We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I do anything besides heal

I think turbine should level the playing on the dps front, I think it about time. I hate the fact that i need to change spec everything i want to raid, Isn't it time LOTRO becomes a game were it bring the skill not the class.

Re: Can I do anything besides heal

If every class could do everything equally, why have different classes at all?

You chose a class CLEARLY noted as a healer.
    RoI changes made the mini one of the easiest classes to solo with, with survivability on par with the warden in any content that allows kiting.
    If you don't like healing? Play in the moors...

Could you perhaps get a position as DPS in a raid? Yes, I have run raids with 4 mini's, two of whom were DPS. That was between update 5 and 6, when the coda bug was fixed. What raid was that? A pug skirm raid.
    Now, what do you speak of "leveling the playing field on the DPS front"? You got passed over for a hunter? Perhaps a champ? Does said hunter/champ have the option of healer? Perhaps they are a buffer? No, they are straight DPS, with the option of hunter CC (if retraited) or champ offtanking (after re-gearing/re-traiting).

Every class has a primary role, with a secondary role (poor as they may be) and a very few classes even have a tertiary role when it comes to grouping. A mini has DPS as the tertiary role...

You have issues with needing to re-trait? Really? LOTRO is built around classes and class balance is important... Therefore, if you want to play a game where "bring the skill not the class" is the guiding principle, I highly recommend finding... another game.
    I cannot think of any group content in the game that can be completed without at least a minimum of some class specifics.
    Perhaps you prefer content so simple that ANY class mix will complete it?
    Good luck with that goal
    Having traits, traitlines, and multiple builds provides diversity, options, and playstyles that appeal to a wider variety of players.

If you want to DPS without retraiting? Play a hunter and refuse to join groups that need CC. Problem solved
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aea6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You're kidding right? Trying to get a rise out of people?

If you need to switch from a healing spec to dps spec to kill things then maybe you need a new class altogether like a hunter or champ and make yourself exclusively dps in those roles - no cc, no tanking. Might have more fun that way.

Personally I love my minnie whatever the setup - things run scared from her

I don't know how I feel about this. While I like the fact that classes are getting secondary roles, I think we should avoid the idea of a one size fits all class. I agree that a players skill should be important to the game, but you can still differentiate between roles, some people really do not want to fill certain roles. If you feel that strongly about both main healing and main DPS'ing in the same class then you only have one option, and that is Runekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Krevik View Post
    If every class could do everything equally, why have different classes at all?
    As to this, I don't know, assuming there are games out there where everyone can fill any role, I suppose it would come down to play-style. For instance, if every class in this game could do everything equally then some classes would be a bit redundant, but you could have splits, hunter if you want range, Champ if you want melee, lore master if you want pets, burg if you want stealth, the rest would just be minor variations on that I suppose. Though, if everyone can do everything, theoretically there could be just one class with one armour type and you could then differentiate your play-style from there, maybe
    [B][COLOR=#0000FF]Freeps[/COLOR]:Taredhelion(65,Guard) ; Starlily(50,Mini) ; Turmanarmo(32,RK) ; Rawlings(23,Burg) ; Drengi(29,Champ) ; More that will be leveled later[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by babyrah200 View Post
    I think turbine should level the playing on the dps front, I think it about time. I hate the fact that i need to change spec everything i want to raid, Isn't it time LOTRO becomes a game were it bring the skill not the class.
    "Bring the skill. not the class" is the sucky motto of al the lowbob-games like wow, ToR, Rift etc.
    Never ever ever bring that #### to lotro, please.

Quote Originally Posted by babyrah200 View Post
    Or, you could choose a class that isn't healing based! Bazingo!

Moving on...
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Obvious troll is obvious.

Do not feed the troll.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=3][I]"Goddess of song, teach me the story of a hero"[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001c9ba3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Frankly , I dont even retrait anymore, I stay in heal mode, unless Im grinding out a deed, then maybe Ill respec.

Minis dont even have it bad, we basically have two healing lines (a buffcentric , and outgoing vs 1 dps) So typically your in heal mode in blue 4/3 or yellow 4/3 or red 5/2 something else. I fail to see the issue here.

Go roll a Lore Master , then you will feel pain. No class has to retrait like a loremaster does.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000001f0d6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    75's: Mevelvith (HNT), Carfail (LM), Anglegas (CHN), Silverwinds (RK), Prada (Burg)
    SeaofStars(WD) Upnext: 12 CPT Lanmoir