We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Soloing Angmar Instances (CarnDum, Urugarth, BaradGularan) + 3 Manning The Rift at 75

Hello fellow LOTRO players,

Now i'm sure alot of you are aware, that with an increase in level cap...lower leveled instances will argueably be easier to do and complete. Now i set myself a challenge, as a Loremaster. I had found out several people had solo'd CarnDum and Uru on thier Champions and even Captains, which is understandable. Now i thought i'd give it a shot on my Loremaster. After trailing around CD for a couple of hours i successfully managed to clear CarnDum (minus Mordirith (+ his tower bosses) + Helechgam). Now this in itself isn't a great achievement, as the majority of mobs are simple DPS race, and when traited quickly and getting heals from flanks among spending DP (yes, i used DP) i found it quite bareable, albeit the bosses in Mordirith tower i still haven't fought.

Now i was curious, has anyone else attempted to do this? And come out on top. I'm also interested in what the light armoured classes found, if they have attempted the final few bosses yet in the keep/tower thing whhere Mordirth dwells.

On another note, The Rift was easily 5-manned at 65 with a good group, which i myself accomplished (including Balrog), but i've heard or been notified that some people have also duo'd the instance? Really? That's a pretty amazing achievement, although it does sound like a "pretty white lie" when it comes to the balrog. On another interesting note, it is possible for a CHM to solo Barz (the first boss) as someone on my server has done.

The point of this thread is simple :: Has anyone else solo'd these fellowship instances? Was it easy, hard? What about the Rift? Have you successfully completed it with the odds (not really as you 25 levels higher) stacked against you?

I'm just overly curious
    [COLOR=#ffa500]Saviour of Moria, Lothlorien, Mirkwood, Eriador & OstDunhoth.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Kindred With All Factions.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Completionist - PvP/Raider.[/COLOR]
    A.D.Barnes (Ragun)

Re: Soloing Angmar Instances (CarnDum, Urugarth, BaradGularan) + 3 Manning The Rift a

I have run cd and uru on champ, cappy and rk solo at 75, just a note I am not a great player so would be easier for other people. Champ was able to kill almost everything if I set it up right, rk... rk just makes me sad. Cappy I tried but I need to really bump up my might to do enough damage to get through the mass attacks. I do know others in the kin who have solo'd these with other builds.

Re: Soloing Angmar Instances (CarnDum, Urugarth, BaradGularan) + 3 Manning The Rift a

Champion Rift Solo

Carn Dum and Urugarth are no challenge for a 75 Champion, not at all. I haven't tried the Rift myself yet as a solo Champion, but I am not a solo Champion and I fail in most cases anyway. I play mostly everything duo with my girl, she's a hunter, and we did a lot of stuff together which a lot of Champions but also Wardens can do solo. So I haven't tested my skills that much yet, but as you can see in the topic I posted above there are a lot of things do-able solo if you put your mind to it For Lore Masters however, that is a whole different story.
    Evernight - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Conjurer (Lore-master)

hardest thing i ever did was Duo barz with Captain and Burglar at 65 lvl
    also balrog wouldnt be hard to duo with guard/ward/champ+captain i think... i remember at 50lvl some people 6maned Balrog so cant be that hard to Duo now with all those mitigations and insane damage. i did it with 2 champs+2captains without killing the overseer and it went really fast

also balrog wouldnt be hard to duo with guard/ward/champ+captain i think... i remember at 50lvl some people 6maned Balrog so cant be that hard to Duo now with all those mitigations and insane damage. i did it with 2 champs+2captains without killing the overseer and it went really fast
    Yes, that is true of course. Just obviously the Hope Wipes could be a small problem + the puking ability of the RoG. He wouldn't hit hard as he is of course 50, but it would be interesting if someone did duo' it and upload it on youtube.
    Unless someone has? Anyone? :P
    [COLOR=#ffa500]Saviour of Moria, Lothlorien, Mirkwood, Eriador & OstDunhoth.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Kindred With All Factions.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Completionist - PvP/Raider.[/COLOR]
    A.D.Barnes (Ragun)

Duo'd the whole of rift, with burglar and captain. Didn't kill everseer at Balrog, just dps'd through the 10k heal. Not sure if you're looking for Moria instances also, but I've solo'd Forges HM and GS HM on my burg, a captain and champ in my kin duo'd all of DN except for the Mistress.
    MI6 - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Gothmog
    R4 Champion Erelena R9 Guardian Merebrand R12 Burglar R9 Captain R6 Hunter
    R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | R8 Warleader

I've been into Carn Dum and Urugarth solo with my 75 minstrel but didn't go all the way through simply because I got bored to quickly. I prefer playing in fellowships so there's someone to talk with . I don't doubt that the modern minstrel would be able to solo those instances completely.

Cleared all bosses in CD in 1h 50 min on my GRD. I havnt tryed the other onces yet but might do that.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Laurelin Server, Eleventy-First Kinship
    Main: Gorli - GRD lvl 100 Alts: Loreriel - LRM lvl 100, Neno - HNT lvl 87, Amorath - BUR lvl 85, Eveningstar - MNS lvl 75, Oomli - RK lvl 75

Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    Snip =]

Quote Originally Posted by edjepredje View Post
    Hallo fellow champions!

i am a champ from glirain server than has been inspired by the art of soloing since the 65 days.

now afther all the raiding with my kin, and some spare time on my hand, i went back to soloing.
    with a nice mix of aviociance jewellery and a mix of the moors and the new isen tanker
    set i went advantuering in the rift, and with succes!

i solod the whole raid up untill tharlauch, had hard time at thrang though, but i was able to get him down eventualy with some good use of the room and stairs. and i went on to the final fight.

sadly though the mechanics from the tharlauch fight makes it unable to solo it( you need to have 1 person standing with the NPC at all times in phase 2 ). with me still wanting to do it, i brought on a friend to go stand there and afk. although not to be called real solo anymore i now was able to take down the 234k of tharlauch ( and a 74k everseer) all on my own. and my friend took some nice pics of it :P i still have to figuer out how to upload those though.

has anyone else been trying the rift out for fun?

That's from a champ and friend of mine on Gilrain. He's also tried again getting just over 300K off =] but again impossible to solo balrog.

On the other two I could solo Uru and Carn Dum at 65 minus Mordrith.
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

at 75, i have. i soloed Uru at 65 (barely).

i have 6-manned the Rift since the update. that was not too tough. have no idea how less than three people could do this... could someone explain? you need one for each wheel and one to keep the 'Rog from killing Glath. do you not need someone keepign the rog busy? can one person hit both doors?

ps- the rift has been soloed (minus Balrog) by a BA capn... he even posted all the screen all the way along. i was very impressed!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    at 75, i have. i soloed Uru at 65 (barely).

i have 6-manned the Rift since the update. that was not too tough. have no idea how less than three people could do this... could someone explain? you need one for each wheel and one to keep the 'Rog from killing Glath. do you not need someone keepign the rog busy? can one person hit both doors?
    One person can go to both doors, and its easy to dps through the 10k heal with any decently geared dps (hunt/rk/burg/champ), so no need to go into Everseer room either.
    MI6 - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Gothmog
    R4 Champion Erelena R9 Guardian Merebrand R12 Burglar R9 Captain R6 Hunter
    R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | R8 Warleader

Been back to solo'ing stuff lately now that I'm approaching end-game blues. Got Helchgam/Mordirith down last week, without trying to spoil the fun of figuring it out for OP, if we can stun anything in a fight, we can win.

For Burgs, taking on the challenges the Champions set is a good way to operate. I'll be working on the Rift after I've got the pieces from the new U6 gear that I want. Also, if you want a more recent challenge.. Undurz is fun. I've had him down to 7800 morale so far without any DP/TP buffs, excluding some store bought pots, toe to toe - no kiting through the trees.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001191cc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This message is hidden because ifreborn1 is on your ignore list.

I soloed Urugarth and Carn Dum on my burglar at lvl 65. No store used.

Uru and Carn Dum have been solo'd since 65 I believe. I've done them both on my Warden before. Haven't solo'd anything in a long time though. Pre-RoI I would solo School/Lib on Warden too. You should be able to do most of the Moria ones as well. It isn't so much the damage in lower instances that you have to worry about but the mechanics of the fights. Dread is a major factor in tougher bosses.

EDIT: I'm eager to try one of the Uru/CD instances on my Warden after the Monday updates. Wardens are getting an overhaul that will make them solo gods again it seems... so we'll have to wait and see how it works out.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I soloed all of Carn Dum on my Warden at 60. Helchgam at 60 on my minstrel as well, didn't try any other bosses on minstrel though (except for the hornblower platform I guess). Warden also soloed Coldbear at 60, Valtair (when he had more than 2k morale :P), and Bogbereth of course, probably some other things I'm forgetting.

4-manned the rift at 65 on warden with a minstrel, champ, and loremaster.
    3-manned it at 75 on warden with a burglar and loremaster.

A fellow kin Warden and I duo Rift up to Balrog. We never actually got a chance to fight him because we died before the fight started(didn't really know where to go or what to do). It was a long run back and almost bed time so we decided not to attempt him again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003cfbbd/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][url="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Brandywine/Kakita/"]
    Kakita - Emerald Champion[/url] Made level 75 on 11/06/2011.

I have soloed full CD on champ, I have soloed all of Gularan except final boss where I called in a guardian to help (I tried twice and I couldn't dps him down quick enough to keep his big skills from killing me).

Rift duo'd and done properly by killing the everseer. This makes the fight harder because the balrog will use all the fight mechanics.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...about-Rift-Duo
    [IMG]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8961/wewq.png[/IMG]

soloed CD and Uru on my LM at level 65 also done the same on my warden. If my memory serves me well i also duo CD and Uru at level 60 with a cappie friend.
    [CENTER]No one notice's what i do, until i stop doing it. - A LM quote[/CENTER]

Uru was an easy solo on hunt. CD is next on my list.
    Tycho Gilcrist - 85 Man Hunter - The Noldor

I soloed rift on my cappy up to Balrog and duoed Balrog with mini. I also did bunch of other solos, but rift was the most interesting and awesome along with Pits t1 and FE t1.

I got as far as helgcham on my 60hunter solo.

To be clear, talking from a hunter's perspective
    Before 75, I never was really too interested in trying my hand at soloing lower instances, but I have always been able to solo Helchgam since lvl 60 (the slime sells really well on AH) and at 75, I've soloed all of Urugarth and all of CD except Mordirith's final room. I've duoed Mordirith multiple times, with champs, minis, LMs, and captains.
    Biggest rift accomplishment was 3 manning the entire thing with captain, warden, hunter. Watching the warden's morale spike up and down from large mob pulls turning into mass morale drains was fun. Oh, we ignored the everseer as well. 10k heal is measly.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

As a lore-master, I've soloed all of Uru (other than the warg boss, who would be easy but I didn't bother clearing the trash) and all of Carn Dum except Mordirith - I ran out of time before even getting to pull her and I haven't bothered going back in; the fights leading up to her in the keep are pretty tedious. You can see my summary of the fights here:

http://docholidaymmo.com/2011/11/07/...un-and-profit/

http://docholidaymmo.com/2011/11/28/...d-profit-pt-2/
    Lore-mastery - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

I soloed all of Urugarth (The arena and the drake were the hardest two points...), and all but the last two bosses of Carn Dum - including Helgcham - with my Champion at 75. (I couldn't get past the Wraith there. He did damage faster than my bubble cool downs refresh.) I ran both of those without maxed out Virtues or top-tier gear.
    Barad Gularan, I couldn't get past... Wisdan... I think. (The Cargul before the final boss.)
    I haven't tried to solo any other non-scaled instance.
    Main:
    Elethahil - 99 Champion, Landroval (After 10/13/15) also 50 Champion, Arkenstone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast