We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Arkenstone Raiding Tower of Orthanc

KAOS (Khans of the Ancient Oath Sworn)

Is looking for additional people to fill out a 2nd run/week in the Tower of Orthanc (ToO). We seek experienced and inexperienced players that are willing to approach raiding in a mature and disciplined manner. A thick skin is required to accept and act upon constructive criticism and to give it as needed. We do not berate and heap abuse like prior 'pug leaders'.

We do 2 to 4 wings tier 1/evening and are capable of downing Saruman.

In terms of progression we're again looking at tier 2 with the experienced player base and many of us have alts to bolster the 2nd group with the goal of getting it up to speed on tier 1 and moving to tier 2. We've rebuilt a stable group (75% of our original 12 moved on to raid with their kins, joined new kins, or to other games).

Unlike a more traditional raiding kin you, as the new guy/gal, aren't going to be used to get locks so the 'elites' can run tier 2. We'll have people move between the groups to train people for tier 2 and support tier 1 (we'd like to get two tier 2s/week). You also won't be locked out of loot b/c of some pesky point based looting system (meaning we don't use DKP). We do master loot with open roll going from top to bottom then bottom to top.

Our critical class needs are [I think] a Captain or LM. We are open to other classes as well.

A hopefully short list of Q & A follows:
    Do I have to leave my current kinship and join KAOS?
    No. If you're happy there then please stay a part of it! We typically have 8 or more kinships represented in our raids.

What do I need to do to prepare to raid?
    Crafted settings in your LIs, scrolls on LIs, star lit crystals........basically you should have squared away lvl 75 2nd Agers not works in progress so you can grind for the "perfect" 1st ager (grind grind grind!).
    Virtues - fidelity, loyalty, honour, tolerance, and a 5th of your choosing - generally should be 14s (12s are ok). Note with Riders of Rohan these will change to 14 minimum and 16 preferred.
    Generally you should have at a minimum 6/6 draigoch armor from the Galtrev vendor for your initial foray into ToO and ideally a crafted lvl 75 cloak or the Wyrmscale cloak. Grabbing gregolin from Foundry and Sarchol from Pits is strongly recommended.
    Bring 50 each of the level 80 wound, disease, fear, and poison potions
    Bring a stack of Westfold hope tokens, battle/warding lore scrolls, fortifying/regeneration (crit version)/trail food (crit version).
    Bring a stack of level 75 morale and power potions.
    A stack of class specific stuff (champ fervour potions, hunter oils/chants, capt battle tonics, etc. etc.).
    (If you need these items made for you then please gather the mats and reach out to one of our many crafters at least 24 hours prior to Thursday or on Monday!)

What's all this glff stuff?
    The Internet allows people a significant amount of anonymity. Some choose to lash out in unacceptable ways (trolling) as they're shielded from the consequences of these abhorrent and deviant behaviors. We know that in real life these individuals would be punched in the nose on the playground/in a bar, earn a timeout from mommy and daddy, or be sent to their Human Resources Department at work for the harassment, disruptive, and combative actions.

These people tend to coalesce and congregate into a cancerous mass of jerk wads. All you need to do is look at the kinship tags to learn that the trolling is spawned mainly from one to three kinships.

I’ve put myself out there to stand up to those people that grief by rage quitting a T2 Foundry run mid-combat causing a wipe and salt the wound by bashing good players in glff (I and others stepped in to fill the spots vacated by the quitters). To call out those that demean players by calling them “free to play players nubs” when these people are fully capable of successfully running the same content these elitists complete. I also stand up to the jerks that try to divert, hassle, and interrupt efforts to form raids. Basically these people never learned to play nice with others, the GM staff can’t be mommy and daddy for these Internet Tough Guys, and so I’ve tried [unsuccessfully] to get them to behave.

I’ve tried putting people on ignore, not responding, responding with jokes, and fighting back. I’ve achieved mixed results that at the end of the day all I've done is give these simpletons ‘lulz’ to fill their sorry existence with something entertaining until they're distracted by a shiny ball rolling in the street.

I and others have opted to avoid individuals or members of kinships that choose to self-identify as tending to be the best at behaving the worst. I suggest you do the same.
    Last edited by voalkrynn2; Sep 25 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Re: Arkenstone Raiding Tower of Orthanc

Sales pitch!

Haters gonna hate, still plenty of people who enjoy raiding with you regardless <3

Quote Originally Posted by voalkrynn2 View Post

What's all this glff stuff?
    The Internet allows people a significant amount of anonymity. Some choose to lash out in unacceptable ways (trolling) as they're shielded from the consequences of these abhorrent and deviant behaviors. We know that in real life these individuals would be punched in the nose on the playground/in a bar, earn a timeout from mommy and daddy, or be sent to their Human Resources Department at work for the harassment, disruptive, and combative actions.

I’ve tried putting people on ignore, not responding, responding with jokes, and fighting back. I’ve achieved mixed results.... .
    Well, ToO seems a ways off for me, as I solo to a fault. I'd be remiss, however, to not note that i do appreciate the above verbage. You are wise to put gaming goals first and glff silliness completely out the window. Perhaps others will follow a similar trajectory, as we could all benefit from a healthier server environment. You'll not stand alone in your stance against the drama....even if such a "standing" takes the form of an intentional silence regarding certain issues. Thank you for your sentiments, and good luck raiding. In the words of Karl from "Slingblade"....: "A'ight then". Peace "ya'll"......
    Last edited by Errare; Apr 17 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Arkenstone Raiding Tower of Orthanc

I would love to be on your list of ppl to willing to help in filling out your runs.

I have a RK (willing to heal or DPS) and soon to have a Burglar that should meet your needs.

Either provide contact info or send a mail/tell in game to Lokrelas.

Thanks and gl.

/bump

Note: If you'd like to begin raiding with us then please reach out to one of the following people in-game.
    Chuckorn/Voalden/Voalkrynn (me)
    Lati/Luri
    Caylia
    Calabash
    Chellewyn
    Irialeth
    Cherrypop

/constructive bump!!

We are still looking for new members to join us weekly. Continued focus is on the need for champs, LMs, burgs, and maybe a cappy or two, but as always, anyone interested please contact one of us in-game:

Chuckorn/Voalden/Voalkrynn
    Caylia/Fellyn/Taunna
    Irialeth/Sarnel
    Bluet/Dirhallith
    Vaalyn

We could use a champ or two, non-Will-based Champs please.

I have to give you guys a thumbs up! There are a lot of people that want to do these raids but can't find a reliable group for regular runs so good on you

I'm usually in the moors these days on Aereanor so if you need a filler i can throw a capt or hunter your way just send a tell (:
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000000b24b/01006/signature.png]Aereanor[/charsig]

Co-Leader Company of Red Dawn, Arkenstone Server
    And yes I'm married to Kirvay!

I have a Burglar and a friend with a Captain; we might be interested depending on when the runs happen.

I've got a champ and a LM. LM is still a bit low on a few traits, but all above 12. Probably can't do thurs, but should be able to do Friday night (if not too early) or sat-sun. Also, I've only run foundry before this, so not sure if I need to run the 3-mans before I can do the tower.
    Last edited by Hikerdude2010; Jul 23 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Thursdays are when we run Draigoch (and depending on numbers we've been known to run a second, or sometime we'll run alts through Tower). On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we generally start forming around 6pm EST to run Tower. This weekend in particular we will be doing instances (Roots, Foundry, Pits, etc) and some skirmishes and you'd be more than welcome to run with us and get a feel for the group

As Caylia is currently off for a few days, if you have any questions or would like to chat more about the group, feel free to send me a tell or some in game mail (Bluet, Aktaie, or Dirhallith) and I'll be more than happy to help.

Edit This also goes for anyone else interested in running raids with us. Give me a shout in game and I'll make notes to work you into our runs this weekend.

Thanks, I was away last weekend, but should have plenty time, for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaM View Post
    Thanks Blue for taking over in my absence. I'm not coming back until I get a raise BTW
    Raises? What's raises Precious? Maybe you mean raisins. Raisins we wants 'em gives 'em to Us!

This is our weekly bump! Congrats to Belegnost on earning his clasp this past weekend. He is the 4th person to win this yummy reward.

Congratulation to Belegnost!

Here's our weekly thread bump. We did two runs this week got our 6th clasp (my turn this time) and Chellewyn did an awesome job stepping up to the plate and pulling the 2nd run out of what I figured to be a wipe. Congrats sir on a job well done.

Any of you out there that are interested in wrapping up T2 Wings please do contact myself, Akatie/Bluet, or Belegnost.