We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Ainur Has Disbanded?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulksayyan View Post

Now where are all my end gamers going to run off too?
    haha I was wondering the same thing for my kin :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

Bugger!!!

Ainur has disbanded? Damn. I was in Ainur for the best part of twelve months way back in the day and played with some really really good guys. They taught me a lot about MMOs and made me learn a lot about playing both PvE and PvMP. What a shame they've disbanded.

Jacbo was probably the best PvE raid leader i've ever had the pleasure of running with, i'll really miss him. Zidia, yup gonna miss him too. Ilthel, although we had our differences, you'll be missed by me as well. Erlilda You were great too, see you later buddy. Oprah,,,, man those early morning runs through the Moors were fun as. Chaco and your many alts *sniff sniff* dunno what the server will be like without them running around? Card/Aces and your awesome forum posts wishing us all good luck because you were leaving only to be back the next day Does this mean that now it's forever man??? Jakespeed, although I never really got to know you that well it was you that invited me to Ainur and for that I was very glad. Brodie,,, it still urks me that I rolled on that necklace way back then was such a noob move, wish I could have taken it back. Qwyvern and his 30 minute smoke breaks in the middle of raids lol, those were the days. Sno and his 4 month breaks. Drakkarmyst who didn't know how to map out of the Moors for raids,, my good friends Elthorik and Missee...Banoon and his 5 hour stat discussions... Wow guys, now that you've left the game everyone is saying that the server is going to die...No more Ainur,,,why do you all have to go?

Hang on a sec,,,lemme check my calendar *./looking through calendar*

WAIT!!! You all left about 5 months ago. Hold on a second everyone. Ainur disbanded months and months ago and all they left was their legacy and a bunch of hangers on that deserted their own kin Reforged and rode on the coat tails of that legacy. Not one of these guys (excluding Doomsie) posting all over the forums about how good they were had anything to do with 98% of this game's content that was cleared by Ainur initially,,,and come on Creeps,,,most of you wouldn't know what kin was kicking your back sides all over the Moors.

So in a nut shell,,you guys that are posting alll over the forums to, and about each other on how good you were and no-one on this server will ever be better and everyone should leave Dwarow and go to Elendawhat with you all and this and that,,,get over yourselves. Why say you're leaving and then still make us read all your total self absorbed egotistical tripe everyday ?? Just leave already.. Go flood their forums with your e-peen rubbish and let this server die in peace like you honestly think it will ,,,lmao...this server once did revolve around a kin called Ainur but that was in the days where Dwarrowdelf was shiny and new and the guys in that kin (which incidentally was a bunch of guys from another lotro server) were the only people on the server with experience. Ainur died a log time ago when all the people from Ainur actually did leave for SWTOR.,,,and yup I do miss a lot of you but since you went your old kin name has been dragged through the mud by these guys that obviously need to be important somewhere. I hope you all find your fame on Elendawhat because your 15 minutes has definitely ended here in my little home of Dwarrowdelf.

Just leave already because I for one am sick to the back teeth of reading your farewells,,,you guys that have just dropped the server/game will have no impact on Dwarrowdelf whatsoever,,,and if history tells the tale about 90% of you aren't really going anywhere anyways.

Goodbye defectors of Reforg,,,I mean Ainur.

Zub

I'm sure your responses to this will make me LOL hehehehehehe
    Last edited by ZiggyWiggy; Apr 15 2012 at 07:15 PM.

wtb ./ignore for forums plox

and how would you know anyway? didnt you "quit" on them all well before swtor was released and long before most of the people you named left the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    Zub's idiotic wall o' text
    More ravings of an illiterate madman, how unexpected. Not only is this post uncalled for, it's inaccurate. None of the people you "miss" had anything at all to do with our continued server firsts in T2 Orthanc, and you left Ainur before they could kick you for being fail. I never had the displeasure of being in kin with you, but I can assure you, there have never been positive comments regarding your tenure in Ainur. If you don't like forum posts, don't read them. Problem solved.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

And also, Ive been in Ainur for quite some time. Joined not far from when Dooms did. So idk what your talking about either. All those people you talked about, I raided with the, as well. Getting server first in OD... Don't bash us.

not all of us said our farewells on the forums. Don't troll those who did, others have as well and were not met with such opposition. Guess thats what you get when people are bitter that your in the best kin on the server.

It'll always be the best kin on the server. OMGASH my ego is so huge! but facts are facts kthxbai.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimphe85 View Post
    I think its because all the officers from Ainur moved to SW:TOR. Edit: Except for Presdas.

The End.

Love,

Trevil~
    Trevy!!!! I miss youuuuu. <3
    Aellor - 95 mini |Aelran - 93 burg|Aellea - 95 capt|Aelnor - 95 guard|Aeldorf - 69 champ
    Also Aellora, Aelbert, Aelson, Aelriel, Aelorn.

omgah zub rofl.

Lawls..

And to all my Ainur peeps

I will be playing D3 too when it comes out, so hit me up

<3

Erl
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000012ac4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Canadianbacon r6 Burg
    Omnom R7 Warg

Ainur made the Moors fun and challenging, and gave other large kins a reason to raid, and even though their legacy will still live on, it just wont be the same anymore.
    Even if Ainur was ridiculed for being the best kin in the server really for most things, what is there bad to say about them? What is said about them negatively is out weighed by what is said positively.

with Ainur disbanding Dwarrowdelf in a sense lost a great portion of it's identity, yes players who were in Ainur will still be playing on Dwarrowdelf, but it just wont be the same... Life goes on, maybe Dwarrowdelf will grow from this event, maybe even a sudden influx of raiding kins will arise, lead by X-Ainur members? time will tell.

I for one will miss going to Galtrev and seeing a bunch of Ainur members hitting the training dummies while i sit there and spam my deeds, and going out to the moors on creep side and reading in OOC "Ainur zerg at OC"
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

Ainur lasted as long as it did, through as many personnel changes as we had over the year or so of peak performance, because we built Ainur to be a machine. Other kins that seek to vie for PvE excellence would do well to note the various stages of Ainur's life cycle. This is my advice to kin leaders and officers seeking to build an Ainur-like kinship:

• Only promote as Officers those who are both natural leaders and well respected within the kinship. If at all possible, try to insure there are at least 3 active raiders for every active Officer, or there will be too many chiefs and not enough indians. Try to keep the Officer corps small so that unity can be fostered and consensus easily reached.

• Among Officers you should delegate roles and tasks such as raid leading or loot tracking, and spread them out so that all have experience. When preparing for a raid, always establish a sole raid leader to make swift and final strategic decisions, and designate others as necessary to call out certain fight elements. Furthermore, if you are trailblazing new content take FRAPS footage or pay very close attention to all manner of debuffs and /say cues. If you are following in the footsteps of other guilds, extensively research available written and video information on the fight and insure everyone in your raid group at least watches a video showing the strategy you'll be using. Be clear and concise in all instructions.

• Make sure at all times that the Officer corps has a diversity of personalities and opinions, or discussion will not be as fruitful. Every kin needs diplomats and enforcers. A kin with only enforcers will attract no members because they will be put off. A kin with only diplomats will attract so many members and dismiss none of them that they will become a mini-glff and eventually lose their skilled players. Allow your diplomats to try and nicely resolve any member issues first, but do not hesitate to have your enforcers deal with it bluntly and swiftly if that doesn't work. Never allow your personal friendships with any individuals to disadvantage the kin as a whole, just because someone is a nice guy doesn't mean they're a good fit.

• When recruiting, never decline the application of a skilled player on account of a lack of need at the time. People quit playing for one reason or another all the time. If you become complacent in your raid force and reliant on too few individuals it will inevitably dissolve. Always be willing to give borderline applicants a trial, but if you do this you must be swift and definitive if they don't live up to expectations, because having a bunch of people who you're unwilling to bring to raids but too much of a softie to kick will inevitably alienate your good players.

• When it comes to sitting out on raids or distribution of loot, you must always lead by example. If you always take loot first and always preference yourself and other specific individuals for raids, you will lose your extended raid force who may some day be your primary raid force. Be willing to sit for others who can perform your role(s) on occasion, and compensate those in your kin who are asked to sit for their availability, and you will be unquestioned in your raid building decision-making. Make clear the policies for distribution of loot and make them fair, and occasionally pass on loot when it is to come to you, and you will be unquestioned in your loot decision-making.

• Never lose sight of what direction your kin needs to be headed, this goes for all kins of all sizes. When you stop planning in advance your kin ceases to have that unifying sense of forward progress. Every itinerary for every week needs to have a carefully considered goal in mind that fits the underlying goals of the kin, and that needs to be articulated to the members.

• Always look forward and seize any attempts to expand your like-minded player base, capitalizing on times when your kin is in a position of strength to attract fresh talent and perspective. Poaching members is a reality that cannot be avoided in a progression focused kinship, and the best time to make your pitch is when you've displayed progress and effectiveness. Don't decry people who you feel may want to ride your coattails, relish them, because when you're in dire need you won't have the same leverage, but chances are if you picked them up in smoother waters they'll be there to step in when things may have otherwise fallen apart.

• Perhaps most of all... have fun! When you stop having fun, there's no point in doing it anymore.

There's probably more I could say, but that's more than enough already. Trevil's comment is partially correct. Ainur didn't lose its Officers months ago, in that there were talented and well-meaning players who had a vested interest in the kin still in place as Officers over the last three months. It did however lose sight of some of the above tenets, which from my perspective led to its eventual dissolution. The turbulence of the last few months is hardly anything new: moors drama was, is, and will always be the same; skilled players leave and must be replaced, just as has happened multiple times before; and PvE progression can hit snags and cause a loss of motivation. The fact of the matter is Ainur was built to be a machine, but a machine is nothing but a hunk of metal without its operator. Ainur didn't lose its Officers or its skilled players, but the machine lost its operators.
    Last edited by Jacbo; Apr 20 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

As one of the few members of Ainur who had been with the kin for over 1 1/2 years, it is sad to see the demise of a group of talented players that I had run with for so long. Dwarrodelf will be fine without the kin, but I will miss my kin mates.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000004b664/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fingoldor View Post
    As one of the few members of Ainur who had been with the kin for over 1 1/2 years, it is sad to see the demise of a group of talented players that I had run with for so long. Dwarrodelf will be fine without the kin, but I will miss my kin mates.
    Come play SWTOR Fing, don't get sucked into D3. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2