We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on

Re: The Agile Hunter Solo List

Quote Originally Posted by Fruge View Post
    I thought I would try the Carn Dum challenge - and got as far as the OP. Cloning Nazgul (Gurthul) ends up overwhelming me on his 3rd or 4th incarnation, and I haven't been able to solo Helchgam.

Anyone soloed these two and have some tips?

I did Helchgam solo at 50, back when that was the cap in SoA, but that was a rather different Helchgam tot he way he is now (You could continue to damage him regardless of what phase and stage he was at, provide doyu had the range to reach him in his pool, and as a hutner, you do)... At that point, it was a lot of carefu shooting and ducking LoS for regen and timing of bursts, and it took ages.

When the cap went up to 65, I did him again, at at that point he was modified, and it was done in a straight dps overpower, with no ducking needed.

Haven't gone in since then, so I don't know what he's like these days... I seem to recall that he may have recieved another small tweak of some description since then (his level and morale possibly?) I'll see if I can't go in there some time soon and check him out again.

I do have a screenshot of my completion of him solo at 50, although, alas I only took it after the kill, since I didn't have the presence of mind to do so jsut before, as is preferred... By now it's a very old screenie though, so I'll see if I can dig it up.. it'll be acrchieved by now, on my computer...
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Smile Ressing the thread :)

Finally soloed boss one of gs and have a picture to prove it yay wonder what soloing awaits us in rohan

http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/...nShot23364.jpg

Hope this picture linky thing works

-Gofodeath/Emmett of brandywine (the op of this thread

Edit: fixed the photo linky stupid photo bucket will now add picks for the other solos and shtuff on this any ideas for new solo challenges, thinking about trying fangorn t1 to see if I can
    Last edited by deaathgod; Jul 28 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    The battle is won, but the child is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruge View Post
    I thought I would try the Carn Dum challenge - and got as far as the OP. Cloning Nazgul (Gurthul) ends up overwhelming me on his 3rd or 4th incarnation, and I haven't been able to solo Helchgam.

Anyone soloed these two and have some tips?
    I've done Gurthul a couple of times. Damage reflection is the big problem here. I use Barbed Arrow for bleed damage and Agile Rejoinder for self-healing. He moves really slow so you can kite him around the outside of the pillars while you wait for Barbed Arrow to do its work and AR to come off CD. Make sure to LoS him when he uses a fear attack or you get a nasty DoT (IIRC). While he's doing that use Improved Strength of the Earth for more self-heals.

Go slow, don't panic... bring ICMR food. Having Agile Rejoinder heal chance legacy at 100% and +% Barbed Arrow damage legacy helps too.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Thumbs up Thanks for the guruthol advice <3

Okay going off to try this guy now, also for helecham I've seen lots of people having issues with him you need a largeish morale pool (7.5+) for this and physical not tactical mit. wish me luck on cloning nazgul guy <3

-Godofdeath/Emmett of Brandywine

Dorozg the Beast Tamer, and The Beast (Grand Stair)

One of the officers of my guild looks for challenges in the normal landscape and puts kinnies to the test. There was one in the south west corner of the isengard map with a warg w/ pups. Basically the challenge was agro everything in the room including the matron ward w/ pups. I did it (blue line), but it's tough with all the hit setbacks. Then a mini in our kin soloed it with nothing on but his skivvies - no armor at all. Sigh.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002066c4/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk]Powerthirst - what ever gamer needs![/url]

still trying to solo ghamp/gank without any traits on...lowest ive gotten was 36k before i got owned..ill get it eventually
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.

Helchgam

Ah, nice thread indeed. Our Kin (on DE-Gwaihir) has its own YouTube Channel and I got my Hunter-Vids in a playlist there.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL27200244EB41FA1B

I think now the only challenges left for me in the Limlight Gorge are the three trolls ("Poor Prospects", two trolls recently done) and one of those Nemesis Trees, everything else done, including Ghâmp/Gank and the Spiders + Adds. I got the feeling that on my server I might be the only hunter to make the fullest use of his class (at least I don't know others than me), but this thread gives me hope that there are still other hunters around that enjoy their class. :-)

Oh and by the way, any suggestions how to deal with three trolls?

Greetings,
    Svargh
    (Brothers of Metal)
    Last edited by Svargh; Jul 30 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Cool Trolls 3 of them :(

Firstly grats on your hele kill,
    secondly here's how I deal with the 3 trolls:
    trait 5 trapper bard's arrow rain of thorns with the trapper capstone
    Use 6 draig armor, and have the distracking shot cd legacy
    mes one troll with distracting
    use draiogh set bonus enhanced intent concentration to reset distracting
    mes one with distracting
    you should be able to keep those 2 perma messes
    fear/root kite the last troll while killing it then once it's down keep perma messing one and fear root kite the other
    -Godofdeath/Emmet btw nice playlist all hope for hunt-ards is not lost

PS
    Okay wow grats on killing the beast/beast tamer in gs that looks inconceivable! (reference should be obvious)
    so how did you trait, and what was your strategy on him I'd love a video <3
    Last edited by deaathgod; Jul 30 2012 at 06:39 PM.

these seem interesting. will have to try them sometime.

i havent tried a few of these, however helch, LLG(all but troll quest-line) i have done. a few of those mobs i actually havent seen. the nemesis for nars peak i solo'd on my warden back at 65. however i havent seen him since.

rest i havent seen/tried
    Last edited by 0987654321; Jul 30 2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Gurthul, Carn Dum.

On a hunch I tried this again. His damage reflection only works against Common, Westernesse, Ancient Dwarf Make, Fire, etc. Use light oil (or probably Beleriand bow w no oil) and he goes down pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by deaathgod View Post
    here's how I deal with the 3 trolls:
    trait 5 trapper bard's arrow rain of thorns with the trapper capstone
    Use 6 draig armor, and have the distracking shot cd legacy
    mes one troll with distracting
    use draiogh set bonus enhanced intent concentration to reset distracting
    mes one with distracting
    you should be able to keep those 2 perma messes
    fear/root kite the last troll while killing it then once it's down keep perma messing one and fear root kite the other
    -Godofdeath/Emmet btw nice playlist all hope for hunt-ards is not lost
    Ah, what a lucky me to say goodbye to my Draig-Set last week because of space reasons. -.- But I think I'll give it a try anyway, I'm sure I'll find a way. :-) With Bard's Arrow, Rain of thorns und the capstone I think there's still one important Leg. missing: I don't know the english name for it, it's the skill with whom you are able to restore a nice amount of morale and power, I like to use it when it's getting close.
    Last edited by Svargh; Jul 31 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Thumbs up Just checking up and stuff :)

Okay firstly I think the heal you mean is the legendary trait "press onwards" (morale+power heal of about 2.5k on a 5 min cd)
    Also the cloning nazgul guy is very doable without the reflect damage (yay for light oil)
    Thanks
    -Godofdeath/Emmett

Ps: has anyone tried soloing dungeons in dg.... prbbly not possible because of last boss needing interrupts but if I dont try it cant be sure .

Did SH HM in the DG cluster a month ago or so...I'll post a screenshot once I get back in there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

I tried dungeons in dg a while back. Really depressing. I spent ages freeing every single elf, only to have last boss kill every single one

A hunter/burg duo can easily save all elves though, but with solo hunter I just couldn't find any way to keep the elves alive.

Has anyone tried Forgotten Treasury? I imagine it should be possible. I was trying it one of the days but had to go because my food was ready. Didn't want to ever try to solo turn those statues again afterwards (boring and so hard to remember all 6 when you have to run between them).
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsinger View Post
    Has anyone tried Forgotten Treasury? I imagine it should be possible. I was trying it one of the days but had to go because my food was ready. Didn't want to ever try to solo turn those statues again afterwards (boring and so hard to remember all 6 when you have to run between them).
    Its doable at 75, timing when to attack with the buffs on the mini-bosses makes it easy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

Forgotten Treasury done. Hardest part was trying to get a good screenshot

Okay firstly I think the heal you mean is the legendary trait "press onwards" (morale+power heal of about 2.5k on a 5 min cd)
    That's exactly what I meant.
    I had a few tries on the limlight trolls now and at my best I had the first troll at ~20K, but sooner or later one troll will ignore a trap and then it's getting nasty. :-/ Once you're on the run it's over. But I'm still on it.

Cool Hunters seem to be at level 65 warden soloing levels :)

Okay adding mirror halls boss one: it's some wargy thing will post a screeny soon this is, at least the way I do it a pure dps race faron set with 5 red (yes I just said that) is best for this with resolute aim traited and deadly precision. Also seeing if I can solo pits t1 boss one I'll get a video to prove that's possible if it is......
    -Godofdeath/Emmett of brandywine

yea, i have dread cuz i got punted off the flatform lol
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.

I've soloed Fangorns Edge t1, T2 first boss half dead. Unfortunately he does a nasty ranged attack in T2 compared to T1 or I could do the second part easy. It still might be possible but I didn't have the patience.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Okay adding mirror halls boss one: it's some wargy thing will post a screeny soon this is, at least the way I do it a pure dps race faron set with 5 red (yes I just said that) is best for this with resolute aim traited and deadly precision. Also seeing if I can solo pits t1 boss one I'll get a video to prove that's possible if it is......
    -Godofdeath/Emmett of brandywine
    Yeah the warg (1st boss) is pretty easy, pure DPS race, 119k-ish morale but it goes pretty fast.

Ergoth is much harder tho. Either she puts like 8 dread on me or a nasty wound DoT (after I've already potted fear).
    Last edited by q945; Aug 09 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Anyone tried sth T2? I only tried it twice without buffs, but the minor stacking DoTs coupled with the main bosses run speed crippled me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast