We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Hunter PVP Armor

Any hunters had a chance to look at the new PVP armor?

We lose some of the tools that help us survive in the Moors. The set bonuses suck! We lose the +3 stealth detection...and the creeps can still buy the +10 stealth detection with TP. Vitality on the new armor sucks...

Any hunter feedback?

And...Thanks Turbine for making the survivability, of the classes restricted to medium armor, very short. I used to be able to solo in the Moors...but now that is near impossible and the freeps on Riddermark have a problem with grouping up to fight a grouped up and zerging enemy (they think it makes them less of a skilled player):.....sheesh....
    [B][I]Stars...We don't need no stinking Stars!

“If you wound us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that” ~William Shakespeare
    [/I][/B]

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000039ac7/signature.png]Gundamir[/charsig]

Re: New Hunter PVP Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Lagnaf View Post
    Any hunters had a chance to look at the new PVP armor?

We lose some of the tools that help us survive in the Moors. The set bonuses suck! We lose the +3 stealth detection...and the creeps can still buy the +10 stealth detection with TP. Vitality on the new armor sucks...

Any hunter feedback?

And...Thanks Turbine for making the survivability, of the classes restricted to medium armor, very short. I used to be able to solo in the Moors...but now that is near impossible and the freeps on Riddermark have a problem with grouping up to fight a grouped up and zerging enemy (they think it makes them less of a skilled player):.....sheesh....
    I solo in moors all the time. New set didnt change anything important so far imo. Besides you can compensate the loss of agi/vit with new relics and weapon scrolls from new zone rep.
    [URL=http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Francois_Legare/media/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Francois_Legare/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

with the changes to warg and reaver...

pretty much no help to hunters...

the hunter armor is totally gimp. the only effective combo is 2/2/2 of each set. the 3 set bonus for one of the sets with the -18% power cost of pen shot looks like most blue line focus junkies would die for it. in combo with -30% from trait and some % from LI id say that its more valuable for long sustained pve fighting for spamming pen shot.

after the 30% decrease in incoming DPS and the -50% cc (our only survival abilities) duration we will be totally noneffective.

with our increase of 30% we will have it far less effective since staying in the fight longer has little effect since we cant do much when we are hit.

wargs are now unbeatable if they have full audacity and some brains.

the interrupt bleed = death of everything induction.

we'r totally roast.

Gear is utterly fail. whoever envisioned the bonuses has no sense of where hunters are and what they need.

sadface.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagnaf View Post
    and the creeps can still buy the +10 stealth detection with TP.

Where from I have never seen this on the store?
    "There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
    Phakdush Baka,
    Formerly of The Gramsfoot Canaries, Withywindle.
    Now Cojones De Mitril, Evernight.

BAs have the skill "I see you" with +10 stealth detection for 30 min available at r5. Maybe this is the skill they are discussing? It's the only one I know of but there may be others for other classes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000049f949/signature.png]Dagtau[/charsig]
    Dagtau- WL; Thrakhosh- BA; Gutzit- Scout; Hurzub- Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Phakdush View Post
    I figured they were referring to the BA self-buff that has the +10 stealth detect (and apparently are uninformed that this is the skill for one and only one class).

Anyway, more on topic:

When I ran around on the BR server, I spent some time running back and forth to pick up the needed commendations to get one of the full hunter sets (I really don't recall which), but I do remember that even with my poor jewellery (still hate myself for copying hunter early on) and with the full new set, I had 1k vit, ~5k armour, and still had 1300+ agility (about 20k Physical Mastery) - and you really don't need that much more than this to be effective out there. 1v1, even against all the r15s running around, I still did fairly well. Granted I also went the route to play with FA weapons, but none had legacies that effected my stats and they had relics and scrolls akin to what I currently run with on live.

tl;dr IMO, hunter sets (or any of the new sets) are really not as bad as everyone seems to be QQing about.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Sorry, calling bs on this one. Cant believe you did "fairly well" with only 1.3k Agil in moors. With audacity you're probably gritting for what, 1.2k?

Sadly, hunters did get a shaft for U6 moors. Only set that made me ooh and aah was the trapper set. Then I realized it was yellow line. Not only does the yellow lines set have the most reasonable stats, it also has tact mitigation (essential in moors). Once again, devs play a private joke on the hunters by giving us only one decent set, then making that set correspond with the most useless PvP trait line.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

You don't need to trait a certain way to wear the set...

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Sorry, calling bs on this one. Cant believe you did "fairly well" with only 1.3k Agil in moors. With audacity you're probably gritting for what, 1.2k?
    Lol. You don't need more than 1500 agility in the moors and can pass well with 1300 and having a bit more survivability (which how many hunters lately QQ about?) at the expense of some agility seems well worth it to me. But I'm also not a raid baby hunter like most of the high agility/low survivability hunters I see out there lately. Blow it up faster than it can blow you up, as a hunter, really only has a chance to work with BAs, maybe defilers. Melee? Got news, that ridiculously high agility will do little to nothing for you.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Lol. You don't need more than 1500 agility in the moors and can pass well with 1300 and having a bit more survivability (which how many hunters lately QQ about?) at the expense of some agility seems well worth it to me. But I'm also not a raid baby hunter like most of the high agility/low survivability hunters I see out there lately. Blow it up faster than it can blow you up, as a hunter, really only has a chance to work with BAs, maybe defilers. Melee? Got news, that ridiculously high agility will do little to nothing for you.
    And that ridiculously high vitality will do even less for you. Now you've got 2k more morale and probably high 8ker mitigations, if not breaking 9k.
    I can manage 1.8k Agil and "only" 750 vit and hit 8k tact mit, thanks to some kinnies who showed me a great gear set up lately. And I still have trouble in the moors recently. I'm not exactly a noob in the moors, nor a raid baby (when I'm in raids, THEN I stack Agil like you're talking about), yet creeps I used to see obviously struggle with their class and not use it to its best ability are now getting away with killing me regularly. Call this QQ to dismiss the facts, but before U6 and audacity, I knew players who could best me and players who simply couldn't. The latter's population has gone significantly down, and I seriously doubt it's only due to a recent boom in skill or something. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm doing fairly well, because I'm not. And when I said I called bs on that, I'm doubting that you can do better with simply maybe 1.5k more morale and mits than my solo build. I tried stacking morale and vit lately just to have some fun mainly, and it definitely doesn't solve the survivability issue. The problem is with our skill set, not our gear
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by zaskoda View Post
    You don't need to trait a certain way to wear the set...
    Technically, no. Realistically, you're getting no reasonable gains (bonuses) from the yellow gear set unless you're traited yellow (which, as said before, isn't relevant to hunter PvP). The 2 bonus is tact mitigation. Useful, I like it! Balances with our loss of mitigation from previous PvP set. Props to the dev. Let's move on. 3-set: needful haste resets distracting shot. Okay... who took over here... distracting shot was only useful before if you wanted to put some space between you and your enemy, but it's a double edged sword that hits hard because of its induction. Useful? No, but MAYBE in very limited circumstances. 4-set bonus I'll ignore, it's good (whoever designed it got the 4-sets right, I'll say). 5-set: -50% trap inductions. Now this is simply a slap to the face. Can you honestly tell me how this benefits PvP, ESP without traiting yellow for combat traps. No? Then why is it a 5-set bonus? It does nothing to help us. Nothing. If I have the time to lay down a trap, I HAVE the time. I've never seen a situation where a hunter sees a warg (only class without ranged skills or charge) running in unstealthed and boom! 1sec trap baby! You're going down. Maybe useful for noticing someone coming who doesn't see you and squeezing in some more seconds for a quick gank? Thanks for limiting us more.
    That aside, the yellow PvP set looks like a PvE set. And, I very well may just get it for that purpose, bc I'll bet it does it's PvE job well. PvP? Ha, no.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

So to 2/2/2 then, you need the audacity. Not the set bonuses. Some are good, some aren't.

I honestly don't think this is all that much of a big deal.

Every freep lost something by incorporating Audacity.

The new sets are fine if you know what you're doing. I'm running the 4 blue Audacity set and going for 2 yellow for the tact mitigation. We are honestly in no worse state then we were before update 6, you just have to get used to whats changed, and adapt to it. I'm at a smoot mid 700 Vit and around 1750 Agi, you just have to balance the right armor with the right jewelry.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000007782e/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I have a noob rune keeper and a champ that only tanks. Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Technically, no. Realistically, you're getting no reasonable gains (bonuses) from the yellow gear set unless you're traited yellow (which, as said before, isn't relevant to hunter PvP). The 2 bonus is tact mitigation. Useful, I like it! Balances with our loss of mitigation from previous PvP set. Props to the dev. Let's move on. 3-set: needful haste resets distracting shot. Okay... who took over here... distracting shot was only useful before if you wanted to put some space between you and your enemy, but it's a double edged sword that hits hard because of its induction. Useful? No, but MAYBE in very limited circumstances. 4-set bonus I'll ignore, it's good (whoever designed it got the 4-sets right, I'll say). 5-set: -50% trap inductions. Now this is simply a slap to the face. Can you honestly tell me how this benefits PvP, ESP without traiting yellow for combat traps. No? Then why is it a 5-set bonus? It does nothing to help us. Nothing. If I have the time to lay down a trap, I HAVE the time. I've never seen a situation where a hunter sees a warg (only class without ranged skills or charge) running in unstealthed and boom! 1sec trap baby! You're going down. Maybe useful for noticing someone coming who doesn't see you and squeezing in some more seconds for a quick gank? Thanks for limiting us more.
    That aside, the yellow PvP set looks like a PvE set. And, I very well may just get it for that purpose, bc I'll bet it does it's PvE job well. PvP? Ha, no.
    The yellow line set has bonuses that require yellow traits to be of any real use? I'm shocked, SHOCKED to hear that!

Even my Signature is trolling!

word has it that the 5 piece bonus with -25% CC from precision is broken. I don't have the set to confirm, but that's the word I hear.
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

AW: Re: New Hunter PVP Armor

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    It does not work like that. Survivability in the moors does not equal morale. It is basically solely created by class mechanics. And these are: Avoidances, Armour, Mitigation, Self-heals, Knockdowns, cooldowns, DMG.

To elaborate more: The reason that a BA is incredibly tough to beat is not because he has 200% of my morale, but because he has a 75% avoidance of my DMG with Moving Target.
    What would a Champ be without his bubbles? A melee hunter.
    What would a Warg be without stealth? A victim.
    And so on.

Now I see why stacking morale is so attractive for some hunters out there. Trading 30% DMG against 30% more Morale sounds balanced enough. The point is though: Anyone will just eat way faster through your medium armour than they will do against a champion or guardian. What I am saying is, a great offence is your best defence. Stacking what you call survivability is not. Yeah you were able to solo before, but that is not because you geared right but because there was enough room to allow this abomination.

Now of course gearing for even the last % of DMG is not right either when you neglect everything else. Dealing 5k DPS does nothing for you if you certainly die in a Warg's pounce or a BAs vital target. A balance is needed. Yet the balance is strongly favouring DMG.

On topic. Yeah these sets are all ####. The bonuses are ALL to the point of uselessness. I do not know who designed this ####. On the other hand the PS power cost bonus is great in PvE if you do not want to change armour. So 4/2/0 is ok as well as 2/2/2. By the way the Entrapment set is the poorest statwise. Not enough agility. Vitality is strong on any set.

On a sidenote: When you are behind it you can still do crazy stuff on the hunter right now. You need to have more Audacity than your opponent though. Things still just pop. As soon as your regular opponents will gear up, capabilities will drop greatly too.
    Last edited by VincentVanPort; Mar 20 2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Vincent van Port "Held der fliegenden Feder" R13 before 2013!
    Collector of superb posts.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000000e32/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

PvP changed for everyone, quit complaining and start adapting.

I personally like the new hunter set bonuses, even if they are not as useful as the last set's bonuses were. That being said, the only thing that has been detrimental to me in moors is the changes to wargs. I find its more of the hunter's gameplay that makes them limited in the moors, not their set. Once you have the full set (or 4/2 3/3 2/2/2) whatever you prefer, things will get a lot easier anyways. Of course, devs still don't look at us at all except to remind us about where our place is, so I feel you all on that.

Re: AW: Re: New Hunter PVP Armor

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    It does not work like that. Survivability in the moors does not equal morale. It is basically solely created by class mechanics. And these are: Avoidances, Armour, Mitigation, Self-heals, Knockdowns, cooldowns, DMG.
    I think you missed my point. I wasn't talking about a straight morale build, I'm talking about vitality. That doesn't just equal morale. Vitality contributes to not just our resistances, but physical and tactical mitigations as well now. If you ask me, getting the extra morale is just a bonus out there toward what else having a higher vitality gets us. Though in that regard speaking as a creep, I am more likely to take the lower morale hunter on than the higher morale hunter (unless it's clear they're just buffs giving that hunter the higher morale).

Damage is important, I don't deny that, but my point here is that it's possible to sacrifice some damage in order to boost your vitality and not lose the potency that hunters have.

And could we use self heals (aside what's tied directly to a legacy/parry response)? Yes. Do we need knockdowns? No. Big "I win" CDs to blow? No.

What hunters need to do in the 'Moors is what we've always needed to do with updates and changes like this: adapt. Nothing wrong with the notion of asking for a better survival skill, but we're still not in a bad place and this armour isn't terrible for us. But take hunters for what we are: a challenging class in the 'Moors (when played solo/small group) - there are too many other classes that have too many "I win" buttons and CDs to blow.
    Last edited by xxforcardassia; Mar 21 2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phakdush View Post
    B/c he made it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    I honestly don't think this is all that much of a big deal.

Every freep lost something by incorporating Audacity.
    Minstrel definitely didn't. In fact, if you choose the right combination of pieces, the new sets are a flat out improvement for WS Minnies.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]