We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: EntityControl

EntityControl

So, EntityControl's fields are:

/eval for k, v in pairs(Turbine.UI.Lotro.EntityC ontrol) do Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(k); end

Constructor
    SetContextMenuEnabled
    SetEntity
    GetEntity
    SetSelectionEnabled
    IsSelectionEnabled
    IsContextMenuEnabled

Stretching an EntityControl over something you'd previously been RegisterForClickHandling, and then SetEntitying the EntityControl seems to work perfectly fine.

Re: EntityControl

Hi Moebius,

I'm not really sure how to use the EntityControl. Can you provide an explanation of what you mean by stretching an entity control over something?

If I have a label on in a window, would I:
    (a) Create the control
    (b) set the parent to the same window as the label
    (c) change the size of it so that it covers the label
    (d) se the z-order so that its "on top" of the label

Then it can get click events. Is that what's its used for? If not - what the heck is it ?

Thanks in advance,

Kamindra
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000006abda/01006/signature.png]Kamindra[/charsig]

Say originally I had a window w of size x,y and an entity e which I was doing e:RegisterForClickHandling(w). Now I'd have to do:

ec = Turbine.UI.Lotro.EntityControl ();
    ec:SetParent(w);
    ec:SetPosition(0, 0);
    ec:SetSize(x, y);
    ec:SetMouseVisible(true);
    ec:SetEntity(e);
    ec:SetSelectionEnabled(true);
    ec:SetContextMenuEnabled(true) ;

Thanks for this

If we use this approach in association with an Item, can we now grab the right click events for it?

Kam
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000006abda/01006/signature.png]Kamindra[/charsig]

Honestly? Not a clue. Up until this update I'd thought RegisterForClickHandling was an Actor thing, not an Entity thing, so it never even occurred to me to try it on items.