We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1

    Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000014bd34/signature.png]Duckduck[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    keep it up burk, you are the reason turbine gives us new content. keep feeding them cash
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000a604d/signature.png]Zyk[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    249

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    sad, really... only time he dares to face the reaver is when he has 5-6 (maybe more) NPC's with him...
    it is disturbing how players like this give all the champs out there a bad reputation... there has to be at least one good champ on each server, but it is the noobs and easy moders that pull the attention.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    372

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,425

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Few points to make:

    1) Duckduck, you're one scary mofo.
    2) See #1
    3) Face-roll classes, dispite popular opinion, do require more than an actual face-roll to win.
    4) God-mode classes can and do die, quite often in fact. (think on that)

    ------------------------------------------------

    5) Post like these inspire rage which inturn inspires PvP.

    Good job!
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    29

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Duckduck for prez 2012
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000026030e/signature.png]Flearidden[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Auckland NZ
    Posts
    225

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Inside GV
    Posts
    316

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    [color=orange]Flimlin - Linsdor - Lutar - Togoras - Welki[/color]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wyoming USA
    Posts
    1,720

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Poor Ducky... I'm always happy to 1v1 you if it'll make you happy man.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    4,293

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Poor DuckDuck. If it's any consolation, I know the couple of times that I've ended up facing you one on one, it's ended up in one of two ways- me running away screaming like a little girls begging and crying for help, or standing there a taking a couple of shots at you while I know I'm going to die. Let's face it, you're scary out there. Mean enough that you've taken me and my son on his champ (Filibuster the dwarf) down a couple of times in 2v1's. Don't take that as an insult when we do that- it's a compliment because we can't get you on our own!

    (BTW, not speaking for Burk there, just ourselves)
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    359

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Alls I can say is dont trust him in raids in the moors.All I'm gonna say youve been warned
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b4a57/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

    [URL]http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/[/URL]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    178

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    With a name like Duckduck you'd think he was soft and cuddly...little do you know his wings are sharp blades that will send you to the rez circle faster then you can type help in ooc *thumps up* to Duckduck for always giving a good fight
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n1RSLD4.jpg[/IMG]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    269

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Champs on this server are garbage
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wyoming USA
    Posts
    1,720

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    Champs on this server are garbage
    Gunpowder and Cliebo.

    Your argument is invalid.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    no
    Posts
    375

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Champ clearly outplayed you.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    269

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    Gunpowder and Cliebo.

    Your argument is invalid.
    Clieb is goon on any toon he plays and thats only revision im making
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    235

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixbomber View Post
    Convulse, that is a whole new world of disGUSTING!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000009875d/signature.png]Dracolove[/charsig]

  18. #18

    Smile Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Hip Hip hooray
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000022bd46/signature.png]Zper[/charsig]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,425

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by GaRbAgE_NuBB View Post
    Not sure, is this any worse than you, in a 1v1, popping DR and heading for the horizon?

    Making a reaver rage run...muhahahahaha!
    Last edited by doug01; Mar 30 2012 at 01:09 PM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  20. #20

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    It looks to me from the video that you took Burk unawares so that already puts the fight in Duck's favor. For the next bit Duck managed to stay behind him so he didn't get off any good hits. This leaves him no logical option left but to flee into the npcs nearby. As far as I'm concerned he took the only logical tactical option left. Because you chose to chase him so far into TR you gave him the opportunity to turn a lucky survival into a kill.

    Duck may be upset that he didn't choose to 1v1, but it's open world pvp and I didn't see any agreement made that this would be an "Elitest of 1v1" contests. Rather this was a case of Duckduck attempting to get a quick kill by use of an ambush. Burkshire, who was caught unaware was brought to half health basically before he could get a single attack off, chose to flee the fight that he didn't choose to be in to start with. There is no shame in avoiding a fight you can't win. Burk in this situation was not in a position to win so he made the RIGHT decision in fleeing.

    Only fools think that it is "honorable" to die in a hopeless fight rather than flee when there is a chance of survival.

    So in conclusion, Duck did a great job at the start of his little ambush which forced Burk to flee if he wanted to survive which he dd. Duck then pursued too far giving Burk a kill on a silver platter. Burk didn't turn a 1v1 into a 1v20, Duck did.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000037a00/01001/signature.png]Dlorik[/charsig]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,425

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    I. There is no shame in avoiding a fight you can't win. Burk in this situation was not in a position to win so he made the RIGHT decision in fleeing.

    Only fools think that it is "honorable" to die in a hopeless fight rather than flee when there is a chance of survival.
    There's no need to tell Duck that there is no shame in fleeing when you have no chance of winning, even in a 1v1, hes knows that already. He even has special skill to facilitate his fleeing even if he going to die either way.
    Last edited by doug01; Mar 31 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: my last jab at a good Reaver :D
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  22. #22

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    It looks to me from the video that you took Burk unawares so that already puts the fight in Duck's favor. For the next bit Duck managed to stay behind him so he didn't get off any good hits. This leaves him no logical option left but to flee into the npcs nearby. As far as I'm concerned he took the only logical tactical option left. Because you chose to chase him so far into TR you gave him the opportunity to turn a lucky survival into a kill.

    Duck may be upset that he didn't choose to 1v1, but it's open world pvp and I didn't see any agreement made that this would be an "Elitest of 1v1" contests. Rather this was a case of Duckduck attempting to get a quick kill by use of an ambush. Burkshire, who was caught unaware was brought to half health basically before he could get a single attack off, chose to flee the fight that he didn't choose to be in to start with. There is no shame in avoiding a fight you can't win. Burk in this situation was not in a position to win so he made the RIGHT decision in fleeing.

    Only fools think that it is "honorable" to die in a hopeless fight rather than flee when there is a chance of survival.

    So in conclusion, Duck did a great job at the start of his little ambush which forced Burk to flee if he wanted to survive which he dd. Duck then pursued too far giving Burk a kill on a silver platter. Burk didn't turn a 1v1 into a 1v20, Duck did.
    Dumbest thing I've ever read about open pvp. If you cant fight someone who catches you from surprise, then good luck out there. And I'd let burk ambush me any day even with the turbine store in his pocket. And no I didn't turn this into a 1v20 I'm not the one that went running scared.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000014bd34/signature.png]Duckduck[/charsig]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    116

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by GaRbAgE_NuBB View Post
    Dumbest thing I've ever read about open pvp. If you cant fight someone who catches you from surprise, then good luck out there. And I'd let burk ambush me any day even with the turbine store in his pocket. And no I didn't turn this into a 1v20 I'm not the one that went running scared.

    Since when did you turn into a forum troll?
    TATER BANDITS
    Kelawyn / 85 Woman Captain (R8) ~ Lyndrie / 85 Hobbit Minstrel (R8)
    Solariela / 85 Elf Rune-keeper (R7) ~ Coraian / 85 Elf Hunter (R3)

  24. #24

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by GaRbAgE_NuBB View Post
    Dumbest thing I've ever read about open pvp.
    This is what I think when I look at the OP...

    Quote Originally Posted by GaRbAgE_NuBB View Post
    And no I didn't turn this into a 1v20 I'm not the one that went running scared.
    No, you the one that was dumb enough to chase Burk into a keep full of npcs...

    I fail to see how using npcs to your advantage in open world pvp is in anyway underhanded or cowardly in anyway. Raids fight back and forth taking shelter among friendly npcs if the enemy pushes hard. In this case it was one on one but the same idea applies. You pushed and he fell back to a safe location.

    Duck you got greedy and it proved your downfall so now you've come to the forums to QQ. Next time be smart enough not to commit suicide by npc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000037a00/01001/signature.png]Dlorik[/charsig]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Moors
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: Elitest 1v1......or is it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    For the next bit Duck managed to stay behind him so he didn't get off any good hits. This leaves him no logical option left but to flee into the npcs nearby.
    Just wanted to throw this out there; Burk took off to the NPCs immediately. Not because Duck "managed to stay behind him". He didn't get off any good hits because he never tried to. He didn't even attempt a hamstring which, imo, is one of the first things that comes to mind when fighting a reaver.

    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload