We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is vilya dead :(

Please tell me vilya isn't dead D:

I have so many hilarious memories from playing on this server... Oh good god there's nothing like getting left by some ##### and instead of being hurt you just think... Vilya... Good #### lmfao, whatever #####!!!

Man I'll remember my 3 years on vilya for my entire life. Always puts a smile on my face to think of all the shenanigans!!

I hope the server still has some life in it, because I want more memories!!!!
    ♥-ღ°•๑۩۩๑ •°♥ ~ Lovepounce ~ R11 Arctic Wolf ~ ♥-ღ°•๑۩۩๑ •°♥[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320c01000012caec/signature.png]Hailpup[/charsig]
    ๑۩۩๑ R0 ~ R8 34 Days ๑۩۩๑ R9 ~ R10 27 Days ๑۩۩๑ R10 ~ R11 16 Days ๑۩۩๑

Re: Is vilya dead :(

Nooo, far from it... the moors is rocking and people are on all the time. I'm from Europe, and back in the day, I could run from the shire to Dol Guldur and come across 2-3 people, now there is a party in every major town, even in the mornings.

and I tell you that we have more people on in the mornings than we ever have. Never thought we could actually put together a raid early in the morning. All is well, and i'm sure you will have more and more memories to tell your grandchildren about. The moors is busier than ever, and there are all sorts of fights and raids going on pretty much all day... so No, Vilya is faaar from dead , or so I believe. Others may disagree with me though... but I have been around long enough to judge that it's alive and kickin'

/cough

A bit on the forums.
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

It's not totally Arkenstone style 1 guy on for both sides dead but it's a pale reflection of what it once was.

ATM it's way too creep heavy, with heavy reliance on the Rutgor style zerg but minus the hoarde of greenies.

I'm trying to encourage more freeps to moors by playing a freep and some of come but just not the kind of #s or interest that's on BW yet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000beb27/signature.png]Pibb[/charsig]

Pre-RoI R8 warg Brandywine R7 BA Brandywine R5 WL Brandywine R5 Warg Landroval R6 warg Vilya R5 BA Vilya

Let's be blunt, Vilya is dead or dying Kira.

Even with Rash on hiatus of a sort, too many of the creeps and other usual suspects are doing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but what it would take to generate more people to come and stay in the moors. GW2 comes out, how many will be left? Already quite a few left for Brandywine creep and freepside or went SWOTR but too many players have the attitude that meh, I'll move onto another game if it becomes totally dead. So they have no long term investment or concern about Vilya, the moors or anything beyond themselves, their ratings or having fun being an ....

Sorry but you're stuck with BW cause I know you're not the type that likes to zerg, hugs stars and wants to farm over fight and that's all your looking at if you spend time on Vilya.

Too many of the crowd on Vilya just want easy points, they're not interested in good fights.

Last edited by Macgregor1821; Apr 08 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000beb27/signature.png]Pibb[/charsig]

Pre-RoI R8 warg Brandywine R7 BA Brandywine R5 WL Brandywine R5 Warg Landroval R6 warg Vilya R5 BA Vilya

Not only PvP, many kins are suffering, and you'll get a lot less replies if you advertise for groups, my experience. Numbers on Unite are running low too.

I consider myself 'relatively' new to the Moors, and my question would be - what is considered a 'good fight'? It's hard to determine this when we run a group into the Moors and just get slaughtered by a massive creep raid.
    My personal enjoyment there comes from taking over a Keep, with some creeps making it more challenging... I don't enjoy just standing near a rez circle picking off creeps that come within range.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e3a65/signature.png]Lydiawulf[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by misner24 View Post
    I consider myself 'relatively' new to the Moors, and my question would be - what is considered a 'good fight'? It's hard to determine this when we run a group into the Moors and just get slaughtered by a massive creep raid.
    My personal enjoyment there comes from taking over a Keep, with some creeps making it more challenging... I don't enjoy just standing near a rez circle picking off creeps that come within range.
    To most on the server a good fight would be a raid vs. raid in open field, but a "good fight" to one person is not a good fight to another, so when you go out to the moors, do what you have the most fun doing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c01000010212a/signature.png]Raelith[/charsig]
    RaeRae>Raelith

Well the Last few nights I have seen some Raid vs Raid which I have not seen in a while. I think the server goes through up's and downs. Look's like an upswing is on the way

QuasiMoeDough Rank 7 Reaver / Bigesthulagoober Rank 7 BA/ Scoobydie Rank 7 Warg / DEADHEALZ Rank 1 Defiler / Silkskinner Rank 2 Weaver
    Saeldonnarain 75 Minnie / Bighulagoober 75 Hunter / Amnoahdad 57 RK / Littlelebeau 25 Burg

Gigady, Gigady!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kira_is_back View Post
    Please tell me vilya isn't dead D:

I have so many hilarious memories from playing on this server... Oh good god there's nothing like getting left by some ##### and instead of being hurt you just think... Vilya... Good #### lmfao, whatever #####!!!

Man I'll remember my 3 years on vilya for my entire life. Always puts a smile on my face to think of all the shenanigans!!

I hope the server still has some life in it, because I want more memories!!!!
    Dead?! FAR from it!!!

Here's what I do....

Once every few months, I get good and plastered, I'm talking SO wasted I cant even play swtor anymore, and then....
    I log in to LOTRO, look at my friends list, and see that the only one left who logs in is Turine. So I send him a pm saying FU! or something equally charming, and then talk his ear off about the good old days of the Ettenmoors'eses.

That's what I do.

oh almost forgot.... FU Kira!!!
    Last edited by TouTheou; Apr 11 2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Angarain Erain Kinship, Vilya
    Mikros 100 Guard, Chumli 100 hunter, Oggo 75? burg, Wasape 100 beorning (and a bunch of other alts and creep-side toons)

Quote Originally Posted by misner24 View Post
    - what is considered a 'good fight'?
    I think the more appropriate question is "What is considered a good fight under Pibb's standards" because heaven knows what happened last time somebody thought they had a "good fight".

FU you too Tu Tu <3.

Vilya isn't dead, it just isn't what people remember it to be at one point... good or bad, things change.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/--------/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

Quote Originally Posted by Turin_Turambar_The_F View Post
    FU you too Tu Tu <3.

Vilya isn't dead, it just isn't what people remember it to be at one point... good or bad, things change.
    That kin name...

Quote Originally Posted by Turin_Turambar_The_F View Post
    FU you too Tu Tu <3.

Yeah Im sure you still get what you put into it, I shouldnt whine so much, lol Im just too lazy to learn all the new stuff and miss my good 'moors friends.

/salute

/rude

AWESOME kin name! LOL
    Angarain Erain Kinship, Vilya
    Mikros 100 Guard, Chumli 100 hunter, Oggo 75? burg, Wasape 100 beorning (and a bunch of other alts and creep-side toons)

Quote Originally Posted by TouTheou View Post
    Yeah Im sure you still get what you put into it, I shouldnt whine so much, lol Im just too lazy to learn all the new stuff and miss my good 'moors friends.

/salute

/rude

AWESOME kin name! LOL
    Missing your old friends/enemies... frienemies... isn't whining... it's part of enjoying the game... however, the moors experience will change when people come and go... and skills are added/improved/redone.

Btw, if you want into the kin just ask Baredor... who else ;p.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/--------/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags