We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by GaRbAgE_NuBB View Post
    Dumbest thing I've ever read about open pvp.
    Give me enough time and I think I can do better!


    Gratz BTW on your rank.
    Last edited by doug01; Apr 02 2012 at 09:03 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  2. #27

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by DreagonMK View Post
    Just wanted to throw this out there; Burk took off to the NPCs immediately. Not because Duck "managed to stay behind him". He didn't get off any good hits because he never tried to. He didn't even attempt a hamstring which, imo, is one of the first things that comes to mind when fighting a reaver.

    Fair point. I did rewatch it again. But at least from my experience in the moors, rare is the occasion that you run into a reaver running solo. Generally he has friends so if you get surprised by one, it's not surprising for most people to flee to safety to avoid being ganked.

    But really the point is moot because as I mentioned before, this wasn't an agreed upon duel. Burk had no obligation to fight "fair" or "honorably" or "bravely" which are all subjective terms. "Discretion is the better part of valor."

    To quote Patton, "No ####### ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ####### die for his country." So by the philosophy of arguably one the U.S.'s greatest generals, Burk did a damn good job.

    Just food for thought.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000037a00/01001/signature.png]Dlorik[/charsig]

  3. #28

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    Fair point. I did rewatch it again. But at least from my experience in the moors, rare is the occasion that you run into a reaver running solo. Generally he has friends so if you get surprised by one, it's not surprising for most people to flee to safety to avoid being ganked.

    But really the point is moot because as I mentioned before, this wasn't an agreed upon duel. Burk had no obligation to fight "fair" or "honorably" or "bravely" which are all subjective terms. "Discretion is the better part of valor."

    To quote Patton, "No ####### ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ####### die for his country." So by the philosophy of arguably one the U.S.'s greatest generals, Burk did a damn good job.

    Just food for thought.
    So I guess we won all our wars by sitting back in the U.S and watching the other country try to invade while we just sat back and watched them all die somehow? From my understanding hundreds of thousands of Americans Died to preserve our liberty, and they are still doing so today. Isn't America the Home of the Brave? Since when did bravery and honor become moot points? Is it not bravery and honor that makes our troops some of the best in the world? Not conforming to the same cowardly brutal tactics of those we fight against. True this is a game, but why is it okay to throw respect and "fair play" out the window just because we are not face to face, furthermore the fact that it is a game is even more reason for "fair play"? Burk is a player that no matter what will never stay for a fight, even if he is the one that is ambushing, he will use the turbine store and every CD he has and run away, every time. This is the sort of play that makes pvp not very fun, and why encourage this style of play? Lets all just sit in keeps all day waiting for the other side to attack us because thats the wise and smart way to battle. A coward hides and flees a fight with his tail between his legs, a true warrior will rise to any challenge you place before them.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Moors
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    Fair point. I did rewatch it again. But at least from my experience in the moors, rare is the occasion that you run into a reaver running solo. Generally he has friends so if you get surprised by one, it's not surprising for most people to flee to safety to avoid being ganked.

    But really the point is moot because as I mentioned before, this wasn't an agreed upon duel. Burk had no obligation to fight "fair" or "honorably" or "bravely" which are all subjective terms. "Discretion is the better part of valor."

    To quote Patton, "No ####### ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ####### die for his country." So by the philosophy of arguably one the U.S.'s greatest generals, Burk did a damn good job.

    Just food for thought.
    If everyone approached every fight in the moors with the mentality of "Oh, there's 1. Let's go the other way because there is probably more", then we'd all still be rank 0.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Auckland NZ
    Posts
    225

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    4,293

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurinDreadHelm View Post
    So I guess we won all our wars by sitting back in the U.S...
    Lets get one thing straight here- this is not a war, it's not real life, and to mix the two together as you have, frankly, kind of scares me. It's a game. People do things differently in a game than they would in real life. In real life I'm fighting to defend my family, friends, and country, and keep them safe. These are pixels, and if they "die"- so what? They are no where near the equivalent. Real life bravery has no bearing on what is brave in a game- at least not on the level that you've put it, in my opinion.

    As for fairness. Well, life isn't fair.


    Burk is a player that no matter what will never stay for a fight, even if he is the one that is ambushing, he will use the turbine store and every CD he has and run away, every time. This is the sort of play that makes pvp not very fun, and why encourage this style of play? Lets all just sit in keeps all day waiting for the other side to attack us because thats the wise and smart way to battle. A coward hides and flees a fight with his tail between his legs, a true warrior will rise to any challenge you place before them.
    A true warrior will also be willing to use every tool at their disposal in order to win. They'll use terrain, other soldiers, tactics and equipment in order to turn a fight to their advantage and come out the victor. You're wanting him to come out as Conan the Barbarian with one sword, no armor, no backups and no tactics, when he could come out as MacArthur with a squad of soldiers and tanks.

    I'm not defending Burk- I generally am not even on when he is, and when we have been I don't think I've ever grouped with him. But to not use tools that are available to you (such as npc's) when they are there, and when they could turn a fight from certain death into a chance to win isn't bravery. Bravery does you no good if you're dead (to use your own analogy). It turns a certain defeat into a chance to win.

    Let me get a bit narcissitic and turn from Burk to me. I know that I'm lame enough that if I get into a 1v1 vs any creep who knows what they're doing, I'm going to most likely come out on the losing end. Doesn't mean I won't try, but I fully expect to get creamed. Even then, I almost never have creeps come at me 1v1, it's still 3 or 4 v my one. Why? I don't know, when I'm not a hard target, but they do. So I stay near npc's or other, or within easy reach so when I do get ganked (as I know I will) I have something else to give me at least a little bit of a chance. I don't know if that's why Burk does what he does or not (frankly I don't care).

    But I've also been accused of being a coward because I didn't sit there and die, but instead tried to do something to give me a chance. Why, if there is a chance you can do something to win, wouldn't you? Bravery? Fairness? If you're called out for a 1v1 duel then sure. But ambushing someone isn't a 1v1 duel, it's a sudden struggle for survival where you do what you need to do to win.

    All that to say that I think that some of the "rules" and "conduct codes" that some of you are expecting everyone to play by in the moors is a bit on the silly side. It's a game, and I'm going to use every legal means available to me to try to win when I can (and die a whole heck of a lot along the way trying.)

    No animosity on my part, no ill feelings. I know some will likely target me now- whether because of my tactics or because I admit I suck (or both, ha!) but I hope not. I enjoy the fights, duels and action, and I don't begrudge creeps for using every skills at their disposal- even if it's 4 wargs pouncing one lame hunter. It goes both ways.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

  7. #32

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Lol you misunderstood me a bit, I am by no means trying to compare real life war to this game. I was more so disputing the quote by Patton, i don't really agree with it, and disputing the context in which it was used. Nor am i agreeing with op necessarily. If you read the end of my post it's what I'm actually trying to say, the point is if we all ran to npcs every single time we came across the opposing side pvp would not happen. To put it another way, creep A is roaming and bumps into Freep A, they both see each other and run for friendly npcs to gain the "advantage", since freep and creep npcs are in diff places they can't fight each other anymore, because they will be using every tactic to win which means sitting in npcs waiting for the other side to charge into you and your army. IMO can one really claim victory over another when they are not really the ones who defeated them, since in a case of using npcs to "win" one is not really putting in any legwork ( or perhaps that's all they are putting in since most of the time when people use "advantages" it means they run around in circles while someone else does the work aka the killing/defeating). Granted Duck should have known better to chase into the keep, but like i said in my other comment, Burk has proven that he will run from any situation even if he is the one that does the ambushing, ambush then run away when you start to lose, makes me giggle =).
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

  8. #33

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurinDreadHelm View Post
    So I guess we won all our wars by sitting back in the U.S and watching the other country try to invade while we just sat back and watched them all die somehow? From my understanding hundreds of thousands of Americans Died to preserve our liberty, and they are still doing so today. Isn't America the Home of the Brave? Since when did bravery and honor become moot points? Is it not bravery and honor that makes our troops some of the best in the world? Not conforming to the same cowardly brutal tactics of those we fight against. True this is a game, but why is it okay to throw respect and "fair play" out the window just because we are not face to face, furthermore the fact that it is a game is even more reason for "fair play"? Burk is a player that no matter what will never stay for a fight, even if he is the one that is ambushing, he will use the turbine store and every CD he has and run away, every time. This is the sort of play that makes pvp not very fun, and why encourage this style of play? Lets all just sit in keeps all day waiting for the other side to attack us because thats the wise and smart way to battle. A coward hides and flees a fight with his tail between his legs, a true warrior will rise to any challenge you place before them.
    This is an offensive twist of words. To say that I called US service men and women unbrave is absolutely disgusting.

    Furthermore there is nothing fair about an ambush so how is returning to allied npcs anymore of an unfair tactic.

    You say sure its not cool that he uses everything in his arsenal to stay alive and win well why wouldn't you? If you have a tool at your disposal why wouldn't you use it. So from now on everyone is no longer going to use brands or stun pots I guess. Oh and everyone is going to ignore audacity because for some of us that just ruins our fun. That is absolutely ridiculous.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000037a00/01001/signature.png]Dlorik[/charsig]

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    269

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    This is an offensive twist of words. To say that I called US service men and women unbrave is absolutely disgusting.

    Furthermore there is nothing fair about an ambush so how is returning to allied npcs anymore of an unfair tactic.

    You say sure its not cool that he uses everything in his arsenal to stay alive and win well why wouldn't you? If you have a tool at your disposal why wouldn't you use it. So from now on everyone is no longer going to use brands or stun pots I guess. Oh and everyone is going to ignore audacity because for some of us that just ruins our fun. That is absolutely ridiculous.
    before you go defending Burk how about learning about the class he plays and its abilitys, a well played champ would have won EASY in that situation if he acctually fought back instead of instantly hightailing it to npcs because he knew Duck would not stop trying to kill him despite the npcs, the dude is a TERRIBLE champ and the video just confirms it... you really think Duck was mad, I doubt it, id say he was more making fun of Burk and showing everyone how much he sucks at that class and if you would do the same thing then I feel sorry for you because you play a Guardian
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    4,293

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    before you go defending Burk how about learning about the class he plays and its abilitys, a well played champ would have won EASY in that situation if he acctually fought back instead of instantly hightailing it to npcs
    Wait wait wait wait, Burk is a champ??? For some reason I was thinking he's a cappy, but a champ? Now that's a totally different story then, with the bubbles and other skills. One on one like that it's kinda silly to be running away on a champ.

    Shoot, that's why when I'm out in the moors with my son, I'll hide my hunter behind his champ, and let him try to take my beating for me.

    (edit- yes, there was a complete disconnect from my first post in this thread and my most recent ones, including forgetting the video. Went back, watched it again, and figured that I'm just a doofus working to much and not knowing what's going on. I'll make myself available for a smackdown in the moors later today for you to make amends. hehe)
    Last edited by sirwillow; Apr 04 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    372

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by theanoyingdevil01 View Post
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Auckland NZ
    Posts
    225

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixbomber View Post

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    372

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by theanoyingdevil01 View Post
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    269

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    This is how real champs fight

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    372

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    This is how real champs fight

    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Auckland NZ
    Posts
    225

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixbomber View Post

  17. #42

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    During the absence of Game of Thrones, I discovered Spartacus. Now, while I still love the books (of R. R. Martin), I have to say the action of Spartacus, even with the loss of Whitfield, is spectacular. I still watch Game of Thrones, but I look forward to more Sparatcus far more anxiously.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001bb00c/signature.png]Heartwyrm[/charsig]

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload