We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Greetings from an old player

Mae govannen. I am Riagan of Bree-Land, who for the last 7 years has resided in a quiet home in the Shire. I am a lore-master of old, who has periodically watched the world of Middle-Earth's changing and growth. I am perhaps briefly, perhaps not so briefly, deciding to spend some time out of retirement for a bit and reacquainting myself with Middle-Earth.

I started playing early in the game, back when it was new with Shadows of Angmar, when the level cap was 50. Of course, when I got to level 47 or so I decided to slow down and enjoy exploration more than levelling, and I never did get to the cap. I was an active member of the Bad Company Kinship when it was still a force to be reckoned with, and I do not recall what became of them. After many months, I suspended my subscription to save money, so I retired before either my main character or my alt could reach the cap.

When Mines of Moria came out, I bought the collector's edition of the game with Mines of Moria, but due to a support issue I ended up created a second account, which let me start the game over in a different way. I was known as Ozzigar the Metal Minstrel, which I thought was funny at the time. I joined Alliance for Valour, and was active for a month or two, when again I turned off the subscription.

Since the game went Free To Play, I periodically stop in with both accounts to check on things, explore a bit, and of course keep my homes maintained. I'm rather fond of my Shire house, and my deluxe Bree-Land house. Back in December or so, I briefly returned as a VIP just on a trial basis, but I didn't want to devote much time to the game, so it wasn't worth it at the time.

So now I'm a bit overwhelmed by the changes, and having to relearn my character again is tricky. But mostly I just want to keep exploring and working on my crafting, and getting to see what's new in Middle-Earth. Not too interested in leveling, since I haven't needed to in over 5 years anyway, more interesting in just enjoying the game. But I have epic memories of the battles and raids with both my kin and other fellowships, and all the fun I had before, enough to make me consider making a new alt. You might run into me exploring areas for artifacts or hides, or just doing random heals and buffs on the needy, as I have been known to do. I tend to spend a lot of time in Bree and Rivendell more than anywhere else aside from my home in the Shire.

I might or might not be looking for a kinship in the future (I've always thought about starting my own, as well, but never have). But I thought I might as well reintroduce myself to LOTRO and Brandywine, and hopefully will see some of you in Middle-Earth.

Welcome back!
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior