We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MINES OF MORIA Goat

I am a level 31 and plan on being lvl 50 by the end of next month. I heard I needed a goat in moria but i have to be kindred with thorins hall or iron miners. Is there any way to start earning towards a goat now?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000021506f/signature.png]Kragald[/charsig]

Re: MINES OF MORIA Goat

There are a few quests around that give Thorins rep at lower levels. The dwarf near Hengstacer Farm springs to mind, as does the dwarf at Iorvinas in the Lone Lands.

The Siege of Gondamon skirmish used to grant Thorins rep - not sure if the recent changes to skirmish rewards had any impact on that.

The task board in Gondamon can be used to gain Thorins rep, but only up to level 16.

The task board at Othrikar in the North Downs can be used to gain Thorins rep from level 26 to 32.

The task board at Barachen's Camp in the Trollshaws can be used to gain Thorins rep from level 30 to 36.

The task board at Gloin's Camp in the Misty Mountains can be used to gain Thorins rep from level 37 to 45.

The task board at Hrimbarg in the Misty Mountains can be used to gain Thorins rep from level 43 to 50.

Once you're in the high 40s you can quest in Sarnur, where you can do both repeatable quests that give rep and collect dropped rep items for Thorins. If you have a high level friend willing to do you a favour, a L75 character in there can get enough rep items to get you to Kindred in maybe an hour of rampant destruction.

And finally there's the Auction House option - Thorins and the Moria dwarves all have tradeable rep items which regularly appear on the AH. On my server they tend to be a bit overpriced though.

Two other ways to get a goat before you hit Moria - you can buy one in the LOTRO store OR you can join the Ale Association and achieve Kindred rank with them during a festival. They have a rep goat available at Kindred standing.
    Confused about the F2P/Premium/VIP account types? [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types]This post may help.[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeTheGreat View Post
    I am a level 31 and plan on being lvl 50 by the end of next month. I heard I needed a goat in moria but i have to be kindred with thorins hall or iron miners. Is there any way to start earning towards a goat now?
    You are correct that goats are the only usable mount in Moria, and that getting a goat requires either Iron Garrison Guard/Miner or Thorin's Hall kindred. You're not going to get kindred with either of the Moria factions till long after you enter Moria, so Thorin's Hall is your best bet if you want a goat mount the second you enter Moria, which is of course a great convenience.

Fortunately, getting Thorin's Hall kindred is very possible prior to entering Moria. You merely need to grind First Age Relics. One gives +700 Thorin's Hall rep. There are two places to do this: Sarnúr in Ered Luin, and the Icereave Mines in Forochel. Enemies in either location drop First Age Relics like crazy. An hour or two of patient grinding should easily give you enough First Age Relics.

Sarnúr is lower level, and much easier to get to and get around in than the Icereave Mines. Other than that, which location you choose may partly depend on what virtues you want to grind. In Forochel in the Icereave Mines, slaughtering 450 Dourhands gives +1 Fidelity. In Sarnúr, slaughtering 450 Dourhands gives +1 Justice, 450 beasts gives +1 Discipline, 300 trolls gives +1 Valour.

There are other, less efficient ways to gain Thorin's Hall rep, which you might want to do anyway as you're leveling. Many of the quests in the Misty Mountains, and Zigilgund in Forochel, give rep. You can also craft jeweller rep items using Moonstones (their only use), but I don't know that this applies to you.

Also, if your char is tinker he/she can make jewellery that can be exchanged in Thorins hall for the Thorins hall reputation... That is really quick way of gaining rep, providing you have enough ancient silver, and polished beryls I think.

And ofc, there is always the option of buying goat from LOTRO store for TPs, but I wouldnt recomend it due to that goat having only 80 morale iirc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001b2917/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Killing mobs in Sarnur for First Age Relics is the best way to achieve kindredd with Thorins Hall.
    ( Best being most time -profit efficient)

Tasks and quests are fun, but take too long compared to the rep they give.
    If you need to find a nice place to quest you can go for the ones that give rep, but I wouln't do the quests if you gain notthing else from it. Most quests give 700 rep I think, which is the same amount 1 First Age Relic gives.

A couple of hours killing mobs in there and you should have enough for Kindredd.
    Save some stacks of Dourhand Crests if you are low on morale/power pots. You can barter those for them.
    The First Age relics serve no other purpose then giving rep.

Siege of Gondaman skirmish also gives rep, but again only 700 each run which is silly compared to the time it takes to complete it ( altho it does give other stuff, like marks. So might still be good to run once in a while)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000053593/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree the easyest way is to farm in sarnur, you also get some lvl 45 quests from thorins hall to do in sarnur giving even more rep, there are some lvl 45 quests in forochel(near that mine) that give rep.

I did my LM not too long ago, just went to sarnur on my champ and in like 30-40M i had enough first age relics

Ps. Make sure you keep 100 crests(30 rep each) so when your kindred you can trade em in for the return to thorins hall skill

Mt
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I advise as Ozeagle detailed (+rep), instead of vendor trashing everything, do task boards that grant Thorin's rep as you quest. That reduces the time spent in Sarnur nicely.

Just FYI, when you get your first legendary items at 45, one of the quest rewards in that series grants you a legendary scroll that applies a title with damage type to your weapon, choose the one that offers "Ancient Dwarf" damage (not the first one, with Westernesse). You'll want that for the Sarnur rep quests and MOBs in back.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I am only level 15, but I already have my Goat. I got by earning rep with the Ale Association during the Yulefest, it was dead easy. I'm not sure when the Spring Festival is due, but I recommend doing the repeatable daily Ale Association quests to anybody who wants that goat. Half an hour a day and you'll have it before the week is out.

9. Re: MINES OF MORIA Goat

Those are all nice goats, but if you can manage to win the Treasure Goat from the treasure hunt event when it comes back you will have a +68 goat instead of +62 one.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeTheGreat View Post
    You can gain reputation for Thorin's Hall throughout Middle-Earth, at level 42 or so you can go into Sarnur to farm Thorin's Hall reputation items.

And as mentioned above, there are more goats you can gain before entering moria.
    I love my Ale Association goat, that's my favorite one
    The one from the Treasure hunt is 3.7% faster (168 instead of 162, like other meta steeds), but it makes annoying sounds
    The shop also offers (sometimes) a white goat which has the same stats as other meta steeds.
    And then there is the weakest goat of all, with only 60 hitpoints and standard speed, the store offers it for a good price. I got it on all my chars, because I used a code from a magazine.

As a comment to the above: do not pay for the 60-morale goat! If gotten for free, I'm sure it's nice, but too many people have described it as "if an orc sneezes, or even looks at you funny, you're dismounted".

The Thorin's Hall goat is probably the easiest to have before Moria.
    If you like the Ale Association, it's available at an earlier level, but TH rep is quite achievable with a couple hours of just killing mobs in Sarnur from level 45 onwards. As a previous poster said - get the Ancient Dwarf Damage-scroll for your legendary during the Vol II book 1, then head to Sarnur to level your LI's.

Just saying here....
    The ale league goat could be done as well BUT....i'm just saying here since being mounted with that horse you alwayes get the "drunk" animacion....well especially in Moria even worse if it's your first time in moria your bound to go the wrong way a few hunderd of times.....that goat will be more of a distraction then a help.

MT
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You don't actually need a goat, it is just a convenience as you cannot use horses or ponies. If it is your first time through Moria you may wish to take your time and enjoy the views. Some of the areas are confusing at first so a goat will only get you lost more quickly
    [center][color=red]~ Nebuchadnezzar ~[/color]
    Circle of Trust
    [i][color=green]A European Asylum for the Mentally Bewildered[/color][/i]
    η β π[/center]

Do you get the drunk effect from the Ale Association Goat? I thought that was only from the Inn Leage Horse.

Either way is the effect actually pretty easy to disable, shut off Post-process Effects in Adv. Graphics

As everyone else has said, grind Sarnur once you get to the late 40s (or even as soon as you get your LI) for first age relics. They drop fairly frequently so a couple of hours should get you to Kindred.

You can also check the AH or use the skirmish camp as a supplement. (I wouldn't suggest using these as a main source, since the skirmish camp is expensive - 116 Marks for one relics - and the AH is both expensive and unreliable.).
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    Do you get the drunk effect from the Ale Association Goat? I thought that was only from the Inn Leage Horse.
    You are right, the goat has no such effect which I find a good thing, it's so annoying on the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLetters View Post
    Some of the areas are confusing at first so a goat will only get you lost more quickly
    And depending on your ambient light settings, just allow you to find the nearest ledge to jump to your doom from a tad more quickly

I went into Sarnur on one characacter at level 43. Working on two deeds: Dourhands and Beasts, you wll get enough rep items to hit kindred before you are 45. Then buy the Thorin's rep goat. It is better than the Moria Miner's and you will have a goat from the get-go in the mines.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLetters View Post
    You don't actually need a goat, it is just a convenience as you cannot use horses or ponies. If it is your first time through Moria you may wish to take your time and enjoy the views. Some of the areas are confusing at first so a goat will only get you lost more quickly
    This. My first time through, I ground out the TH rep in Sarnur and it drove me batty (I hate pure grinding). So on my second run through there, I'm using stable points only. Much easier and I don't miss having a mount at all.

If you must have one though, the Thorin's Hall rep goat is about 2g cheaper than the one you'd get from Iron Garrison and much easier and faster to grind out.
    Jaednor Wishsong

I have the TH rep goat on 4 toons and am working on the 5th. Last night I went to the AH and bought all the FA Relics that were reasonably priced and am half-way through ally. Cost me about 10 gold. Since my 5th toon is only level 26 I'll have time to wait for someone else to post more reasonably priced relics for me to pick up, or I can just go to sarnur for them. I used to just go grind the mobs and earn the +1 valor at the same time, but since valor isn't desirable it is just as simple to buy the relics.

The first time I went through Moria was goat-less on my Loremaster. It was not a very pleasant experience getting around. I have one rule in this game, any toon that I take through Moria must have the goat first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post

Either way is the effect actually pretty easy to disable, shut off Post-process Effects in Adv. Graphics
    No. I am kindred with the Ale Association and have the goat. You do not get drunk while on it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Skalinovski View Post
    Also, if your char is tinker he/she can make jewellery that can be exchanged in Thorins hall for the Thorins hall reputation... That is really quick way of gaining rep, providing you have enough ancient silver, and polished beryls I think.

And ofc, there is always the option of buying goat from LOTRO store for TPs, but I wouldnt recomend it due to that goat having only 80 morale iirc.
    No, the store goat has 250 health. I think it's the first level of rep goat (friend level? the tame one) that only has 80. The preorder goat from a couple of years ago is 100 health and honestly and really, it does me fine for getting around the place.

Even so, the store goat can be hit or miss if it's available. Currently it's not.

==Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Recusate==
    alts: Aymie, Wrd 61 | Willie, Hnt 28 | Io, Grd 55 | Leyta, Lm 44 | Sharise, Brg 38

Quote Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
    No, the store goat has 250 health. I think it's the first level of rep goat (friend level? the tame one) that only has 80. The preorder goat from a couple of years ago is 100 health and honestly and really, it does me fine for getting around the place.

Even so, the store goat can be hit or miss if it's available. Currently it's not.
    No, he's right. The dusky nimblefoot goat from the store only has 60 hitpoints.
    It's identical to your pre-order goat, that one also has just 60 points, not 100.

I generally head to Icereave for the 2-for-1 Forochel and Thorin's rep, and the rank of Fidelity (which is still useful).

Quote Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    No, he's right. The dusky nimblefoot goat from the store only has 60 hitpoints.
    It's identical to your pre-order goat, that one also has just 60 points, not 100.
    Color me corrected. Even the slow founder Bree Pony is 100 health so I've always just figured the pre-order goat was too. Well, it's never bothered me eough to go out and try and get another one to replace it.

The store goat I was speaking of was the Fleet Footed Goat. 2000tp 68speed 250 health, currently stabled. I didn't realize there was another available in the store. I learned something new.

==Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Recusate==
    alts: Aymie, Wrd 61 | Willie, Hnt 28 | Io, Grd 55 | Leyta, Lm 44 | Sharise, Brg 38

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast