We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Great River hidden slayer deeds [spoiler?]

I started killing rats as soon as I arrived in Great River, mainly because they creep me out.

Since the rats are only level 1 (i.e. scenery), it never occurred to me that there was a deed associated with them; besides, any non-hidden deed shows up on the deed tracker, and I would have noticed it there as I was tracking my progress on orcs and Easterlings and things. So I never counted how many rats I was killing.

Did anyone with the Nardagnir title count how many Great River rats it took? I'm pretty confident I've killed over 60, but don't know whether I've eradicated over 120 - I think 60, 80 and 120 are all popular cut-offs for the first slayer level.

I haven't killed any swans. Is there a swan-slaughterer deed?

OK, off to get my next +1 Honesty!
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Re: Great River hidden slayer deeds [spoiler?]

Ahhh hahahaha!

I know what you did.

Joe "Jwbarry" Barry: "... because there was a thread in the book to hang ourselves from..."
    "We will not sell end-game gear. "
    Orion: "Something needs to go here"

I can't do the rat deed because i am busy with the training dummy deed atm
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000021d973/signature.png]Crisspin[/charsig]

I am working on my Swan Genocider hidden deed while hunting for eight more Avanc in Rushgore for past twelve days.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Congrats! Those rats are almost as big as Hobbits!
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

Lilka Braska, Bane of the Badgers.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

I don't get it... is this a joke I will get only when I enter the Great River?

Probably just a joke to get you to waste time killing pointless rats. Remember, video or pics or it didn't happen.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

Doron, my undead helper at the haunted fort in Parth Celebrant, actually went after and killed a rat when it got within aggro range tonight (true story!). He must know the slayer deed secret, that sneaky guy.

I'm such a rotten player that even dead guys get hidden deed titles before I do.
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

Don't forget the pre-req deed for this. It's not as obvious as a slayer deed attached to a mob type, which is pretty logical (it's not just frogs btw)
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

April Fools?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    OK, off to get my next +1 Honesty!
    Oh my sides.
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

I am SO glad I checked the date today...
    Monkshood L75 Loremaster, author of the Deed Tracker spreadsheet available here: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...er-Spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsix66 View Post
    Doron, my undead helper at the haunted fort in Parth Celebrant, actually went after and killed a rat when it got within aggro range tonight (true story!). He must know the slayer deed secret, that sneaky guy.

I'm such a rotten player that even dead guys get hidden deed titles before I do.
    Mine did the same thing!. I summoned Doron at the foot of the bridge and he turned around and killed the rabbit that was sitting there. It was very sad.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000049f90/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm on the road now returning from Snipe hunting. Can't wait to get home to start this deed!

Awesome!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

Oh dear, I wish I had read the whole thread before I wasted 4 hours of my life on this.

Dont forget the troll poo deed, yah gotta follow behind trolls, gather troll filth, burn it in a fire like yah do in Loth. Gives me pretty good limelight faction everyday.

I can't say I've really worked on the rat deed. The rabbit one is hard enough...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aabb0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[i]In pursuit of knowledge, for knowledge is power....[/i]

Pretty sure there is a lag deed.... but I keep maxing out the number of times I can advance in a day

Hmmmm, gonna have to check this out.
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra

Bah, I need to work on my gear, the rats keep defeating me!
    Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.

Well, since this has continued into today, it MUST be real! Heading out now to start this deed. Anyone know which pots &/or food I should take with me? I'm assuming superiors but which are best for rats? Oh, and should I retrait?
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][SIZE=4][I][COLOR=orange]Adder[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=80048"][COLOR=orange][FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]- Hall of Fame Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Adder%E2%80%99s_/Mood_y_Emote_Compendium"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=orange][B]Adder’s /Mood_y /Emotes Compendium[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]- [/COLOR][COLOR=lemonchiffon]LoreBook[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639"][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR=orange]Announcing LOTRO Total Housing Redesign![/COLOR][/B] [/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]-[/COLOR] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]Suggestions Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Personally I don't think it's fair at all! Being an Elf I can't kill rats or rabbits!!
    What can men do against such reckless hate?

Troll slayer of Meneldor.

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    Pretty sure there is a lag deed.... but I keep maxing out the number of times I can advance in a day
    I see what you did there.