We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Easy track of reactive abilities or blocks/parry/evade?

Hello. I am playing a Guardian and I have keybinds instead of clicking my abilties. The problem is that I don't want to always stare at my quickslot bars but to actually watch the environment. I can memorize each of my spells but when it comes to abilities that activate after a specific event, like block/parry/evade, is a problem as I must always keep an eye for them in the quickslots

In other games there was addons that allow you to track those events and put the whenever you want in your screen. Those familiar with world of warcraft may know the addon "Power Auras". Also in Aion there is a built in UI element that show you this.

Is there any addon for this purpose?or anyway I can do it through the build-in UI?I try to find something like floating combat text and enable to show me the evade/block/parry. So among with the damage taken numbers in the head of my character to also show me blocks/evades/parries.

I tried an addon with name "alerts" but either it doesn't have the option or I couldn't manage how to do it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Re: Easy track of reactive abilities or blocks/parry/evade?

There are options for both a sound effect and a symbol popping up on screen when you parry or block.

I see only one option that say "a special effect will be played whenever a responsive skill is available for use" I suppose this is for the sound that I still cannot understand, but I guess I will get used to by playing more.Although I cannot find the option for the symbol you mention and by ctrl+\ I cannot find a UI element that represent that symbol you mentioned Can you please guide me through options to activate this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    There are options for both a sound effect and a symbol popping up on screen when you parry or block.
    I never noticed a way to turn this off, so it would be "on" by default.
    Also, if you use the return power traits, you'll get a blue glow on all
    reactions and get around that problem some of our collegues seem to have.

The sounds played on a reaction are different on both reactions,
    so if you learn to differentiate, you won't have to look for which reactions
    are available at that time...

So if I google it correctly :P the "return power traits" is a class trait that everytime I deflect an attack or parry it gives me power. But this effect (power gain) makes my character glow blue for a moment and by this I can understand that I have parried. Thats good to know..but still Nakiami said about a symbol popping up on screen when you parry or block, how do I enable this?

Here's some patterns you can use to set up alerter:

Code:
    on Rigatoni but he <rgb=#FF4500>blocked</rgb> the attempt
    scored a partially blocked hit
    on Rigatoni but he <rgb=#C71585>parried</rgb> the attempt
    scored a partially parried hit
    on Rigatoni but he <rgb=#DAA520>evaded</rgb> the attempt
    scored a partially evaded hit
    And sample image:
    Last edited by Rainyman; Mar 24 2012 at 08:01 AM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Umm.. there used to be icons that popped up when you parry or block. The parry one was a set of green crossed swords. Now they mostly don't show. Parry was a set of green crossed swords and block was a blue shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    Here's some patterns you can use to set up alerter:

Code:
    on Rigatoni but he <rgb=#FF4500>blocked</rgb> the attempt
    scored a partially blocked hit
    on Rigatoni but he <rgb=#C71585>parried</rgb> the attempt
    scored a partially parried hit
    on Rigatoni but he <rgb=#DAA520>evaded</rgb> the attempt
    scored a partially evaded hit
    And sample image:
    Thanks!I manage to do this with the Alerter addon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami
    Umm.. there used to be icons that popped up when you parry or block. The parry one was a set of green crossed swords. Now they mostly don't show. Parry was a set of green crossed swords and block was a blue shield.
    Yes this is true but it doesn't show when you parry. If I parry and then use Retaliation, it opens then a green crossed swords because retaliation open a chain of abilities. The same happens for block. When you use an ability that open from block, then it show the blue icon :P

I've actually just managed to do this sort of thing for my Hunter. The reactive commands will usually put up a buff on your character icon. Two options are you can mouse over the reactive icon under the portrait. The second option is in my opinion the most useful! If you've used addons, then go to http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=361 and download the BuffBars addon. It allows you to create a trigger, or for instance pop up a quick slot for a potion, or other consumable as well as a skill.

So, once BuffBars is loaded and you're ingame, the effects window will show you an icon with the reaction name. Create a trigger to pop up your reaction skill and it should pop up! Woo!

(I'm terrible at explaining this, and I think it's a newer feature of BuffBars, so check the guide on that link to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.)