We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTROclient.exe has stopped working

Since the last update The Great River my LOTRO client.exe has stopped working about 3 - 4 times. What i would like to know is has it happened to anybody else ?, and if it has...is there anything i can do to stop it from happening again ?

Re: LOTROclient.exe has stopped working

it's been happening to me as well.... would love to hear a solution to this.

Talking Re: LOTROclient.exe has stopped working

I have had this problem myself. I managed to fix it though. It was quite simple. I found out that it was McAfee that stopped LOTROclient.exe from working. Here is the rough version of how I fixed it: Control Panel>Systems and Security>Windows Firewall>(should be on the left side of the open window) Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall> make sure lotroclient, Pando Media Booster, The Lord of the Rings Online, and Turbine Launcher are all checkmarked under Home/Work (Private). I'm not sure what the Public checkmark boxes mean, but I have all the above items checkmarked under Public too.

If this doesn't work go to support.turbine.com and look up your problem. They should have a step-by-step process that helps you restore it. Normally it's the Pando Media Booster that causes the problem. Good Luck!!! Hope to see you back on!

It happened to me too and I do not have McAfee.

I reinstalled LOTRO and went into the repair tab on the client loader and reset graphic settings to default. This worked for me.

Yes, that'll work too, but sometimes it won't solve the problem whether you have/had McAfee. Though the question is, who would use McAfee in the first place? I did 'cause my parents installed it. But then I got rid of that ####.

It only happens to me on my fiance's computer and even then it only does it when I exit out of the game. We both have the same firewall/antivirus, so I know that's not the issue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000020186f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

lotro needs to fix,

Quote Originally Posted by dust-finger View Post
    Since the last update The Great River my LOTRO client.exe has stopped working about 3 - 4 times. What i would like to know is has it happened to anybody else ?, and if it has...is there anything i can do to stop it from happening again ?
    all the time, it did NOT happen before the expansion. I am sorry but when all things added, the only thing that changed was the game... the problem is NOT with my computer. but i am getting really sick of getting kicked off the game every time i try to enter a door. im paying for this game, ( for now), but do not see myself feeling like paying in the future. unless they fix this by the time my payment runs out... you take the fun out of the game, you take the player / payer out of the game... something to think about before you have to start combining all your servers like wow because everyone quit over the same bull your doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
    I am sorry but when all things added, the only thing that changed was the game... the problem is NOT with my computer. but i am getting really sick of getting kicked off the game every time i try to enter a door....
    The cause is well known, it is Memory Leaks (it crashes more often on 32-bits OS because the Memory Manager cannot manage bugged programs like the one in 64-bits OS)
    I complain for months on various forums, I reported many times these crashes, no answer, nothing has been done.
    It is appalling.