We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Healing Minstrel, recommend me?

Greetings!
    I've been reading many posts, and gathered some good info.
    Now, what do you recommend for me as a new Minstrel? Regarding weapon, instrument, traits, stats.
    I mean to be a Healing Minstrel, 100%. Will only hunt on fellowships.

Re: Healing Minstrel, recommend me?

Errr.... ok?

tip 1) Play your Minstrel
    tip 2) Learn your Minstrel while playing
    tip 3) Heal in fellowships, don't hunt

Everything else eludes me at this point.

I'm still learning my mini, so don't take this as gospel.
    As far as stats go, Will should always be your main concern; Fate will help increase your crits.
    For instruments, if you are only healing, you'll want to get your hands on a Theorbo or a Lute, the Theorbo increases healing % while the Lute reduces healing power costs, so it seems like a personal choice.
    I've found that minstrels seem to be expected to have a one-handed sword and shield, and there are some pre-fab sets like this that have pretty solid stats.
    Again, if you are only healing, you should have at least four traits from the heals group for the set bonus, then I would suggest (again, not even max lvl, so I could be wrong) picking up the traits that increase your anthem casting, since you'll probably be buffing as often as healing.
    I hope this helps a bit, and if there are any elite minis out there that can correct any mistakes I've made, or even further some of these ideas, I'd love to hear from you as well.

In 3-man or 2-man, 4Y/3B or even 5Y/2B is good enough, the double tale skill is pretty good, and the coda doing damage and healing is useful (run in harmony obviously). In 6-man 4Y/3B, and if you are having trouble try 5B/2Y. Haven't bothered with the improved soliloquy of spirit. All the yellow traits that improve anthems are garbage.
    Stack will and vitality (or even better, morale), try to generate little treat (is not a problem with anthem of compassion, a good instrument and cords), and fate is not that useful but important as well (you'll have no problems with power if you know how to use anthem of composure + coda).
    Useful anthems, in order of importance are (in a group): prowess, free peoples, war. Use third age a lot if you are having problem healing (should not be a problem if properly geared even in 6-man, in raids is absolutely necessary).
    Remeber to use piercing cry and invocation of elberth to interrupt inductions. If you have time and the anthems are on, use call to greatness and song of aid. Heralds strike and noble cause are bad but I like using it anyways.
    Use song of soothing every time is up, with the trait is incredible useful.
    Tale of heroism is good, but you can use battle for the mitigations that the +vitality gives if you need it.

The traits are obvious and don't need a guide, and virutes are something personal and don't matter much, except when running T2 content, in which case you should be good with the class already.
    Last edited by AtzumoKayami; Mar 11 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Healing Minstrel, recommend me?

Thanks all for insight (not sure if the right word).
    Really helpful tips and info So much to learn!

Good hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkha View Post
    Now, what do you recommend for me as a new Minstrel? Regarding weapon, instrument, traits, stats.
    I mean to be a Healing Minstrel, 100%. Will only hunt on fellowships.
    Whilst levelling I'd suggest equipping class traits primarily in the blue line. Until you're able to equip the full number of traits you will probably find concentrating on Anthems less productive than it is later on. Once you've reached 60 or so then you might want to give yellow-traits a go, it's quite a different style of healing but by then you should be confident enough in what you're doing to adjust and decide which technique suits you better.

In terms of equipment , initially I'd agree that a woodworker-crafted Theorbo or Lute is best. At later levels (once you get into Lothlorien) a crafted Clarinet is probably best for you.

As long as you have RL friends with whom you will be questing constantly, you should have no problems; though outside of instances (and it's going to be ridiculously difficult to level just in instances) you'll be much more useful doing dps in War-Speech as world-mobs very rarely require any serious healing. If you don't have a group of RL friends with whom you'll be questing, then you will be soloing a lot of the time, get yourself a crafted Drum, equip red traits and learn to DPS.

My tuppence / 2 cents worth

1. What they ^^ already said
    2. Read Cloudie-wan's guide regularly as you level and get new skills.
    3. Be wary/careful of advice pre-dating the class changes last year-especially in update 5- a lot has changed regarding 'best' virtues and stats.
    4. Get crafting! either for armour (taylor) or jewellery (good for stats) or make power/wound pots (scholar) or cook for food/lute strings (yes even your clarinet/bagpipes or drum can use loot strings-they are cooked!) Levelling minstrels usually eat a lot and crafted armour seemed better to me from level 30-50. Maybe higher - the solo quest stuff wasn't great for minstrels when i did it at those levels. If, like me you don't skirmish much you still get good gear for grouping when you get to Moria and there's some good stuff in Annuminas (sp?) ..........or so I'm told (I was a late grouper)
    5. Learn to solo in dps for quick landscape quest content as well as to heal in groups-slayer deeds are easy in warspeech while traited red- and you'll have to do minstrel style 'tanking' in some instances so practice it a bit, even if mostly you still want to heal.
    6. this is vital ----------------have fun!

Thumbs up Re: Healing Minstrel, recommend me?

Thanks to all of you!
    I need to read and heal a LOT XD

Good hunting!

Search: Cloudie-wan...