We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1v1 vs Ganking

Good Fights vs Ganking

Last night I came up to Grothum on my Warden and was running around pulling lots of mobs and slowly killing them all at the same time when suddenly Silar jumps me and then we proceeded to have a rousing 1v1 with around 8 goblins on me.... it was a pretty long fight with the npc's slowly dieing, and when they were finally all gone it was still a few more min until I was able to beat Silar. (Thanks again for the fun fight!)

A few min later 4 creeps found me and dismembered me. then I moved down to HH and stopped a warg from killing lil cute hobbitsses, only to be ganked by Hawtshot and a couple of wargs... (I expected better of you Hawt.)

Now I am not complaining about ganking cause we all do it. But wouldn't it be nice if you see one guy running around stop him and jump around... see if they want to 1v1... test yourself and see how good you are... actually earning the points you are getting. (If it is a tanky class a 1vs2 is prolly a good test for them.)

I look forward to seeing real fights in the moors...Hint hint...

Sincerely,

Gil
    Last edited by Gilgaldoren; Apr 03 2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Revised Title

Re: 1v1 vs Ganking

Actually, I prefer the warm fuzzy feeling I get from ganking you. An eye for an eye, bub.

I moved down to HH and stopped a warg from killing lil cute hobbitsses, only to be ganked by Hawtshot and a couple of wargs... (I expected better of you Hawt.)
    You ganked the cute little warg while he was killing hobbitsses and then you complain about getting ganked while standing in the middle of HH.

<sigh>
    Last edited by PeppermyntPatty; Apr 03 2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: removed smilies.

While I agree that 1v1's can be a good test of skill and a just a fun thing to do, expecting other players to respect a 1v1 anywhere other than CM is not a reasonable request. Many times a player will arrive and see a 1v1 occurring and the natural inclination is to help your respective side because how would you know that the fight is an agreed upon 1v1 or if it simply worked out that way? Also due to the size of our server sometimes the only way to get renown is to kill the 1 freep that happens to be in the moors at the time, which unfortunately more often than not leads to a gank of the said freep. Now in no way do I support ganking but what I am saying is that ganking is going to happen and that we need to accept that unfortunate truth. I would love to see some organized 1v1's on CM in the future. Hope this all makes sense. See you in the moors.

Turviril
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000000233e/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Agreed Turviril, thank you for your comment.

PeppermyntPatty-
    Said warg that I killed sprinted away as soon as he saw me, it was a fair kill not a gank... ganking involves (imo) more than one person, making it so the opponent has no chance of winning.

If I ever run away from a fight plz kill me for being a coward.

An eye for an eye implies that I have ganked you which-in recent memory-isn't true, but if you would like to have a fair fight with me I would be glad to oblige.

Well I do agree!

Ganking is lame.

But... a 1vs1 with a warden is actually a 3vs1 post u6. You guys are incincible.

To put it simply, I've mostly given up on fighting anyone 1v1 outside of CM while i love fighting a person one on one i never know if your in a group, or if i'm in a group i won't ask those with me to sit and watch us fight one person when we may not have seen a player for hours, its boring and no one wants to be left out. That said, if I am alone often ill fight if i have a chance at winning against them (those other then minstrels...) and call out the player after i've died.

also, I would say that anytime you attack someone in such a place as hh (questing) you can only blame yourself for staying around if you were taken....someone going into HH alone with hope of killing a freep is an idiot or a warg. why would you not bring friends?

Same with Grot, our goblin friends are just as mourned as your tasty hobbits. and anytime you find a creep with you, you'll find more shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgaldoren View Post
    A few min later 4 creeps found me and dismembered me. then I moved down to HH and stopped a warg from killing lil cute hobbitsses, only to be ganked by Hawtshot and a couple of wargs... (I expected better of you Hawt.)

Now I am not complaining about ganking cause we all do it. But wouldn't it be nice if you see one guy running around stop him and jump around... see if they want to 1v1... test yourself and see how good you are... actually earning the points you are getting. (If it is a tanky class a 1vs2 is prolly a good test for them.)

Funny, I wasnt watching closely, but I didnt see you trying anything like the above fashion very hard. I saw you run into HH w/o really lookin around, and jump on the first thing that moved (I wasnt even uruk-stealthed). But lets say I did ignore you and let you kill said warg. What would happen next? You'd kill the next warg, and the next, maybe jump around a bit since you want to "1v1" then come kill me.

I did see two or three people call you out in ooc/tribe. Call outs mean they dont want to 1v1 and want help, and against wardens who are usually spec'd for "not-dying ever", I didnt blame them.

In my experience, people only go to grothum and HH expecting to kill a greeny or a quester, not quality creeps/freeps that'll fight back. Everyone knows this. Its like the 2 places you DONT expect to find a 1v1. I feel like you went to HH to explicitly gank whoever you found down there within the safety of the cute little hobbitses (I kinda expected better from you).

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgaldoren View Post
    ganking involves (imo) more than one person, making it so the opponent has no chance of winning.
    Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level.
    Link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ganking

Since in lotro, the creeps are all lvl 75, we can't talk about level, so rank is what it matters here, if you kill, lets say an unranked warg, that its obiously below your skill, that havent played his class for 75 levels, and only a couple of minutes, and the HUGE aventage between freeps and creeps(also he will have 0 audacity nor any buyable skills), he is obviously below your 'level'.

I rolled a greenie BA in E, I got killed by a ll 65 mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    But... a 1vs1 with a warden is actually a 3vs1 post u6.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Alturin View Post
    In my experience, people only go to grothum and HH expecting to kill a greeny or a quester, not quality creeps/freeps that'll fight back. Everyone knows this. Its like the 2 places you DONT expect to find a 1v1. I feel like you went to HH to explicitly gank whoever you found down there within the safety of the cute little hobbitses (I kinda expected better from you).
    NOONE goes to HH to find a fair fight, it's either gank greenies or pick up a quest, nothing else, fi you go to HH, you're expecting for free infamy either way, 'pvping'(killing freavers that have no idea whats going on) or pveing.
    Last edited by Inglaran; Apr 03 2012 at 08:42 PM.

ganking involves (imo) more than one person, making it so the opponent has no chance of winning.
    How many hobbits did you have with you? I was under the impression that the warg was fighting hobbits when you attacked. That (imo) is ganking also.

An eye for an eye implies that I have ganked you which-in recent memory-isn't true
    I was referring, figuratively, to the eyes of the ganked warg...My tribe-mate. You gank one of us, you gank us all.

To those of you who are trying to say I had npc's on my side in hh you are wrong. I kited so that I was always in an open space and only one gardener got pulled in the 2x I was there.

Thanks for replying hawtshot I will take what you have said into consideration next time I see you on the field.

I said I was under the impression you had NPCs on your side, implying that I may have been under the wrong impression. You kited the warg away from the hobbits? So, the warg was at full morale/power, all cooldowns recharged, everything ready for a fight when you showed up? Oh, ok.

Please also take what I have said into consideration when we meet on the field.

See you in Grothum

Cool Re: 1v1 vs Ganking

Hey Talidis, i don't mind 1v1 with you again my friend, was fun the last time and challenging for me against a rank 9 defiler!

Forgetting all the other points for a second, just that fact that you play mini and warden discourages people from 1v1'ing you anyway. Try bringing a less OP class in and im sure you can find some willing participants :P

Cool Re: 1v1 vs Ganking

Shield wardens are OP and wont go down easily, spear and fist traited wardens go down much faster than the shield warden.

And as for no one willing to fight a 1v1 with a warden...shield warden i can understand, its like fighting a god who won't go down, and just fighting 1v1's with other classes than the warden or mini, really numbs the skill level of the opposite players and not willing to take a challenge...that....i really dislike alot.

i got to say, i enjoyed the 1v1's on CM yesterday, had a blast, i hope the creeps did too!!

Thumbs up Re: 1v1 vs Ganking

I can understand how you might caps lock mode in the Moors ooc channel about your perceived injustice, and I can sorta see that unstoppable rage boiling over into glff, but to forever etch it into stone by making a forum post about it? Really?

I wonder if you realize how absolutely ridiculous this post is. Maybe it's lost on you, but there's something truly ironic about a minstrel from VC publicly complaining about getting ganked. And not just ganked, but air-quotes ganked.

Let me break this down for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgaldoren
    Last night I came up to Grothum on my Warden and was running around pulling lots of mobs and slowly killing them all at the same time when suddenly Silar jumps me and then we proceeded to have a rousing 1v1 with around 8 goblins on me.... it was a pretty long fight with the npc's slowly dieing, and when they were finally all gone it was still a few more min until I was able to beat Silar. (Thanks again for the fun fight!)
    You killed a lone warg on your warden, congratulations. Let me stand in line with everyone else waiting to give you an asspat for a job well done.

A few min later 4 creeps found me and dismembered me.
    You died in a pvp zone.

then I moved down to HH and stopped a warg from killing lil cute hobbitsses, only to be ganked by Hawtshot and a couple of wargs... (I expected better of you Hawt.)
    I enjoy how you're trying to rationalize your behavior with the cutesy talk, please write all of your forum posts as if you're entertaining an audience of five year olds. If you would prefer instead to speak like an adult, how 'bout you drop the "poor widdle hobbitses" spiel and speak frankly: you went to HH in the hopes of ganking questers. You found a quester, and then ganked them.

(PS I really like how you name-dropped Silar a few sentences up, but this mystery warg in HH gets no recognition. But I'm sure they were r9 also and very hard to beat. Good job, more asspats are in order.)

Now I am not complaining about ganking cause we all do it.
    I am pretty sure that is exactly what you are doing. That is the entire point of this thread. This is you complaining about ganking.

But wouldn't it be nice if you see one guy running around stop him and jump around... see if they want to 1v1... test yourself and see how good you are... actually earning the points you are getting. (If it is a tanky class a 1vs2 is prolly a good test for them.)
    Okay so one BA and "a couple of wargs" (which means two) went up against your warden, a "tanky class," all while you were amongst your own npcs. You just said 1vs2 is probably a good test for said tanky classes. Seems like, according to your own logic, you weren't actually ganked at all. You had a "good test" and you lost, and this post is really just about you QQing. Thanks for playing, better luck next time!

I look forward to seeing real fights in the moors...Hint hint...
    I look forward to checking the Imladris board and seeing more posts like this, wink wink.

Where do I get a "Raiel for President" bumper sticker?

You know what? Gripe about it when it happens on CM. Any other place is fair game, no matter how many. Besides, majority of you freeps hide behind the NPCs too much for me to care. On top of all that, if you're on a freep, that means you're A) VIP B) can use destiny points for OP perks C) usually geared up D) if C. doesn't apply to you, you're on an OP class like mini or warden.
    Some of you freeps actually know how to play your class, while other times, it just seems like some freeps don't care or don't know and wind up as fodder. It's really fun when the lowbies come out to play, because they distract most creeps including myself from the max levelled freeps.

Oh, and really...a non-legitmate gripe thread from a freep? Last I knew, you freeps don't suffer anything other than loss of rating from being killed. I would totally expect something like this if you had to repair your armor, maybe even suffer some sort of experience debt/loss of renown - and would only be less than a pinch less sympathetic if that was the case. If you want a 1v1, take it to Candy Mountain. 'Cause it's a magical place where creeps can actually follow some sort of code of ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiel View Post
    Verthandi's wall-o-text
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0

Quote Originally Posted by Ammath88 View Post
    Put this on rerun for at least a couple minutes. Are you playing LOTRO again Dani?

Quote Originally Posted by Mostovskiy View Post
    Put this on rerun for at least a couple minutes. Are you playing LOTRO again Dani?
    Not really. I logged in for a few minutes last night but thats it. I've been playing WoW and Guild Wars a little bit. Are you still playing TOR?

Quote Originally Posted by Ammath88 View Post
    Not really. I logged in for a few minutes last night but thats it. I've been playing WoW and Guild Wars a little bit. Are you still playing TOR?
    Yeah, pre-season 8v8 ranked queues will start this month sometime, but it's server side so outside of first few weeks ranked queues will be dead until season 1 cross-server queues, and hard to say when they will implement that.

Arrow this thread is now about SWTOR

Dani just give Mosto your e-mail address already.

(PS I really like how you name-dropped Silar a few sentences up, but this mystery warg in HH gets no recognition.
    Silar's great, he's one of the best Wargs on our server But this isn't his main server so he's not on much.

Re: this thread is now about SWTOR

What reason would I have to come back and check these forums then? No fun in that!

Red face Re: this thread is now about PIE

OH I SORRY

On Topic:

OMG I GET KILLED IN PVP ZONE MY RATING HURT! I PLAY MOST OP CLASSES SO I DONT DIE BUT I STILL DIE IT NOT FAIR! FREEP SHOULD NOT DIE! ONLY CREEP!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast