We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Missing key mapping: /follow

Every movement command in the game can be directly mapped to a key, except for the /follow command. For this, I have to use one of my limited and valuable quickslots and a shortcut.

Would it be possible to add a direct key mapping in the options for this command? I have a feeling more players might actually discover it and use it that way.

Re: Missing key mapping: /follow

I'm having an odd problem when I use /follow. A few minutes after I use it, my character will run off in a random direction. Mildly annoying most of the time, it has gotten my character killed in Moria! Is there some work around to this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    I'm having an odd problem when I use /follow. A few minutes after I use it, my character will run off in a random direction. Mildly annoying most of the time, it has gotten my character killed in Moria! Is there some work around to this issue?
    I've noticed 2 bugs with the follow command.

1st bug: If you are on auto-run and then use /follow, you will continue to run when your target stops. If he starts to move again, your character will turn and follow as long as you have not gone too far (out of target range).

2nd bug: If the person you are following disappears (maps out, logs off or stealths (while not in your group)), you will start running in a random direction.

Agreed on all accounts. I would love to have a key that binds to follow without having to waste quickslot spot space.

Also, the bugginess is annoying. Third bug -- As far as I can tell, it's basing the follow off of /loc, which really sucks when the person you are following runs inside a building (where the /loc location is not remotely near the ;loc). It would also be awesome if it could handle jumping -- for example, player you are following jumps a fence, you jump the fence as well.

the /follow command is very usefull when doing Vol2. Foreword quest - "walk with Frodo" or smth. Just enter command and go afk for tea/coffee while doing quest

I have the /follow command on oune of my qwikslots, which allows me to have it hotkey'd

Example: /shortcut 6 /follow

This binds the /follow to hotkey 6, and can now be moved (with your cursor) from hotkey 6 to any of the qwikslots.

Warning: whatever skill u have in the hotkey, will be replaced; so be sure to move it aside til you are done making a bind.