We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Done STH t1 up to last boss; don't think could do t2.
    Done NCF t1 and t2 up to last boss. Strategy for 1st boss in NCF is 5 Faron 5b/2r but STRENGTH stance for QS slow. Run boss to one end of room, run THROUGH boss, Low Cut, slow, pewpewpewpewpew, repeat - eggs die in 1 pen-shot.
    Have killed the cauldron (with hope, scrolls, bow-chant and agi food) before the first hobbit woke up.

Cool

Three Limlight Trolls. No yellow set. Greetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBJiLCodpc

I LOVE my class.

Nice work! But I have to ask... why was the ore still available for you to mine? I see you've got the 3 piece jewelry set so you must have already done the quest. How'd you get the rocks to glow again?

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    Grats Svargh! For a moment ther eI thought you meant you'd done it without tapper traiting, but either way well done. Dangerously hairy in a few places there, but it's bound to get nasty after a couple of them get a momentum buff or two, since if that happens you have less time to work with between control. Well done though, nice to see I'm not the only one to have managed this.
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]And Vengeance Be Thy Oath. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Nice work! But I have to ask... why was the ore still available for you to mine? I see you've got the 3 piece jewelry set so you must have already done the quest. How'd you get the rocks to glow again?
    The answer to this was already featured in my previous video where I took on two of the trolls. I just didn't finish the quests before. I managed to got full reputation by loot + the tree and spider quests + Roots of Fangorn. I was quite inactive when The Great River came out - and that's why the "Poor Prospects" quest was still available for me. Maybe a lucky coincidence. =) I did the whole quest line by myself, icluding Ghâmp / Gank. Though it was never planned that way I found it more and more interesting to find out what I can do with my hunter alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Harla View Post
    Grats Svargh! For a moment ther eI thought you meant you'd done it without tapper traiting, but either way well done. Dangerously hairy in a few places there, but it's bound to get nasty after a couple of them get a momentum buff or two, since if that happens you have less time to work with between control. Well done though, nice to see I'm not the only one to have managed this.
    Thanks a lot. Ah, that means you were also able to handle the three? Nice, congrats. :-) And no, of course it had to be in 5y + Capstone. I can't see how it should be possible in other traitings than that.
    Yes, in the end I'm quite happy that it got a bit hairy, because otherwise the vid might have been too boring. As said in the description it's a whole lot of improv. During the fight my ~200 Morale didn't really bother me at all. As long as it's >0 everything's cool. ^^

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    Ya, I did mine as part of a little on-going crusade to prove to some of my friends that hunters can be awesome as more than just thoughtless Pew, hehe... If I'd videoed my version of this fight, it would have been much more boring; it was part of doing the whole of limlight on my lonesome, so I refined what I was doing there ont he two-troll fight leading up to it.

I noticed you used thorns when it was up, and mostly Cced what you had to, when you had to, with whatever happened to be ready. Made it entertaining to watch.... My method relied mostly on just Distract and traps, with Bard as the 'back-up', and I'd pre-emptively put the traps down as soon as it was off cool, with a plan to drop a specific troll in it, so that they'd spend the most time running -to- the trap before hitting it, and thereby stay rooted for longer overall; gave me more breathing room so I didn't have any real 'face' time with any of them... positioning was a big part of my method. Your fight was far more entertaining to watch though, hehe. Well done again.
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]And Vengeance Be Thy Oath. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Thanks again. But I think your tactics sound interesting, too, and not boring at all to me. More planning, or rather prevention... would have been really interesting to watch. However, it seems that different approaches lead to success here. Not a bad thing. =)

Quote Originally Posted by deaathgod View Post
    Ncf tier 2- caldron and spider bosses
    The last boss in NCF was fairly straight forward on t1, has anyone done t2??
    Jennicide, Lore Master ~ Elcastor, Hunter
    Arielal, Minstrel ~ Anyawen, Guardian
    Renishii, Rune-Keeper

Smile Nice to see this thread back..

Nice to see my thread coming back. In rohan beta were quite amazing (mounted combat wise) I think it should be fun to see if we can solo warbands meant for "Fellowships".
    -Godofdeath
    The battle is won, but the child is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by deaathgod View Post
    Nice to see my thread coming back. In rohan beta were quite amazing (mounted combat wise) I think it should be fun to see if we can solo warbands meant for "Fellowships".
    -Godofdeath
    All warbands are soloable, including the raid one.

All warbands are soloable, including the raid one.
    I'll second this statement, having done so myself. Hunters are actually rather OP in mounted combat at the moment.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Okay nice to see that their solo-able. I wonder if there's anything challenging that can be soloed in rohan, hope so....
    The battle is won, but the child is lost.

It took me about 16 minutes to solo him and his pals:

It's available in 1920x1200 so make sure you set the resolution to Original if you can handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWIi0ntDIoI

Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; Sep 24 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Did this the other day. Pretty sure it is new

Sorry for the necro, but did not want to make a new one and see this one go to waste.

School at Tham Mirdain (Challenge), Level 100

I had solo'd the school many times at max level when I was 95 but could never seem to get challenge. Figured I'd give it a try the other day when I was bored since I hadn't messed around with soloing Library at 100. Got it on my first try.

Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Nicely done. I know the trick to pull those 7 mobs out without starting challenge, but so far have only managed up to 7/10 books before challenge failed. I have learned something from your positioning when extinguishing. But how did you manage to avoid triggering Tarsh until all books were out? Up to now I've tried a strategy of leaving 1 archer alive and CCing him regularly to keep him quiet.

Also interesting to see your fighting style - you move a lot less than I do (I love low cut root for staying out of range of uruk stuns), and despite being a red hunter I use precision rather than strength and burn a lot of focus with blood arrow/penshot/upshot spam

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Nicely done. I know the trick to pull those 7 mobs out without starting challenge, but so far have only managed up to 7/10 books before challenge failed. I have learned something from your positioning when extinguishing. But how did you manage to avoid triggering Tarsh until all books were out? Up to now I've tried a strategy of leaving 1 archer alive and CCing him regularly to keep him quiet.

Also interesting to see your fighting style - you move a lot less than I do (I love low cut root for staying out of range of uruk stuns), and despite being a red hunter I use precision rather than strength and burn a lot of focus with blood arrow/penshot/upshot spam
    You just need to stay very close to the wall and boss won't be triggered. It's not hard if you don't get any stun, still doable if you get stunned once and you are fast with cry of the hunter (i think i once managed even being stunned and once i failed at 9/10 while estinguishing last book).
    And i use your playstyle

Btw on topic...anyone else soloed feast of drakes?

Gladden: Bregwing(r7 cappy), other 3 100s
    Semiretired

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Notice the square that the book pedestal is in? Just don't let your feet/butt go outside of that square. The closer you are to the boss the more danger you are in of triggering him. Keep thy butt with the books.

I'm not squishy so I don't worry about a few mobs hitting me. I am red line and will switch between strength stance and precision depending on my mood. I just happened to be in a strength stance mood this time I've also traited with blood arrow since that video was taken. I think I hadn't messed with my traits since I had gotten 74 points in that video so didn't optimize cleanly. I finally took the time to do it shortly after. I had been focusing on getting stars of merit for my 2 other level 100 hunters and my guardian's jewelery.

I haven't done too much focus burn since the class changes. I miss the old style skills + Erebor T2 two piece swapin for Improved Fleetness I used to have. I'm still mad at the class changes and gear swapping disabling. Such a stupid move by Turbine.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliel View Post
    Btw on topic...anyone else soloed feast of drakes?
    I tried Feast of Drakes a few days after West Gondor released. I was able to clear all the corsairs and get REALLY close on the lizards. As for the drakes, that was a little problematic and I was fighting lag at the time. I did all the soloing on War-Steed for this instance, though. War-steed is affected by lag a LOT.

I haven't tried with Yellow line yet. Doubt it has enough healing output to keep me healed vs. Rohirrim stance on a war-steed.

I notice you said "anyone else" does that mean you've done it?

I tried Feast of Drakes a few days after West Gondor released. I was able to clear all the corsairs and get REALLY close on the lizards. As for the drakes, that was a little problematic and I was fighting lag at the time. I did all the soloing on War-Steed for this instance, though. War-steed is affected by lag a LOT.

I haven't tried with Yellow line yet. Doubt it has enough healing output to keep me healed vs. Rohirrim stance on a war-steed.

I notice you said "anyone else" does that mean you've done it?
    Yes, i managed to do it in yellow line but it was a very long fight. Playing a lot with LoS was vital.

Semiretired

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliel View Post
    Yes, i managed to do it in yellow line but it was a very long fight. Playing a lot with LoS was vital.
    Need to share a video, man!

Also, were you able to do the lizards?

Need to share a video, man!

Also, were you able to do the lizards?
    Eh i had a ss but i lost it when my pc was formatted. And no, i didn't try lizard, i went straight to the drakes.
    But i have to admit i blew morale pots and even rejuv pots to kill drakes.

Semiretired

A few recent solo thingies of mine, the 2 rare elite master turtles in angmar at level 38 (They are both level 45 and red)

Ancient ironscale, which can not be trapped but can be tripwired, which bought me some valuable quickshot healing time. This one was by far the toughest and I died two times before succeeding. Very hard to avoid the worms there.

http://postimg.org/image/yo1a1k19v/

Dreadjaw was a lot easier. Could be trapped. Was even able to focus on the adds because of that.

Also, no screenshot, but the legolas instance at the trollshaws underlevelled, with a purple boss, without inspiration.

Ancient lair solo @ level 40 done. Will soon post a pic on willy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast