone jumps in and takes the reigns and makes this server better. There are some cool folks here and I wish all of you the best of luck.

-Ed
    Last edited by Edlorthar; Apr 13 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Re: Another Goodbye

It's been a good run, you're right, and although it is sad for us and our friends on the server, we can at least know we got out while we were still on top of the lotro world ha.

Congrats on your promotion, does that give you 30k morale now ?

Take care, and tear those E freeps apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsie View Post
    Congrats on your promotion, does that give you 30k morale now ?
    Pretty much lol

Pretty nutty, all of my Ainur buddies are dropping like flies! But with that said, "the candle that burns the brightest burns twice as fast". You guys accomplished many server firsts, and I'm proud to say that I was there to witness a great many of them. Glad to have you on my FB list, Ed, I'm sure with the MMOs EA will be pushing out (SWTOR, The Secret War, plus Diabo 3 from Blizzard and other games I'm sure), we'll most likely be bumping into each other there.

Stay up, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by takimeta View Post
    Pretty nutty, all of my Ainur buddies are dropping like flies! But with that said, "the candle that burns the brightest burns twice as fast". You guys accomplished many server firsts, and I'm proud to say that I was there to witness a great many of them. Glad to have you on my FB list, Ed, I'm sure with the MMOs EA will be pushing out (SWTOR, The Secret War, plus Diabo 3 from Blizzard and other games I'm sure), we'll most likely be bumping into each other there.

Stay up, brother!
    Toa, we'll still probably see each other often... you hang out in our vent enough that I'm sure it'll be like I'm not even gone lol. I don't plan on not staying in vent and hanging out with all my nerdy ex-Ainur friends. And you have me on FB too.

PS: IDK if I can stay away from D3... D2 was sooooo good it's hard to resist playing...

Bye Ed. Been fun.

Gratz on the promotion

Well dang, Eld, it feels like only yesterday that I asked you for a 65 SA. Although I may not have known the street price at the time, 1g (At least I think it was 1g)felt like a steal and a favor. Many blessings on your promotion. Ciao-- Molti giorni di pace e di benedizione a voi e la vostra
    '
    P.S. May need to post back here once the threads are condensed. This will undoubtedly be due to "Large Battles Between Guilds" experiences. I'm sorry to say I see little point in coming back to LOTRO with all the new experiences I have had in life in such short of time; helping the impoverished and being active seems so much more productive. Nothing is final, but I think the cards will be falling into place soon.

--Dozla
    Last edited by Dozla; Apr 13 2012 at 08:50 PM.

Borken has been trying to convince me to stay. He's offered me many women and much booze, and in game goodies (that's all a lie but it's funny), but because I'm such a good person, and I can't stand to leave people just hanging, I'm not going to be leaving entirely. I enjoy this game too much that just straight up leaving would be like going cold turkey on drugs... I'd go through withdrawal lol.

So, maybe its a semi "goodbye" lol

The grass is greener on the other side. But there is something about lotro that makes you want a wiff every now and then. Hopefully not warg poop. Take care, and GL w/ the promotion