We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

where to find instrument mentor skills?

This probably the most FAQ. I restared playing my minstril and want to learn to mentor other instuments. I know harp is a reputation item from the Rangers of Estledin. What about the other insruments?

Re: where to find instrument mentor skills?

Most of the mentor skill scrolls come world drops off of mobs in the level 45-50 range.

The best place to look is in Carn Dum, Urugath, and possible Goblin Town as the instance mobs tend to have a higher chance of dropping these items.

I can't remember the prices in TP but I know that you can find some (not sure how many) on the in game online store.

I remember buying mentor: drums.

In Angmar, there is an angmarim camp (not sure if I spelled it right) near the entrance to Carn Dum. I think it's around the spot it says Himbar on the map, in the middle of the camp is a group of angmarims and a Cargul, and if you kill the Cargul enough it may drop mentor skills, in 10 minutes I got drums, bagpipes and another, I forgot which other. Could be better spots, but personally, I found this to be best.

There is a Cargul inside Carn Dum that has a fair chance to drop these and the LM Tomes as well (as well as the elusive Plans of War page 27)

From the entrance go straight
    Kill the troll and two orc archers
    Go over the bridge and kill two more trolls
    Open the gate (need key for this)
    Kill two more trolls on the path
    Cargul will move onto the main path from the left hand side, might have to wait for a bit as he moves slowly along his patrol path.

Thank you everyone.

I didn't know about the cargul thanks for the tip. 40+ mobs drop them and tend to sell for 2-3 gold each on ah (that is what I have paid for them).

I've had the best luck inside Barad Gularan (Angmar 6-man) and the Rift (Angmar 12-man). Just this weekend I did a solo clear of Barad Gularan to advance the deeds in that instance and found a tome of bagpipe mentoring somewhere inside. So far, every time I've been in that instance we had one or two of either minstrel or loremaster tomes drop in there.