We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tower Of Orthanc - Thelin 5 Set bonus no longer working.

Since yesterdays update the 5 set bonus ( inspire fellows reduces 3% of damage ) no longer adds to the inspire fellows skill and when cast does not show on tooltip.
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Re: Tower Of Orthanc - Thelin 5 Set bonus no longer working.

A slight modification to this:

Instead of the buff reducing incoming damage by 3%, it instead lets the -1% incoming damage buff stack - I guess the thinking is that the buff is 30 seconds long, and the cooldown on the skill is 10 seconds, so you can stack it up to 3 times if you continuously spam IF.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=pink]Kethina, Woman Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]80[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R5[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR] [COLOR=pink]Shiara, Elf Minstrel [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R9[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Alynne, Hobbit Huntress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]67[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Kylanna, Woman Loremistress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Defenders of the Mithril Halls[/COLOR] [COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]Landroval[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Landy: Avarice (R5 Warg), Squeak (R4 Defiler); Brandy: Amberjack (R4 Warg)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

They really changed it to that? Who spams that skill every time it is up? Costs way too much power, if that is the intentional 5 set bonus for that set then it's uselss imo. I'd rather run with two 3 sets.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000d02/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wow, I have to say, I never bothered, draigoch armour seemed the best for me, but for those of you who have, thats kind of a slap in the face.

I thought about splitting the 3/3 and going with power savings and increase SoS but decided it wasnt worth the negatation of the anthem bonus on the draigoch set.

SoS isnt more then a two person heal and while -3% was a really nice buff, stacking 3 percent isnt.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000001f0d6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    75's: Mevelvith (HNT), Carfail (LM), Anglegas (CHN), Silverwinds (RK), Prada (Burg)
    SeaofStars(WD) Upnext: 12 CPT Lanmoir

I'd LIKE to believe that this wasn't an intentional change, along with all of the other little fun things that mysteriously befell the minstrel this update. WTB Fixes, pst.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000076a07/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Doomsidoo - R5 defiler. DD
    Myfriend - R4 reaver. Ridder

Quote Originally Posted by Shiara View Post
    A slight modification to this:

Instead of the buff reducing incoming damage by 3%, it instead lets the -1% incoming damage buff stack - I guess the thinking is that the buff is 30 seconds long, and the cooldown on the skill is 10 seconds, so you can stack it up to 3 times if you continuously spam IF.
    I noticed this aswell last night, and I don't know why your IF is 10 seconds but mine is on a 5 second CD, but it takes another 5 seconds to use due to animation :/ It's silly really, if I knew this was the real way it was meant to be used I wouldn't of brought the set.

Sorry, that's what I meant, cause when I was testing and watching the buffs I could only put them on every 10 seconds apart due to the induction and animation after.

What takes the cake on top of that is that it's actually around 9 seconds instead of 10 - so by the time the 3rd IF is chained, the first two will be at like 19-21 and 10-12 seconds left. When the 4th is cast, the first 3 are at around 19-20, 10-11, and 1-2 seconds left. Guess what the fourth one does! Nothing, if the 1-2 seconds one (three IFs ago) hasn't expired yet. Just disappears into the void, doesn't refresh the earliest timer with a full 30s one.

So two seconds later you're down to 2 IF buffs left anyway. Yay coding.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=pink]Kethina, Woman Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]80[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R5[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR] [COLOR=pink]Shiara, Elf Minstrel [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R9[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Alynne, Hobbit Huntress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]67[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]) [/COLOR][COLOR=purple]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink] Kylanna, Woman Loremistress [/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]85[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]|[/COLOR][COLOR=pink]R4[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Defenders of the Mithril Halls[/COLOR] [COLOR=cyan]([/COLOR][COLOR=pink]Landroval[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=pink]Landy: Avarice (R5 Warg), Squeak (R4 Defiler); Brandy: Amberjack (R4 Warg)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

AW: Tower Of Orthanc - Thelin 5 Set bonus no longer working.

I agree... if this is the intentioned way it is supposed to work then screw you Turbine... I want my seals back.

We used to have a quite nice Set bonus that was working great, not overpowered, but really useful in many situations...
    now We have one that in reality isn't of any help anymore...

It can only be triggered by insane spamming of the same skill at the expence of heal efficienty and power costs...

I always defended Turbine in their ways of changing the game and overlooked many mistakes they made.
    I really hope this is one of those mistakes, otherwhise I'd be pretty pissed off...

But seriously... since the Tower of Orthanc is closed anyway, there's no situation where this bonus is needed (except pvp maybe )
    Seneschall der ~Streiter der Freiheit ~
    stolzes Mitglied der wunderbaren ~Legion der Freunde~
    auf DE-RP Belegaer

The Hadollin 5 set bonus has been broken. Wtb fix.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Set bonus screwed, I noticed this last night as well.

The skill, even if used whenever the CD is up, doesn't give the set any use, i now regret buying it.

Swapping out three peices for the draigoch set is gonna be my cheap band-aid for this mess... Le Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by swellrif View Post
    Set bonus screwed, I noticed this last night as well.

The skill, even if used whenever the CD is up, doesn't give the set any use, i now regret buying it.

Swapping out three peices for the draigoch set is gonna be my cheap band-aid for this mess... Le Sigh
    Damn that, I'm never healing again. Getting the new DPS armour and going War Speech FTW!

for healing purpose:
    i was mad from the beginning, but then i was able to farm creeps for new ettens healing armour, so far has 3 pieces, and some ToO armour can go burn in hell somewhere 3 ettens + 3 draigoch .... mmm, cool bonuses.

ToO dps set:
    that bonus is covered in secrets from beginning.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000031bb2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Whitywindle creep -->> Rakbash(R5) - wargnub :)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsie View Post
    I'd LIKE to believe that this wasn't an intentional change, along with all of the other little fun things that mysteriously befell the minstrel this update. WTB Fixes, pst.
    For the first time since he took over the minstrel updates, I am disappointed in Orion. Not even an acknowledgement on our Codas wiping anthems again.

Multiple minstrels in a fellow wiping buffs/anthems? Not a word.

NEITHER my 5 set DPS or 5 set Healing sets work. Not a word. I am currently using 3 Draigoch/3 Thelin for healing as both those 3 piece bonuses seem to still function. I already banked the 5 DPS and swapped mostly to the new Moors armor in the hopes that SOMETHING works.

Finesse from Draigoch set removed. Not a word.

A cryptic message that our heals are being adjusted/nerfed/removed? Not a word.

WTB a response to this mess.
    Last edited by Gillianrial; Mar 18 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    For the first time since he took over the minstrel updates, I am disappointed in Orion. Not even an acknowledgement on our Codas wiping anthems again.

NEITHER my 5 set DPS or 5 set Healing sets work. Not a word. I am currently using 3 Draigoch/3 Thelin for healing as both those 3 piece bonuses seem to still function. I already banked the 5 DPS and swapped mostly to the new Moors armor in the hopes that SOMETHING works.

Rep
    Rep
    Rep
    And more Rep!

Re : Re: Tower Of Orthanc - Thelin 5 Set bonus no longer working.

My Hadolin bonus set also does not work :-( But I do not think we should be so hard on Orion. It's not his fault. Technical errors and bugs do happen and I'm sure as soon as he is aware of the why's etc.. he will inform us. I think the devs do their best. There will eventually be a patch.

It's not about faults. I doubt anyone really thinks Orion didn't do his job and these are his fault - bugs happen. In this case, many of them happened again. Being upfront about them is what matters now IMO. Acknowledgment matters.

I noticed that when I remove one of the pieces after logging back in and then equip it back that it seems to work Anyone else tried this?

Re: Re : Re: Tower Of Orthanc - Thelin 5 Set bonus no longer working.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    I noticed that when I remove one of the pieces after logging back in and then equip it back that it seems to work Anyone else tried this?
    No, but I will try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post

/signed+rep

This is awful news. 1)Our bubble was nerfed, overnerfed imo, to a number that makes no sense. 2) our anthems clear other anthems again. 3) the bonus on the 5-piece set, word for word, states "inspire fellows reduces 3% incoming damage" not reduces your usual 1% damage and oh this stacks up to 3x......BUT at a shorter duration with each cast......AND your 4th inspire fellows DOES NOT refresh any of the buffs......AND your fifth inspire fellows grants only a 2 sec buff which falls off so you are back to -2% and wasting power to try to get that 3rd to stick.

I understand RKs needed a buff, their healing was lacking....but to OP the RK and nerf us into oblivion was not the answer, AT ALL!!
    I will shelve my mini until things are cleaned up quite a bit. Since you buffed the RKs and Wardens(wow), maybe they can be your raid healers now. I know it sounds QQ, but good God!!!

These changes, sadly unaware until now, have made me extremely disappointed and sad about the 1 class I love. I used to be proud to wear the 5 piece ToO set that i worked so hard to get, because of a not too overpowerful set bonus. Now I believe I am wearing trash as I will probably go back to the 5 piece dragon set and heal in Harmony stance, due to a more effecient AOE heal. But that will be hard to do dps-wise due to the, again, lack of finesse (aren't these the pre-update 5.1 stats on the Dragon set?????????) You have effectively turned minstrels back to the old bolster-spamming, pre-update ways.

Please take a look at the ugliness you pulled with the minstrel. PLEASE! IF this is the change for good....i would like some seals back so i can go 3/3 or a 4/2 set-up because your stacking IF heal is a literal joke now. J-O-K-E! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!
    Last edited by Daethad; Mar 20 2012 at 02:42 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001edc68/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree with you Daethad, I feel like Ive wasted seals getting the Thelin set when having three of it and three Draigoch pieces is better. I also feel like the minstrel class is being replaced by the RK. RKs have always been able to out dps minis, and now they can out heal us, not cool. I will still play my minstrel, regardless of what they do to the class, but Ive dusted off my RK and started leveling him again.

The RK did need a boost in the healing department, but us minis didnt need the nerf. Still hoping some of this is unintentional. If not, my RK will be my main healing class in raids from now on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000d02/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I love my dps Minstrel (I dont play it as healer) and it is the only class I play. My account has a LM but my son who lives with me plays it. I think if they ever did nerf the dps on the Minstrel I would stop playing. I have no desire to learn a new class.. to put all that effort again into another character. It would just not be worth the time or money involved. As for this problem, I really think it is an unintentional bug. I'm not worried in the least because these things are expected to happen when dealing with coding, etc computers and such. I know it will be fixed. :-) I trust the devs and think they are doing good with all the new content, etc. Sure I dont like all changes but most I do like.
    Last edited by Norwrei; Mar 20 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xandax View Post
    I agree with you Daethad, I feel like Ive wasted seals getting the Thelin set when having three of it and three Draigoch pieces is better. I also feel like the minstrel class is being replaced by the RK. RKs have always been able to out dps minis, and now they can out heal us, not cool. I will still play my minstrel, regardless of what they do to the class, but Ive dusted off my RK and started leveling him again.

The RK did need a boost in the healing department, but us minis didnt need the nerf. Still hoping some of this is unintentional. If not, my RK will be my main healing class in raids from now on.
    Heh, you aren't the only one Pezz; My RK just hit 62, going on 75. I Will be a healer, no matter what it takes. Though since we are talking healers... I have a kin captain, that after U6, found a rotation and swapping rotation that proved
    very humbling, when he healed a dragon raid, better than i ever could... food for thought.

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.

Yes, the Minstrel set issues which have been mentioned within are bugs.

They were not part of a devious plot by Orion and ZC to supplant all Minstrels with Rune-keepers (though it's entirely possible I just didn't get the memo.) If they were, I would have made more popcorn.

*insert standard comment of "if it looks wrong, /bug it" here*

Thanks, Rock.
    Galedlen/Rud/Aerval/Erenric et al of Landroval

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast