We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Virtuous Minstrel

I aim to prioritise my Virtues in the following (rough) order:
    1. Tactical/Physical Mitigation
    2. Resistance
    3. Vitality
    4. Wisdom
    5. Fate

But I've been pondering Armour Class and I'm really not sure how useful it is to us.

So what would you recommend as the best Virtue stat order? Is Armour worthwhile? Please don't give names of the individual virtues I have to have, just the stats I should be looking to optimise.

Re: The Virtuous Minstrel

My take on virtues is that they are much for effective at rounding out holes in your build than trying to maximize your main stats, especially since most of the jewelry and armor in the game is already based around your main stats.

Most of the gear and jewelry that you will be getting will have loads of will, along with fate, morale and vitality (especially the great river gear). My theory on mini virtues is that its better to maximize the stats that are hard to get from jewelry and armor - its much easier to get +36 will than it is to get +486 tact mit, so where possible I prioritize mitigations.

As a mini, you will be taking much more tactical damage than physical damage, especially in Orthanc. I think you can prioritize tactical mitigation, with a much lower emphasis on phys mit. Similarly, armor is not that important, b/c it is 5 times more effective against common damage, which you won't see all that much of.

My order of priority would be:
    1) tact mit
    2) resistance
    3) Morale
    4) ICPR
    5) vitality

I wouldnt worry too much about fate, because fate mainly impacts crit and ICPR, and has diminishing returns on ICPR - most other stats increase linearly, but for fate, ICPR increases with the square root of fate. I like morale over vitality, because +36 vitality only gives you an extra 108 morale, versus a trait like zeal which gives +338 morale. As a mini in a raid, one of the biggest issues is avoiding getting one-shotted from spike damage.

You mentioned liking wisdom, which is ok, although you may want to consider the benefits relative to your overall build - +36 will isn't that much on top of a 1500+ will build, whereas +486 tact mit makes a big different relative to a base tact mit of 3000. Try to find areas where the virtues up a useful stat by +10% instead of 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by Megandir View Post
    1) tact mit
    2) resistance
    3) Morale
    signed - physical mitigation and armor class are not really useful in raid environment atm. Area effect damage is tactical most of the time and when you get physical damage it means that you've got a mobs personal attention which will kill you regardless in 95% of the cases.
    That being said I usually slot innocence since the package is too good to skip.

My order of priority would be:

Morale
    Vitality
    Tactical Mit
    Resistance
    Will

I reside in the moors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

Morale/Vit
    Will
    Tactical Mit.
    ICPR
    Armor

Keep in mind that the key to being a healer is your own sustainability/survivability; if you survive and the tank survives, 99% of the time your group will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Academy View Post
    Morale/Vit
    Will
    Tactical Mit.
    ICPR
    Armor

Keep in mind that the key to being a healer is your own sustainability/survivability; if you survive and the tank survives, 99% of the time your group will win.
    The point about virtues is, that they are lousy for base stats, average for raw morale/power and great about mitigations and resistance. So it is probably a good idea to focus on the strong points and get base stats and raw morale/power via other means.

While leveling, I would trait Wisdom and Idealism for the buffs to those stats. Once I managed to get 4 pieces of Draigoch armour, I dropped Wisdom and Idealism for mitigation virtues (physical mit for Draigoch, Tac Mit for Orthanc) as raw stats just weren't giving me that much anymore.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000c6ef0/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You can gets stats anywhere, but Raw MIT #'s and resistances are easily the best things about virtues.

The endgame has really had me spending money on switching out virtues for certain instances. Stacking a bunch of phys and tact mits, in the Roots of Fangorn, wouldn't make sense; trait resistances to the max! Where as Sarumon, you definitely want Tactical mitigations/vitality/resistance.

The best healers are the ones who stay alive.