We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

quest log export

Something which I would love to see... and I can't see it being too much of an issue to implement.

I would like to see a LUA script... or even easier, an in-game option, which prints the characters quest log to a file. Print out all completed and current quests. It doesn't matter how ugly it is... just something which could be sent to a parser.

I guess having the equivalent function available in lorebook would be just as good, or better.. if character quest logs were updated consistently.

I am trying to bring a group of friends into the game... with twice weekly game time. Having some way to coordinate quest completions would be great.

I was thinking quest log export would have been in the LUA API,,, not that I can see.

Has anyone cracked this nut,,, or does it just go on the "wishlist?"

Re: quest log export

wishlist.

Quest info is not exposed to Lua at this time

oh well... would have been nice.

Thanks for the reply. Rate up.

You are not alone.
    Printing the Quest Log in ANY FORM is something a number of us have been longing-for for ages now!

If you want information about the various quests, you can always go visit www.lotro-wiki.com, they have information on virtually every quest in the game.

If you select "Regional Quests" in the lower left hand corner of the home page, you can pick a list sorted by Region.

Since it is a WIKI, it is a "work-in-progress" and is always open and looking for new contributors.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Almost forgot... While it does not have quest information, you can retrieve your "Character Sheet" from "data.lotro.com"

You get an XML page back with your toon's stats on it.

The documentation pointer at the top of the data.lotro.com page is wrong. The actual documentation is here:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Data....om_Usage_Guide
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Oh, how I wish quest info (completed/in progress) would be accessible via LUA. Considering that Lorebook is virtually dead (it doesn't have even Isengard quests there, let alone Great River quests), there is no website that has ALL quests LOTRO currently have. Yes, Lotro-Wiki is quite good, but not even nearly complete.

I used to copy-paste quests from Lorebook to character-specific Excel sheets for my personal to-do list (with 9 characters that's almost mandatory for me), but as that is not possible anymore, my interest in playing LOTRO died slowly but steadily after Great River update, and before that I was playing almost daily since launch 2007. I know if I could have updated questlist for my characters, I would be playing LOTRO again.

So whoever is in charge of LUA or Lorebook: please, PLEASE let the playerbase have access to quest information, as I really cannot see what is the harm there, as it's read-only and for personal use only. If/since you don't update Lorebook anymore for whatever reason, at least let us gain access to quest info via LUA!