We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sorry for picking out a dusty thread.

My question: is a 85 lvl hunter able to solo Barad Glularan, Carn Dum and Urugarth?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As a lvl 85 Champ, I soloed CD and any other Angmar instance just to finish deeds. At this level, It was just a kill fest, and nothing was difficult to do at all....

In fact I had a lvl 50 kinny trailing behind me just to get the deeds done.

After a full CD - had looted 3 keys and tons of other &&&& I didn't need. But it was fun to do.

Then again I would pull as many mobs as possible - 10-15 at a time and then kil them all........
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000110329/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post

My question: is a 85 lvl hunter able to solo Barad Glularan, Carn Dum and Urugarth?
    Yes. I did this on a mini. Even the BG boss is beatable solo, but you may need a few attempts if you get unlucky on the skills the boss calls out. (I didn't use ANY of the seals, just healed/dps through it all).

I even forgot tokens for Mordirith and still was able to pull it off. I suspect that with your extra armor and DPS it should be easier.

Edit: and, this was fairly quick too, maybe an hour or so for each instance, whereas back in the day a full group of 45-50's could take 3 hours pending ability/knowledge/afks/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post

Yes, it has been done even at 75 by hunters (not mine...)
    When I solo 3 or 6-man with my hunter, I use the Anduin Martyr's Bauble + some vita/mitigations items for bosses
    (I lose DPS of course, but better for bosses)

Duo'ed Carn Dum at with my hunter at lvl 65 with a lvl75 cappy. Solo'ed it easily on my guard at 85 (didn't do epic to unlock until after hitting cap) some sword and board some 2H action. Ran out of time for Mordorith though so I will return to claim that prize someday soon. Solo'ed 65 stoneheight with guard lvl75 easily to farm relics the first boss was surprisingly harder than the others. 3-manned Foundry T2C on level while leveling my guard to 85 with a 75 warden and 75 cappy that was quite fun and challenging actually. Also duo'ed BfE T2 @ lvl20 with my guard and a cappy, that was actually very challenging with the amount of damage that gets stacked on with the honor guard and the trolls early in the fight.
    I've done a lot more solo'ing with my guard than my hunter and I honestly think medium class solo'ing (warden excluded) is much harder than light or heavy due to lack of self heals and pets. You're effectively relying, now on healing proc rings, and pots for all your heals with very limited morale bubble capacity. So anytime I see a burg/hunter solo accomplishment I value those much more than a Champ/Ward solo list.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Agree with you AaronIU, I have been soloing Carn Dum with my Hunter lv85, I could not finish it because the mobs there are crazy (the phase when you open 2 mains door, and numbers of mobs keep coming out to attack you), I could not stand after 3 waves
    Nothing is Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    Solo'ed 65 stoneheight with guard lvl75 easily to farm relics the first boss was surprisingly harder than the others.
    Now, since U10, Stoneheight T2C 85 is not very hard to solo as (glory) Champ (I just have to run a bit with the last 2 bosses at the end of the fight to wait for my bubbles CD, like in a video that a Champ, Souku, had posted)
    (I cannot do it at all with my hunter, even T1... in fact, I cannot solo any 3-Man T1 at 85 with my hunter for the moment (even with more vita), but maybe soon the Library challenge (with the bug..), as I nearly succeeded last time I tried)
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 21 2013 at 09:30 AM.

Sorry for rezing the thread but have any Wardens solo'ed this under lvl 65?
    Im just curious because i set my self a challenge (while things are quite) to see what i could solo at low levels on my warden.
    Uru and CD ive tryed at L54 and got all of Uru down ( took 2 hours) and half of CD including Helchy, have any wardens tryed on level?
    Calaborg the Elf - All the Kings Men - Elendilmir
    Calaborg 100(Champ) - Callaborn 100(RK) - Ulythian 92(Grd) - Thornhelm 65(Wrd)
    Coldsteel (Rvr)

Quote Originally Posted by Winters101 View Post
    Sorry for rezing the thread but have any Wardens solo'ed this under lvl 65?
    I'm certain wardens have done this at at least 60. I know of a person who soloed Mordirith on his captain at 60 so should be even easier for a warden.. not that I'm saying it's easy.. just perhaps easier for that class. ^^
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

Thats a fair effort for a Capt at that lvl IMO, And yes totally agree easier for a Warden but not easy, alot of fights have been a bit touch and go.

At Level 54 i could do all the bosses in Urugarth toe to toe but the last guy with the Birds I had to Kite and bleed the birds down. If i still had Resolution it would be a piece of cake, but turbine took that one off us.

and With CD bosses helcham surprisingly was not to bad once i got into a good rotation but he still hits hard as im only 4 levels above him, and Barashal the troll that drops the key was do-able as long as you interupted his heals, but im stuck on the 2 after Salvakh - Azgoth and Avalgaith
    Azgoths a moroval which summons more moroval and others just fall from the roof and by the time i die ive got about 10 of them 3k, 9k, and her at 49k just dont have the dps at level 54 so im gona try at 56-58
    Avalgaith he has adds that summon smaller adds and again i dont have the dps to kill them quick enough.
    Calaborg the Elf - All the Kings Men - Elendilmir
    Calaborg 100(Champ) - Callaborn 100(RK) - Ulythian 92(Grd) - Thornhelm 65(Wrd)
    Coldsteel (Rvr)

I soloed CD and Uru at 60 on my champ. Mordirith was probably the most difficult thing I've ever soloed. The arena in Uru was also very diffciult. I did BG at 65. I don't think I even attempted it at 60. I'm not sure why because it wasn't as difficult as you might expect. Castellan Wisdan was as tough as Udunion, the final boss. I stepped away from soloing at 75 when everyone was doing the Rift. I never undermanned it at lower levels but it's one of my favorite instances. Recently I soloed the Gatecrasher trolls before u11, which was extremely difficult.

It's tough to compare classes now with previous achievements because the classes, the game and the instances can go thru so many changes. Most are much stronger now, compared to the average mob. A LM soloed the 1.3M Drake in the Delving, sort of ridicules.

Captains have always been similar to champs and it's good to know that a capt also soloed Mordirith. I heard rumors back then but didn't know for certain.

It's fun for me now to solo on my burg because everything is challenging.
    Tedemir - 105 Champion, WM Historian(K/Weapons), Rank 13 / Azuriael - 105 Lore-Master, WM Tinker(K/Jewelry), Rank 6 / Leafelyn - 105 Burglar, WM Armourer(K/Tailor), Rank 6
    You Tube Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2