We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I need an intervention

Hi, my name is Heartwyrm and I have a problem. Apparently, I have been not using my skills and tools that Turbine has provided me in order to make me a more challenging opponent in the moors. It's been brought to my attention that I shouldn't be using Tendon Shred, Sprint, Hips, or a Rank-Brand/vendor stun pots against any freeps whatsoever. It seems I have an addiction to trying make the game an actual challenge for freeps. Now I know its hard for them to survive out there, with the stacked stats and all, I mean, seriously, I saw a buffed warden with 21000 morale, no way he'll last longer than a few seconds against a solo creep, so I shouldn't let my own shortcomings affect the lives of so many. I mean my God, if that minstrel I fought, was able to heal through war speech, feign death, and throw up a bubble, all the while hitting me with beams of light for about 3k, then I have to apologize, I didn't realize it was that rough out there for you all. So again, please accept my deepest apologies, and I will now stand there and not fight back, like a PVE-land NPC.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001bb00c/signature.png]Heartwyrm[/charsig]

Re: I need an intervention

Preach it! Btw heartwyrm and stalfoe are two of the coolest wargs on the server. They roam solo, and fight with great skill when you run into them. It just doesn't turn out good for them because of such OP opppoents, or being outnumbered. Thats why many wargs run in packs. But these two wargs usually don't, thats why I have a lot of respect for them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000000d609/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Firefoot: Commando 75 champion R10, Idriall 61 minstrel, Spikee 60 lore master, Earlydawn 60 captain, shadowsniper 50 burglar, ect.
    Creeps: zcommando R7 reaver, silentassassin R7 warg, shealobs R6 weaver, shadowshealer R5 WL, Plagueofshadow R5 defiler, shadowsniperz R5 BA

No matter what I say after a fight with you, it is always fun. I have to admit, I might get frustrated during the fight if you use skills that usually are used to get away. After the fight I realize it makes a better fight, second I love a warg (or any class (Spiders seem to be a recent problem) that uses skills offensively) that uses these skills in an offensive way. If I got every warg that hipsed or sprinted on me in my time on my rune-keeper I might be r12. Lastly I use my equivalent skills all the time. I'll pop dwarf endurance all the time, and most times then not offensively. If more people stayed around to fight (on both sides) 1v1, 2v2 raidvraid and used their skills to kill the other side fights might go down to the wire a lot more. I give props to anyone who uses their skill to kill someone before they get killed, even if they die too.

Quote Originally Posted by Polidar View Post
    Hi, my name is Heartwyrm and I have a problem. Apparently, I have been not using my skills and tools that Turbine has provided me in order to make me a more challenging opponent in the moors. ... So again, please accept my deepest apologies, and I will now stand there and not fight back, like a PVE-land NPC.
    No intervention needed, you have realized the mistakes of your past and corrected them.

Thank you.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by 9line View Post
    I give props to anyone who uses their skill to kill someone before they get killed, even if they die too.
    But that is the problem. It can be hard to find a single freep in the moors. Most of them you find in the zergball or at least grouped with a healing mini and a cappy. And while I don't mind dieing in the moors, I am no friend of suicidal attacks. Freep/creep CC is still in no way balanced. Creating warg packs could help, but creeps on firefoot somehow are afraid of grouping. And thanks to side flippers and spies OOC is no alternative to coordinate actions.

Quote Originally Posted by 9line View Post
    ... that uses skills offensively) that uses these skills in an offensive way.
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by Polidar View Post
    Hi, my name is Heartwyrm and I have a problem. Apparently, I have been not using my skills and tools that Turbine has provided me in order to make me a more challenging opponent in the moors. It's been brought to my attention that I shouldn't be using Tendon Shred, Sprint, Hips, or a Rank-Brand/vendor stun pots against any freeps whatsoever. It seems I have an addiction to trying make the game an actual challenge for freeps. Now I know its hard for them to survive out there, with the stacked stats and all, I mean, seriously, I saw a buffed warden with 21000 morale, no way he'll last longer than a few seconds against a solo creep, so I shouldn't let my own shortcomings affect the lives of so many. I mean my God, if that minstrel I fought, was able to heal through war speech, feign death, and throw up a bubble, all the while hitting me with beams of light for about 3k, then I have to apologize, I didn't realize it was that rough out there for you all. So again, please accept my deepest apologies, and I will now stand there and not fight back, like a PVE-land NPC.
    Wait until they start complaining about you on facebook.

I think you have more then one problem Heartwyrm, maybe you can schedule an appointment with my halberd...You know to claim some of those stars, that may be a start to your recovery process. <3 ya man wish I was able to play my warg as well as you play
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n1RSLD4.jpg[/IMG]

Silly Foxie, you couldnt even chop through a wet noodle with your halberd . . .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000026030e/signature.png]Flearidden[/charsig]

Stop killing me, that is all
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000af791/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Aimtru R8 Hunter/ Dontmakeme R8 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Flearidden View Post
    Silly Foxie, you couldnt even chop through a wet noodle with your halberd . . .
    Whoa! Don't underestimate Foxy's halberd, she is lethal with that thing!*winks*
    [URL="http://s624.photobucket.com/user/kristinhal16/media/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/kristinhal16/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Clearly you need an intervention, you only have 3.5 stars! What's the point of all those skills you've been using if you're going to die? On the other hand, if you don't mind death and need someone to clear up that flea problem you wargs always seem to have, feel free to contact my LM. He'll even do it free of charge.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000012087b/01008/signature.png]Artefis[/charsig]