We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

quest log export

Something which I would love to see... and I can't see it being too much of an issue to implement.

I would like to see a LUA script... or even easier, an in-game option, which prints the characters quest log to a file. Print out all completed and current quests. It doesn't matter how ugly it is... just something which could be sent to a parser.

I guess having the equivalent function available in lorebook would be just as good, or better.. if character quest logs were updated consistently.

I am trying to bring a group of friends into the game... with twice weekly game time. Having some way to coordinate quest completions would be great.

I was thinking quest log export would have been in the LUA API,,, not that I can see.

Has anyone cracked this nut,,, or does it just go on the "wishlist?"

Re: quest log export

wishlist.

Quest info is not exposed to Lua at this time

oh well... would have been nice.

Thanks for the reply. Rate up.

You are not alone.
    Printing the Quest Log in ANY FORM is something a number of us have been longing-for for ages now!

If you want information about the various quests, you can always go visit www.lotro-wiki.com, they have information on virtually every quest in the game.

If you select "Regional Quests" in the lower left hand corner of the home page, you can pick a list sorted by Region.

Since it is a WIKI, it is a "work-in-progress" and is always open and looking for new contributors.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Almost forgot... While it does not have quest information, you can retrieve your "Character Sheet" from "data.lotro.com"

You get an XML page back with your toon's stats on it.

The documentation pointer at the top of the data.lotro.com page is wrong. The actual documentation is here:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Data....om_Usage_Guide

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

Oh, how I wish quest info (completed/in progress) would be accessible via LUA. Considering that Lorebook is virtually dead (it doesn't have even Isengard quests there, let alone Great River quests), there is no website that has ALL quests LOTRO currently have. Yes, Lotro-Wiki is quite good, but not even nearly complete.

I used to copy-paste quests from Lorebook to character-specific Excel sheets for my personal to-do list (with 9 characters that's almost mandatory for me), but as that is not possible anymore, my interest in playing LOTRO died slowly but steadily after Great River update, and before that I was playing almost daily since launch 2007. I know if I could have updated questlist for my characters, I would be playing LOTRO again.

So whoever is in charge of LUA or Lorebook: please, PLEASE let the playerbase have access to quest information, as I really cannot see what is the harm there, as it's read-only and for personal use only. If/since you don't update Lorebook anymore for whatever reason, at least let us gain access to quest info via LUA!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    Oh, how I wish quest info (completed/in progress) would be accessible via LUA. Considering that Lorebook is virtually dead (it doesn't have even Isengard quests there, let alone Great River quests), there is no website that has ALL quests LOTRO currently have. Yes, Lotro-Wiki is quite good, but not even nearly complete.
    One thing which you can do, although it is time-consuming and only provides "Completed Quest (deed, task, level) information", not in-progress.

If you go to my.lotro.com and create a character sheet one of the widgets you can add is "Character Log."

This appears to be "more informative" as of "recently." I can't define "recently." It appears that it might be as of Update 7 in May, but I can't really tell. And it might really be "again," not just recently.

At any rate, there are two kinds of entries -- the dumb ones -- "has completed a quest" -- and the more informative ones, "Has completed Quest: Xyzzy" and the date.

It is possible to "cut and paste" this information. I suppose it would be possible to "scrape" the page, but the html is both verbose and limited. The information is all acquired via the Widget's Javascript in real-time and I don't know its source. In any event, it is not (currently at least) available as part of the data.lotro.com API.

However, the interesting thing is that Turbine does maintain the information "someplace." It is just not exposed to "us."

BTW, I haven't looked at the data extensively, but it looks like it may only extend back 2 years (2011 and 2012).

Also LOTRO-wiki is 98+% complete for ROI and Great River Quests and Deeds, not including Instances or Instance Deeds. And these are all "mapped" in sequence -- especially Dunland!

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

There is an Open Office spreadsheet published by Whiteberry on LotROInterface.com. You have to maintain the data manually. I haven't actually tried it but it seems like a possible manual solution.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...stTracker.html

There is also a rumour that AltInventory may have quest/deed panels Soon with automatic chat capture updates as well as manual updates. But that's just a rumour...

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    One thing which you can do, although it is time-consuming and only provides "Completed Quest (deed, task, level) information", not in-progress.

If you go to my.lotro.com and create a character sheet one of the widgets you can add is "Character Log."

This appears to be "more informative" as of "recently." I can't define "recently." It appears that it might be as of Update 7 in May, but I can't really tell. And it might really be "again," not just recently.

At any rate, there are two kinds of entries -- the dumb ones -- "has completed a quest" -- and the more informative ones, "Has completed Quest: Xyzzy" and the date.

It is possible to "cut and paste" this information. I suppose it would be possible to "scrape" the page, but the html is both verbose and limited. The information is all acquired via the Widget's Javascript in real-time and I don't know its source. In any event, it is not (currently at least) available as part of the data.lotro.com API.

However, the interesting thing is that Turbine does maintain the information "someplace." It is just not exposed to "us."

BTW, I haven't looked at the data extensively, but it looks like it may only extend back 2 years (2011 and 2012).

Also LOTRO-wiki is 98+% complete for ROI and Great River Quests and Deeds, not including Instances or Instance Deeds. And these are all "mapped" in sequence -- especially Dunland!
    For some reason that widget doesn't seem to work right for me, it shows log of one character only and I cannot change which one it shows, log goes full one year back, and most of the quests (seems like every ROI and Great River quest) shows just that "has completed a quest", so that doesn't help much :/

I guess I have to rely on LOTRO-Wiki with those Great River quests - I can always fill in the missing quests if it's 98% complete as you say. That's good enough. And good for me that I managed to copy ROI quests from Lorebook to Excel before they disappeared from Lorebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Garan
    There is also a rumour that AltInventory may have quest/deed panels Soon with automatic chat capture updates as well as manual updates. But that's just a rumour...
    It's shame that LOTRO fanbase has to do chat capturing, it would be so much easier if Turbine just let us read quest log with LUA... And chat capturing means that naturally you have to fill manually all those quests you have already completed before. But anyway, I don't know why I have missed your AltInventory plugin until today, because I tried it today and for someone who has 9 lvl 75 characters like me, that is just EXCELLENT plugin! I guess I can split my LOTRO timeline in two now: The time before I discovered AltInventory, and the time AFTER I discovered AltInventory!

For some reason that widget doesn't seem to work right for me, it shows log of one character only and I cannot change which one it shows, log goes full one year back, and most of the quests (seems like every ROI and Great River quest) shows just that "has completed a quest", so that doesn't help much :/
    The widget business is a bit confusing -- First you need Java enabled, then you need to have one set of widgets for each character:
    Character Sheet and Character Log Are the two main ones. You can have multiple copies of each widget (I have 10, one for each character). You can drag their positioning around.

For both Widgets, in the upper right corner is a "key" icon which allows one to "edit widget settings". Clicking on that key brings up a pop-up menu of character names. You select the one you want and click "update"." That list "should" show you all of your characters, on all servers. "Theoretically" if you play the lottery, and you see lotteries available for all your toons, they they should show up in that pop-up list.

One thing which is true about data.lotro.com and the my.lotro.com -- the data presented is only there for ACTIVE toons. Define active? I don't know for certain, but that is one reason I try to log-in each toon for at least 5 minutes once every two weeks. And yes, aside from the Epic quests, Dunland quests and tasks, "completed a quest" seems to be the norm.

And, for what it's worth -- It wouldn't surprise me to discover that European accounts "don't work right." It is pretty well known that Turbine does NOT have that database integrated with the North American one -- "yet." i.e. "soon(tm).

I guess I have to rely on LOTRO-Wiki with those Great River quests - I can always fill in the missing quests if it's 98% complete as you say. That's good enough. And good for me that I managed to copy ROI quests from Lorebook to Excel before they disappeared from Lorebook
    At this time, I'm not aware of any quests missing from The Great River or RoI material on Lotro-Wiki.

Instances are a different story. They are not particularly popular with the folks who edit the Wiki, so there is very little discussion about them. All of the information on Lotro-Wiki is acquired from first-hand, in-game play. Which is also why the Wiki "lags" behind with information -- people have to discover it in-game first, then take the time to add it to the Wiki!

If you know of specific quests that are missing, please let us know, so that we can see about filling in the holes.
    (Note that the Moria Update is still "confused.")

Lotro-Wiki does not really have a "list of all quests" in a given region. I've argued for such a listing, but there is not a general feeling that it is needed. If you go to a particular quest there are two thing to look for:
    1- At the top -- may be a box "Quest Chain" -- if the quest is "specifically" part of a chain (meaning you must do A before B )
    This is most true for the Epic quests.

2- At the bottom of the page will be a list of "Categories" to which that particular quest relates. Typically, there will be something like:

"Quests: Level 67"; "Solo Quests"; "Vol. III. Book 4 Quests"; "The Grey Company Reputation Quests";
    "Item Advancement Experience Quests"; "Echad Naeglanc Quests"

Each of those Categories is "self-explantory" Click on it. The entry exposed contains entries pointing to each of the quests related to that same topic.

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

The widget business is a bit confusing -- First you need Java enabled, then you need to have one set of widgets for each character:
    Character Sheet and Character Log Are the two main ones. You can have multiple copies of each widget (I have 10, one for each character). You can drag their positioning around.

For both Widgets, in the upper right corner is a "key" icon which allows one to "edit widget settings". Clicking on that key brings up a pop-up menu of character names. You select the one you want and click "update"." That list "should" show you all of your characters, on all servers. "Theoretically" if you play the lottery, and you see lotteries available for all your toons, they they should show up in that pop-up list.

One thing which is true about data.lotro.com and the my.lotro.com -- the data presented is only there for ACTIVE toons. Define active? I don't know for certain, but that is one reason I try to log-in each toon for at least 5 minutes once every two weeks. And yes, aside from the Epic quests, Dunland quests and tasks, "completed a quest" seems to be the norm.

And, for what it's worth -- It wouldn't surprise me to discover that European accounts "don't work right." It is pretty well known that Turbine does NOT have that database integrated with the North American one -- "yet." i.e. "soon(tm).
    I have chosen the widgets I use some time ago and my characters are "active" as I switch thru them quite often, one could say "all the time" But I didn't notice those widget settings on quest log where you could change the character (for some reason one day it just showed one character, and next day it showed me another character lol), so thank you for that tip!

At this time, I'm not aware of any quests missing from The Great River or RoI material on Lotro-Wiki.

Instances are a different story. They are not particularly popular with the folks who edit the Wiki, so there is very little discussion about them. All of the information on Lotro-Wiki is acquired from first-hand, in-game play. Which is also why the Wiki "lags" behind with information -- people have to discover it in-game first, then take the time to add it to the Wiki!

If you know of specific quests that are missing, please let us know, so that we can see about filling in the holes.
    (Note that the Moria Update is still "confused.")

Lotro-Wiki does not really have a "list of all quests" in a given region. I've argued for such a listing, but there is not a general feeling that it is needed. If you go to a particular quest there are two thing to look for:
    1- At the top -- may be a box "Quest Chain" -- if the quest is "specifically" part of a chain (meaning you must do A before B )
    This is most true for the Epic quests.

2- At the bottom of the page will be a list of "Categories" to which that particular quest relates. Typically, there will be something like:

"Quests: Level 67"; "Solo Quests"; "Vol. III. Book 4 Quests"; "The Grey Company Reputation Quests";
    "Item Advancement Experience Quests"; "Echad Naeglanc Quests"

Each of those Categories is "self-explantory" Click on it. The entry exposed contains entries pointing to each of the quests related to that same topic.
    I know how to navigate thru wiki, but this info could be good for someone else reading this thread so thanks for that. Anyway, I did check all Great River quests and sorted them out on Excel and checked that list through my characters, and seems like you were right, I can confirm it's 98% accurate (or so) what it comes to Great River. I don't do instances so I don't know about those, but there was few missing quests, unfortunately I didn't marked them but only added them to my Excel and then I sorted it alphabetically so I am not sure which ones I added... However I remember most of them were in Rushgore, but as it says in Wiki, that part is "incomplete".

I checked my Excel vs Wiki and seems like these quests are missing from Wiki:

Answering The Summons
    Call of Honour
    Constables and Robbers
    Constables and Robbers: Bounty

Actually, some of them are on Category page but not on that one page that lists all Rushgore quests.

Then some of the quests in Wiki are placed under different "region" than they are in game. With Rushgore, this kind of quest is
    "The Khundolar", which is under Rushgore in Wiki, but under Brown Lands if you look your quest log in-game. But I guess that's made this way intentionally because you get the quest from Rushgore, and turn it in at Brown Lands.