We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Access to homes with unpaid dues would help the neighborhood

How about giving entry access to homes with unpaid dues to everyone (perhaps except the owner)? This would make exploring the housing interesting even if most of the homes are abandoned. It would make the neighborhoods feel a lot less empty.

Re: Access to homes with unpaid dues would help the neighborhood

The upkeep has to go anyway.

I can see why you don't want "free" houses since they cost resources but as we clearly see the current scheme does not do anything about houses being taken and chest items having to be stored somewhere.

As least it should be included in VIP or something.

It would help if there wasn't such a huge penalty fee to pay to reclaim a house after the rent has gone unpaid for a time. It's as bad as buying the house a second time and does nothing to encourage people to catch up on rent.

Personally, I think that any houses that have been abandoned for more than 6 months or so should go back on the market. I can see not doing this immediately in case someone is just taking a break from the game but they shouldn't be boarded up indefinitely.

Seems like getting rid of the maintenance fees altogether would solve this problem. The original purpose of the maintenance fee was to keep active players in houses. Since that was changed I don't see that the maintenance fee serves any purpose. I think it should be done away with. Problem solved.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003639c/signature.png]Lizzibeth[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post
    It would help if there wasn't such a huge penalty fee to pay to reclaim a house after the rent has gone unpaid for a time. It's as bad as buying the house a second time and does nothing to encourage people to catch up on rent.
    Yeah, that, too.

Sometimes I can't play for extended periods of time. Even if I was willing to pay upkeep, there is no way to do that without logging into the actual game and of course the stupid thing doesn't let me pay far enough in advance either.

After it's locked I certainly won't pay the penalty. So it sits there. Nobody can buy this house in this neighborhood. Nobody can go in and see the decorations - including me.

If there is at least a tiny bit of sense in how the housing financials are organized right now I can't see it.