We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stop Virtues from opening the LOTRO Store.

Every time I click on a Virtue it opens the LOTRO store. This is one of the most annoying things currently in game for me.

At least give me an option to not have this happen. Usually when I click on virtues, I'm clicking on several different ones as I try to pick one to work on. Which pops the store open again and again.
    Ararax

Re: Stop Virtues from opening the LOTRO Store.

This does not happen to me, odd.

I think there is a setting that allows you to turn of store hot linking. Sorry I am at work, so I can't give you the exact setting.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000021e5a0/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree - happens to me all the time. Actually, I wish the old functionality would return - click on the virtue and it opens the deed log to a deed that affects that virtue.

I already know how to get to the store should I choose to do so - yet another reminder doesn't benefit me. However, showing me the associated deed was beneficial to me - I miss that.

Options -> UI Settings : WebStore : Enable LOTRO Store purchase feedback [untick]

Quote Originally Posted by Passerby View Post
    Options -> UI Settings : WebStore : Enable LOTRO Store purchase feedback [untick]
    +1 for you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000021e5a0/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

!!!!

I had no idea there was such a setting!! Thank you for this! I will untick this at my earliest convenience! + Rep to you - and Ale_Barrel too.

You are the man!

+ Rep!

Your probably going to have a full rep bar by days end...
    Ararax

I got different results than those described above. From what I can tell, the UI setting in question has no impact on what happens when I click the icons in the Virtues tab of the Traits panel.

I also observed a number of differences in how the Virtues tab works now versus how I remember it working (and fully acknowledge that my memory may be faulty). When the game switched to F2P the Virtues tab of the Traits panel changed. For me, at least, it stopped opening the Deed Log and instead opened the Store interface. At that point I learned to stop clicking those icons though I missed the information it used to provide. But I still look at the Virtues tab from time to time as it bears important information. Tonight I noticed several things have changed about the way the tab works in general, though I have no idea exactly when it was changed.

1. I don't recall the Virtue icon changing to a Turbine Store Coin Logo before. Now, when you mouse over an icon on the Virtues tab, it changes to the coin. This is true in all cases excepting Virtues at rank 14. Those icons remain unchanged on mouse-over. However, clicking them opens the Store interface, none the less.

2. I think the Deed Started Ring indicator is broken. I'm referring to the little ring icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of some Virtue icons. It's there to let you know if your character has a deed under way that would improve that particular Virtue. I appears to work normally except that Virtues above rank 9 do not show a ring indicator even if there is an active deed that would improve that Virtue.

3. Clicking on a Virtue now opens both the Store interface and the Deed Log (to an appropriate deed). The Deed Log opens under the Store Interface window. I'm happy to have the Deed Log back but I know I've never seen it open both windows before tonight.

However...

Quote Originally Posted by ararax2 View Post
    Every time I click on a Virtue it opens the LOTRO store. [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ale_Barrel View Post
    This does not happen to me, odd. [...]
    Ale_Barrel, can you confirm that the Store Interface does not open when you click on a Virtue in the Virtue Tab of the Traits Panel? I don't doubt you, I would just like you to confirm it because mine definitely does open the Store Interface. Both behaviors can't be right unless there's some way us users can affect it. And...

This had no effect for me. I unchecked the check box but the Store Interface still opens when I click a Virtue Icon. I even shut the game down and restarted it. I did everything I could to make it work - I really wanted it to work.

I also scanned over the various settings on the Options Panel. I didn't find anything that looked like it would prevent the Store Interface from opening when I click on a Virtue Icon, though I will readily admit I could have missed it.

So, my questions are: Is there a different setting in Options I can change for this? And if not, which of our games isn't behaving properly?

Confirm that this does not work for me either.

The really annoying thing is that for virtues over rank 14, the store tells me they don't have anything for me to buy, but for virtues with out an active deed, the deed log will not open...
    Ararax

I will check tonight to confirm. Just a bit more info for me, from you; are you clicking on the locked virtue slots? If so then yes I get the store as well.

Edit: In reference to later posts; thanks for clarifying, I was not thinking about that screen. I will however check it.
    Last edited by Ale_Barrel; Mar 27 2012 at 10:33 AM.

This screen.
    Ararax

Confirm that this does not work for me either.

The really annoying thing is that for virtues over rank 14, the store tells me they don't have anything for me to buy, but for virtues with out an active deed, the deed log will not open...
    I'm getting the same results as you. But you're saying that the Deed Log is opening for you now though, yes? If it is, that's an improvement, at least. Also, If I recall correctly, you've described how it used to work prior to F2P. If you didn't have an active deed going, it doesn't have anything to show you in the Deed Log and thus won't open. It won't show you deeds you haven't started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_Barrel View Post
    I will check tonight to confirm. Just a bit more info for me, from you; are you clicking on the locked virtue slots? If so then yes I get the store as well.
    Locked Virtue Slots? Now I'm wondering if we're all talking about the same thing.

I've been referring to the Virtues Tab of the Traits Panel where all the virtues are arranged in a large oval pattern. However, you mentioning locked Virtues makes me wonder if you're not talking about the Equipped Traits tab in that same panel - the one that shows you all equipped traits like Virtues, Legendaries, Class and Race traits. You will sometimes see locked slots on the Equipped Traits tab (depending on level and points spent) but I don't think you'll ever see a lock on the Virtues Tab. So, what do you think - are we talking about the same thing?

With that said, I'm wondering if I misinterpreted what Ararax2 initially said. I assumed Ararax2 was referring to the Virtues Tab as I had had a similar experience with it - always opens the Store Interface. But I could have easily been wrong. So, Ararax2, were you talking about the Virtues tab or the Equipped Traits tab?

To answer your question, Ale_Barrel, any icon I click in the Virtues Tab opens the Store Interface. I have no idea about locked Trait slots. I'll have to load up a lower level character when I get home and check what happens. I would expect results similar to those you describe.

AFAIK this option only affects the "thanks for purchase" dialog box.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALify View Post
    I'm getting the same results as you. But you're saying that the Deed Log is opening for you now though, yes? If it is, that's an improvement, at least. Also, If I recall correctly, you've described how it used to work prior to F2P. If you didn't have an active deed going, it doesn't have anything to show you in the Deed Log and thus won't open. It won't show you deeds you haven't started yet.
    Deed log always opened for me, just the store window always covered it.
    Locked Virtue Slots? Now I'm wondering if we're all talking about the same thing.

I've been referring to the Virtues Tab of the Traits Panel where all the virtues are arranged in a large oval pattern. However, you mentioning locked Virtues makes me wonder if you're not talking about the Equipped Traits tab in that same panel - the one that shows you all equipped traits like Virtues, Legendaries, Class and Race traits. You will sometimes see locked slots on the Equipped Traits tab (depending on level and points spent) but I don't think you'll ever see a lock on the Virtues Tab. So, what do you think - are we talking about the same thing?

With that said, I'm wondering if I misinterpreted what Ararax2 initially said. I assumed Ararax2 was referring to the Virtues Tab as I had had a similar experience with it - always opens the Store Interface. But I could have easily been wrong. So, Ararax2, were you talking about the Virtues tab or the Equipped Traits tab?
    I am speaking of the virtues tab as in the posted screenshot
    Ararax

Deed log always opened for me, just the store window always covered it.
    Huh, that's odd. I'm fairly certain the Deed Log never opened for me, only the store window. I felt pretty confident about this because my wife commented to me as I was thinking exactly the same thing: "It opens both windows now?". I hadn't noticed it before, neither had she. I assumed it was new. I admit fallibility.

I am speaking of the virtues tab as in the posted screenshot
    Sorry, I missed your post with the screen shot. But yeah, that's the one I thought you were talking about. I'm pretty confident Ale_Barrel is referring to the Equipped Traits tab.

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALify View Post
    Ale_Barrel, can you confirm that the Store Interface does not open when you click on a Virtue in the Virtue Tab of the Traits Panel? I don't doubt you, I would just like you to confirm it because mine definitely does open the Store Interface. Both behaviors can't be right unless there's some way us users can affect it.
    OK, I was using the window open while at the Bard; when I used the Virtue screen shown above, I too went to the store. I guess I never really use that screen. I agree that it is quite annoying to have the store pop up like that.

I'm having this problem as well. Any fix?

Its not a problem, its a functionality. The price we pay for, well, not paying a price.....the game is F2P, you're not required to pay a monthly sub, so you have to accept the occasional (more than occasional, in some people's minds) advertisement for the Store. Even if you are VIP, your monthly rate is subsidized in part by Store purchases, so you still have to deal with it, as fair or unfair as that may be...

Clicking on a Virtue in your Virtue panel will always open your Deed log behind the Store window if you have an active deed that grants the Virtue in question.

If you just hit Esc to close the store window, you'll close the Deed Log too, perhaps before you realize that its open.
    Droid's Combo-button Mastery for Wardens (AHK script): [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?440148-Droid-s-Combo-button-Mastery[/url]

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    /signed, and while you're on it, get rid off adds on the internet, radio, press and TV.

sarcasm off, they want you to waste your TP, so you will buy more, they won't destroy their own commercial.
    unfortunatelly :/
    fire rk is just hunt clone without evade, ports and lower mits, or LM clone without CC, pets and 1 less gear slot.
    thx for destroying yellow line and the entire class with it

Hmm. That seems like a very strange place to put Store popups... I rarely even look at that screen, and probably wouldn't have noticed them there for months. Hard to believe they get much revenue off of popping up the Store on the Virtues tab, but maybe I'm wrong.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Its not a problem, its a functionality. The price we pay for, well, not paying a price.....the game is F2P, you're not required to pay a monthly sub, so you have to accept the occasional (more than occasional, in some people's minds) advertisement for the Store.
    Ohhhhhh.

I wonder if that's what's happening? That this annoying popup happens only on F2P accounts? I'm a lifetimer and I've never seen it.

Players who've posted that you get this annoying popup: are you all F2P?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Its not a problem, its a functionality. The price we pay for, well, not paying a price.....the game is F2P, you're not required to pay a monthly sub, so you have to accept the occasional (more than occasional, in some people's minds) advertisement for the Store. Even if you are VIP, your monthly rate is subsidized in part by Store purchases, so you still have to deal with it, as fair or unfair as that may be...
    Except that we still pay the same price per month that we did prior to F2P for the same amount of content. The least they could do would be to remove some of the more egregious placements, like this one and the one for opening up extra LI slots.

There's already precious little incentive to stay subbed, it would be nice if part of our reward for consistent, loyal forking over of money was a reprieve from at least *some* of the Turbine Store ad bombardment.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Ohhhhhh.

I wonder if that's what's happening? That this annoying popup happens only on F2P accounts? I'm a lifetimer and I've never seen it.

It happens to everyone, sadly.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I'm not FTP anymore, decided to sub for a month. Also, it's not just popping up over the trait window, I really cant select/change traits. I can even leave the store window open behind the traits window, all that happens when I click a virtue is the store refreshes, I'm not able to actually select a virtue.

/signed

Ads are one thing, but don't make them interfere with gameplay like this. If you want a Store ad button on that page (which it really doesn't need, but whatever), make it a single separate button that just goes to the Store to show where we can buy virtues if we don't want to bother earning them. Keep the individual virtue buttons usable for what to do in the game itself — i.e. showing us what deed to work on.

We don't need the Store to tell us specifically that to raise our Loyalty virtue we can buy the Loyalty virtue. So long as we know we can buy virtues, all those sort of specifics are too obvious to justify twenty separate Store buttons, one for each of them. On the other hand, telling us that if we want to raise our Loyalty virtue we should complete the Of Glories Long Past questing deed in the North Downs is useful information.