We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

An Actual GLFF Channel. Is there one in Silverlode?

I have a question for those of you on the Silverlode server. I have been using GLFF (Global Looking for Fellowship) to try and find groups for instances, Limelight Gorge and the like for about 4 months now. In the past 6 weeks or so, GLFF has been so full of whiners, complainers and generally negative people that my "ignore" list has increased by about 20 names. I just get sick of the constant "Turbine sucks, they don't care, blah blah blah" garbage. So I was wondering, are there any other channels that are actually used for finding fellowships by 90% of the users rather than complaining and being negative all the time like the Silverlode GLFF has become?

Or perhaps, could those of us who actually want to use it for something constructive maybe start putting some pressure on the abusers to take their little gripe parties to tell or fellowship?

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Re: An Actual GLFF Channel. Is there one in Silverlode?

Whatever the other conversation that goes on there, there *are* a lot of people in GLFF so I do use it pretty often to find/fill out groups. I have no qualms about interjecting actual LFF requests in the middle of whatever conversation, and usually you get replies. I get the impression that lots of people lurk in the GLFF without participating in the off-topic conversation there, just looking for grouping opportunities.

I'll shoot you a PM here on the forum, too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Just Glff. It serves as an all-purpose global channel on our server. If LFF isn't working well for you in that channel, I would suggest just searching for a group in the zone LFF channel first and use GLFF as a last resort. I have this sneaking suspicion from off-hand comments of people I play with, that a lot of the folks who have been around a while have completely shut off GLFF.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

It may be annoying, but it has the highest usage. There are other "lff" channels, but none are as useful as GLFF.

My advice is to use ignore less, and use report more, and find more PUGs w/GLFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    I have a question for those of you on the Silverlode server. I have been using GLFF (Global Looking for Fellowship) to try and find groups for instances, Limelight Gorge and the like for about 4 months now. In the past 6 weeks or so, GLFF has been so full of whiners, complainers and generally negative people that my "ignore" list has increased by about 20 names. I just get sick of the constant "Turbine sucks, they don't care, blah blah blah" garbage. So I was wondering, are there any other channels that are actually used for finding fellowships by 90% of the users rather than complaining and being negative all the time like the Silverlode GLFF has become?

Or perhaps, could those of us who actually want to use it for something constructive maybe start putting some pressure on the abusers to take their little gripe parties to tell or fellowship?
    The answer is no. You can still find groups in GLFF, You just seem like one of the ones that are annoyed with everything. I however find GLFF very entertaining to read all that is said. But no there is no other channel that Silverlode players use as much as GLFF.
    [RIGHT][COLOR="#DAA520"][FONT=Garamond]Founder: since 2006 SoA beta.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/RIGHT]

GLFF is filled with a lot of nonsense. But it is a very good place to find groups. I basically mentally filter the channel rather than put people on ignore.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post

GLFF does work you may just have to post a couple times in it. Suggestions use LFF in region, use regional, or personal the best I find is kinship/friends. Kinship is my first pick and typically if have to use glff as last resort to fill a group.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001e2b16/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]