We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: More Update 6 previews from Bullroarer

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    The bubble nerf is disappointing. It is down to 1,131 from 1,980 at level 75. The bubble already gets one-shot off of me more often than not, now it will be gone before we even get a heal off where the induction can't be interrupted. 800 morale doesn't seem like a lot, but compare it to all the other class bubbles in the game -- or our original bubble -- and this is a pittance that probably isn't worth the time it takes to cast it anymore.
    I agree that bubble is one shotted all the time anyway.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001838d3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

That's why I think that now is the right time to merge all the anthem of war legacies, and create new with the 2 slots that would be created. I also propose to change the + targets with call of the second age to + targets with AoE skills (call of orome, cry of the wizard and valar).
    I think it's a good trade-off for the nerfs.

I´m pretty sure those nerfs have nothing to do with PvP

A Warspeech nerf in the Moors is (according to Orion) and should be coming, however those nerfs have PvE-based reasons

Before RoI it was better to bring 1 Minstrel and 1 RK than either 2 Minstrels or 2 RKs, right now the best way is to bring 2 Minstrels, because their utility is far better than RK´s and they produce the same HPS (in a style that fits Orthanc better than RK healing, because you need lots of big burst heals there)

So they buffed RKs, to bring them in line with Minstrels

I´m pretty sure the nerfs to Minstrels are because the Devs believe that the synergy of the 2 classes working together and the changes to RKs, which brings the 2 classes on the same level again, make Endgame too easy

So they had to nerf Minstrels a bit, to make room for RK improvements

Quote Originally Posted by AtzumoKayami View Post
    That's why I think that now is the right time to merge all the anthem of war legacies, and create new with the 2 slots that would be created. I also propose to change the + targets with call of the second age to + targets with AoE skills (call of orome, cry of the wizard and valar).
    I think it's a good trade-off for the nerfs.
    Damn right! You've got my vote for sensible changes. A few other things too, Gift of the Hammerhand usable on any raid member. Song of Aid / Call to Greatness needs certain elements revised to match changes to classes like the Warden and RK.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000005f6d5/01006/signature.png]Gwaithollien[/charsig]

Ninith WDN 75 | Gwaithollien CHM 75 | Cebra MIN 75 | Lylyth RK 68

Quote Originally Posted by SleekPlatypus View Post
    No, it is about PvP.
    No, it's not.

Nowhere i have seen people complain that minis are overpowered except in the moors.
    Well, this is obvious. No minstrel is going to say, "Hey, I'm OP please nerf me, Turbine." And what other class is going to say, "Minstrels are too OP, I don't want them in my group." Seriously, get some common sense.

Lets see how people like it when they require at least two minis in a raid or instance.
    Seriously? Minis are at the point of OP that you only need one healer in a raid? And you don't think they need to be nerfed?

Edit: Another possibility would be to nerf it only in PvP which would satisfy everybody. You can make minis fight naked in the moors for all i care, i actually count on that bubble for my survival in normal gameplay.
    Well, now it's obvious. You're not very good at the class and that's why you think it doesn't need to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    Well, this is obvious. No minstrel is going to say, "Hey, I'm OP please nerf me, Turbine." And what other class is going to say, "Minstrels are too OP, I don't want them in my group." Seriously, get some common sense.
    And yet, here you are doing exactly that. So, this demand for common sense then ...

Seriously? Minis are at the point of OP that you only need one healer in a raid? And you don't think they need to be nerfed?
    Either you are woefully ignorant, in which case you should really take a different tone in these discussions, or you know full well that what was meant was two Minstrels per fellowship to heal. I'm not saying I agree with SleekPlatypus that the changes to the class are getting us anywhere even remotely approaching that but your apparently wilful misunderstanding really isn't helping either yourself or your argument.

Well, now it's obvious. You're not very good at the class and that's why you think it doesn't need to be nerfed.
    Or, and here's a thought, they aren't raid or even T2 equipped. Once you get into raiding and the harder instance modes then our bubble apparently becomes something of an irrelevance, up to that point however it's a useful part of our arsenal in PvE. Though frankly the irony of a Champion raging about Minstrel bubbles is almost worth putting up with the nonsense, so please, carry on.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=3][I]"Goddess of song, teach me the story of a hero"[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001c9ba3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    I´m pretty sure those nerfs have nothing to do with PvP

So they had to nerf Minstrels a bit, to make room for RK improvements
    Hmm, I don't really agree with this. I think we kinda need to take a step back and look at the whole metagame situation.

It used to be Minstrels were the better healers, RKs had the better damage. Both could fill the role but both had their strengths. Mini DPS is nowhere near RKs, but minis had the better utility and when DPSing had better survivability.

RKs now have just as good healing with near as good utility while doing it, and still have astronomically higher damage. Really the only advantage the mini has now is self healing while in WS. So if we nerf minstrel utility and survivability (Bubble reduced to half, new incoming nerf of WS healing by 50% or more according to some of you), why would anyone role a mini? The RK does everything and more. I'm not saying the RK was fine as she was, the boost to healing and utility was needed to bring them "inline", but the nerf most people want on the minis will make PvE difficult, and DPSing as a mini a joke, and pushes us far underneath the abilities of an RK.

Not to mention, with the balland/anthem/coda wipe glitch still around, if one mini is healing it's even more risky to bring a DPS mini along a raid, and few people already do that. I really think a WS nerf will murder the mini.

Mind you, I'm coming from the PvE side of this, I'm in no way referring to moors mechanics.

Orion didn't not say there was any nerf incoming. "Yet" only implies that it is possible, but not slated. Between now and U7 "yet" could be turned into "not". They could have easily nerfed WS with U6, the coding for a reduce healing is already there, "yet" they didn't. They just buffed Wardens, do you think in the very next update they'll nerf them? Keep in mind they are in the the "yet" statement too.

IMO, they are waiting to see how things play out. In all honestly, in PvE land, minis aren't all that "OP" when compared to other classes. They are healers (almost exclusively) in group content and that is WAI. Outside of group content in PvE land they are awesomesause for sure, but then again most of the classes are. The changes we saw with U6, IMO, where to make room for RKs healers while not buffing RKs significantly.

IF...IF there is a WS nerf it will be because of PvMP and as Wilwerin noted, Turbine simply does not nerf classes for PvP reasons.

DL;DR:
    PvE minis, now are fine (they dont squeeze out RK healers)
    PvP: ......OP
    IE: No significant nerf likely, they just haven't "yet" made it official.
    Last edited by doug01; Mar 16 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2