We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why do you Creep?

So i'm hauling my sorry excuse of a warg (voracious) from grams to oc wishing that my map's cooldowns did not take so long.. and i start to wonder why am i even doing this.. i totally know why i started my creep and i've learned alot about the moors from playing both sides; like why not to take lugs! I don't know it just seems there is no real benefit for playing my creep anymore.. no more lovely dp to support my raid habits.. and now i'm just curious WHAT KEEPS YOU OTHER CREEPS GOING? EVERYTHING costs thousands of commadations so I'm finding it hard to play both sides. (is that just me?)

I don't proof read my posts so ignore my typos

Re: Why do you Creep?

I asked my self the same question a while back....TBH the reason i kept playing my creep was because of the friends/people i made.

Honestly creep side has WAYYYYY more fun when raiding, i don't know what it is, but it seems freep's take everything so seriously, whereas creeps just laugh when they die.

Nobody knew who i was until i started playing my defiler and played a while. Then i started playing my freep more often and still to this day I'm called dirty LOL.....but its fine, that's where my legacy started ^^

....and about the comms thing. Just keep grinding, it's honestly not hard to get that many :/

Another important thing: Without creeps, there are no freep's! and vice versa. Its what makes the moors, the moors.

./cheer

The hope of a good fight, also to be the underdog.

Its interesting to see what creeps will come up with to fight freeps. I mean I played my champ in the moors for almost 2 months and finally said forget this, this is too easy.
    I play creepside for the challenge it brings and to laugh at the freep raid that should have wiped us 10x over yet we still came out on top.

Also I've now declared my raids will no longer be serious creepside b/c it keeps ppl in the raid, ppl laugh about dying and freeps get too serious lol But seleth will need to be in the raid aswell for it to be 100% for teh lolz along with duckie and tarzan

SAMPLE FROM LAST NIGHT:

*running from TA front lawn to stab Seleth is already fighting on stab When Ittybitty sees 10+ emerge from the ruins of east TA*

Itty: Uh seleth behind us! OH GOD behind us!!!

Seleth: What? no its fine what is it like 4?

Itty: NO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!!! BEHIND US!!!!!!!!!!

Seleth: *turns around* OH HOLY ******

Itty: NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?
    Last edited by Derpon; Apr 02 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpon View Post
    Also I've now declared my raids will no longer be serious creepside b/c it keeps ppl in the raid, ppl laugh about dying and freeps get too serious lol But seleth will need to be in the raid aswell for it to be 100% for teh lolz along with duckie and tarzan
    I need to get in one of those raids....soon!

i need a good "LOL"

I actually happened to get into one of the groups Itty is talking about. I was laughing my butt off the entire time. There are a couple reasons I play my creep. One is cause I actually am enjoying my creep now. Took me awhile to get the hang of playing it. Even though it's still a healer class, WL's are VERY different from Mini's. lol Now my problem is I have found myself playing my Mini like my WL. Crazy huh? rotfl I will still play both of my toons, as I love to play with my friends on both sides. /wink

After hitting L75 on my Champ and running thru the new instances/raids/bugs/LIs I thought I would try the moors to see what it was about. I was quite bored with how many times I needed to run GS/Library/Turtle or any new raids to get the new blingy. Also how often after the first time is it still interesting or do you have to think of a new strategy or tactics? Do I really want to grind my way to L14 in virtues?

As a new r0 freaver creep I was told by someone more experienced to do 2 things:

1- get out of the Grams slug pits
    2- read the Monster Manual http://dailystats.theblackappendage....monster-manual

To your question-I play creepside primarily for the people involved. I rarely solo except for simple PvE quests and I'm not into 1v1s. I will duo or small group mainly and raid up when it's needed. Its the people I group with that can make even defeats fun that keep me on creepside.

For example last night on BW the map was blue. For fun our tribe put together a small group and skirmished at Grams- no joy there; we couldn't match the freep firepower- we mapped out and ended up Ninja taking TR with about 8 of us. About 15 minutes later TR was lost again. We started taking TA but were stomped when we had the CG down to about 60k health- so close! We fought to the last, retreated and recovered. Our next target was Lugz while there were +24 on track farming Grams; we scouted and found Lugz was guarded by a freep who eventually rode off. After the guard left we released the warg boss while watching the freeps at Grams. All of a sudden Lugz was infested by freeps so we figured there was another guard/lookout that we missed. We mapped again while Lugz was occupied and ended up taking a relic from OR. It may not sound inspiring and we only made 200-300 commendations in all that time but it was fun, kept us thinking and we logged off after completing something successfully together while laughing at the face of defeat. I also know that I can count on these folks thru thick and thin.

There was a thread- it may be locked now- that contained some additional ideas:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...the-Ettenmoors

This may be entirely different from others viewpoints/experiences but for me it all boils down to my interactions with people I game with. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for on creepside or invent it yourself. Good Luck!

The biggest reason I play creep side: Creep is more fun.

Freeps have the advantage in the moors, it's designed that way (you have read the books, haven't you? Maybe heard about the movies? ) But, having played in the moors on freep on 2 servers, and creep on 4 servers ( 2 rank 8s on 2 different servers), my experience is that creeps are much less serious overall.

I have to admit, I am tentative to bring my mini out. As a healer predominantly, heading out of GV as a soloer doesnt feel very comfortable. But occasionally she finds a group ventures out. I'll have to work on that, I guess

Honestly though, if you are looking for fun, roll your creep out. But expect to die. It happens. Work together, and enjoy the good fights on both sides. That's what it's all about.
    [URL="http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000899/01002/signature.png"][CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000922b7/signature.png]Helslime[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]
    [/URL]

We may not take it seriously, but them Vanyar blokes... yikes.

Anyone attempt to play on the server? Sounds crazy to even try lol

I play because it's fun, everything is a big surprise party of death and doom over a supposedly calm and serene landscape.

Walk out of Grams, what do you see? Beautiful opens fields of blood-stained grass and scrubs where creeps had hidden from freeps, man guts plastered all over Lugz, Burg tracks near TA, and Itty's grave where he arose after 3 Days. Hallelujah.

It's exciting to say the least, all the things going on the in moors.

I played my champ in the moors to get my shiny helmet and after that I kinda didn't step there for several months, I often didn't enjoy playing out there - I prefer to have lots of targets to shing shing at, healer at my back and in general more certainty, but soloing is very fashionable and I will never be a fan.
    Then I made my spider and it was so much more cool - I love my skills, they are much more appropriate (although I have to admit I do miss my champ sprint every now and again =D) for moors play and so much more fun. Getting a root or a stun right before having your group kill a target is an awesome feeling.
    It can be hard because freeps are so stupidly OP sometimes (well some are, then again, I'm only r6 :P) but in the end it's usually worth it.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Having fewer skills than freeps, and often a worse class diversity, forces creeps to focus more on refining their skill combos and switching up strategies on the spot. I find this aspect quite enjoyable. A few days ago, I was inside TA soloing with fairly even numbers on both sides. I decided to focus on a heavy guard instead of the the usual light armor. Kept charging out, using Sundering Blow to debuff the armor, and running back. Finally, he chased me into TA. I used Upper Hand to take away some Block, Hamstring to slow, Blinding Dust and Disarm to take some sting away, and the rest is history. 9 times out of 10 that strategy wouldn't work (certainly wouldn't try it on Medo) but when it does it's awesome. Being far more squishy than before, I can still get some kills, and have fun.

I'm going to be completely honest, i started playing my warg... cause i thought he looked cool. i took one look at the r8 skin and said "WOW I'VE GOT TO GET THAT LOOK". same thing for my warden, I started him as my main cause i think the way they fight is just BA. (probably why i tried to dps pre u6 mighty blow and the boot are just awesome looking) and as for raids? Like itty said, you get the right people and you'll be laughing the whole time your hitting the "retreat now" button because itty was yelling something about sacrificing qris in pinks honor. I do most plan on being creepside more if i know itty and others will be on. I have to admit i was pretty discouraged from leading either side when i start to hear complaints like "my rating is going down..." WHO CARES?! Have fun! push into ta when they outnumber us FOR THE LOLz!! This game can't be taken seriously and i admit most creep raids have been far from serious as compared to freep raids( though i've been in a few where we've had some good laughs) and as for challenge? I once fought 3 reavers and a defiler on my warden and granted they had NO idea how to pvp. ( and i mean NO IDEA.) but that would never happen on my warg... most creeps can't 1v1 my warden at all and i literally faceroll my keyboard on my warden (except for those defilers. WOWZERS.) and i feel like i've got to at least TRY on my warg.. but its all in good fun. try to log on creepside more Voracious and i'll be sure to get you in this raids so you can see just how much fun we have out there :]

right now I just creep to get comms for my minstrel. I used to duo creep a lot with a kinmate back in moria when creeps were laughably underpowered because their morale didn't scale enough between 50-60 with the increased freep dps. To put it in perspective, when moria came out a rk could do like max 8-10k with ec, which is about what they can do now at 75. But back then a warg only had between 5-6k morale....
    I jump on my warg every once in a while to faceroll people, but I don't get the whole underdog feeling anymore I used to. seems "balanced" enough atm to me not to see a point. good players can make any class seem op.

I creep because I hate everyone and want to murder them.
    Also this http://youtu.be/5Im4vPUswKY :P
    Last edited by Nifroth; Apr 03 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    I creep because I hate everyone and want to murder them
    Oh yeah, and that too, how could I forget...
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Because even if I suck, I can just blame it on freeps being OP.

Also I've pretty much tapped the trolling keg dry in glff...creep OOC still has impressionable minds that I haven't messed with yet.

Two main reasons. 1) Pvmp lacks too much for me to pay 10 bucks a month for vip, its kinda a principal thing. Couple that with the sorry OPness of freeps (making it terribly boring to freep) so I paid for warg for the opportunity to do some kinda pvp as sad as it sometimes is. 2) Secondly and most importantly I have friends that are not vip and creep side gives the opportunity to group with them and pvp where I couldnt freep side.

The reason I creep??? Ummm I am Calidog why wouldn't I lol not It is a lot of fun once you can get to where you can solo a freep it loses its fun when they can't solo you granted there are a few out that give'n a good crit or 5 they could beat these OP!!!!! creeps. "cough" itty any ways I don't know rly fidelity it is the friends that we have all met and just how most of us that playare what you guys know as the moors. In hope of good fight's less zergs (Never happen haha) and well over all fun with out the stress of trying to figure out a quest that is buged lol. and the comm's thing I like it!!! We will not have freps/creeps flipping so much for a lil while because you are going to gear your main first b4 all your alts then after your main is done it rly will just come so I dont see it as being to bad. Well all happy hunting/Stalking.
    p/s/ Why do we do it because its fun over all.
    calidog

Quote Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
    Two main reasons. 1) Pvmp lacks too much for me to pay 10 bucks a month for vip, its kinda a principal thing. Couple that with the sorry OPness of freeps (making it terribly boring to freep) so I paid for warg for the opportunity to do some kinda pvp as sad as it sometimes is.
    Hello, I am a warg, I am so totally not OP, lolz. (Ignore this is you don't have flayer, but really shadow is sweet too, only squishy)

Got a little diddy from Offspring with my own little twists, sung in the rhythm and key of Self Esteem, it goes a little something like this:

I died in the moors for the tenth time today
    And practiced my rotation on the grams dummy
    But freeps came over, They really got nerve
    They beat my ###, Im their dessert

Now I know I'm being used
    That's okay man 'cause I like the abuse
    Well, I knowTurbine's playing with me
    That's okay 'cause I've got no self esteem

Oh wayo, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah

We make plans to go out and fight
    I wait to zerg man this doesn't seem right
    This rejection's got me so low
    Im just a creep, what do I know

Oh wayo, yeah, yeah
    Oh, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh, yeah, yeah

Freeps are saying, all that they want is me
    Then they go and kill all of my friends
    Freeps are saying, the Turbine store is like a disease
    Then I wonder how much more I can spend

Well I guess, I should stick up for myself
    But I really think it's better this way
    The more you suffer
    The more it shows you really care, right? Yeah

Now I'll relate, this little bit
    That happens more than I'd like to admit
    Late at night, freeps camp at my door
    Im an easy KB they're trying to score

Now I know, I should say no, but
    That's kind of hard even when freeps steal the show
    I may be dumb, but I'm not a dweeb
    I'm just a sucker with no self esteem

Oh wayo, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh yeah, yeah

Lame I know

Here's why:

Quote Originally Posted by Galliroth View Post
    Here's why:

LOL! When did y'all do this?!

Straego and Duckie talking the exact same nonsense as each other lol. Not surprised at all, but great guys to run with.

i creep cause i enjoy it alot i love to see people throw their tantrums but overall i love killing the freeps

Creeps-
    Sneakerz-rank6 warg
    Blazingarrows-rank5 black arrow
    Ownednoob-rank4 war leader
    Large-rank3 reaver
    Healsplease-rank2 defiler
    not saying- rank 1 weaver
    Freeps-
    Wound- rank2 level 40 hunter