We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dunland Explorer Deeds

Is there any way to find loactions in Dunland expolorer deeds apart from riding around blind and hoping for the best?

Re: Dunland Explorer Deeds

Which one of the deeds are you talking about? Just curious, no been sarcastic.

Last edited by Kantaryo; Mar 05 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Actually, you'll get pointed to all the locations by quests - which is kind of nice for a change, it's like free deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobengulu View Post
    Is there any way to find loactions in Dunland expolorer deeds apart from riding around blind and hoping for the best?
    You mean exploring? You can look on the map and decide what looks like a PoI.

To be honest most of the time I stumble upon those things because the quests take me there.
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

Yes, there are maps to ensure that you don't have to do any EXPLORING to get the exploration deeds.

Now if I could only finish slayer deeds without actually having to kill stuff...
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Chanah View Post
    Actually, you'll get pointed to all the locations by quests - which is kind of nice for a change, it's like free deeds.
    This is accurate. I've taken 4 toons through so far and everyone of them simply follows the quest line. They take you everywhere. You should, by default, complete every single quest completion and location completion just following the solo quests.

No, there is no ingame hint mechanism to send you in the right direction.

You can either:

1: Use the Lotro Wiki: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Deeds

2: Ask ingame

3: Ride Around blindly

4: Ride around actually looking at your map and finding spots inexplored.

5: Not complete the deeds

6: Follow questline, I think most if not all explorer deeds simply get done by doing the questline. ( Boring, I know!)

Dynmap.ruslotro.com (off the top of my head) has the best maps and locator as its identical to the game maps.

Sadly, there used to be an in-game mechanism that hinted at explorer deeds, the maps wouldn't draw in until you had been to an area, so you knew where you needed to go if you didn't have something (it was called "fog of war" and removed a while ago).

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Sadly, there used to be an in-game mechanism that hinted at explorer deeds, the maps wouldn't draw in until you had been to an area, so you knew where you needed to go if you didn't have something (it was called "fog of war" and removed a while ago).
    The Fog of War was useless for finding Points of Interest. The FOW cleared as soon as you put your toe in any part of the area. A POI is much smaller than an area.

Had Turbine had done a finer grained FOW that you could use to find POIs. I would have missed the FOW.

In order to find a POI, you had to:

1) Wander blindly around the area. Trying to find the Flets in Lothlorien was one such example. Most of the flets didn't have any quest or other content element that would send you close enough to the flet to see the guards, ladder or the wooden platform up in the tree.

2) Be lead to the POI by a content piece.

3) Use Ruslotro or some other spolier (like ask in chat) that gave you the latitude and longitude.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks for the replies guys, just because I have levelled to 75 means there is no reason to do quests, don't get any XP from them, and have acheived kindred with all factions excluding the Eldgang so riding around seems like the only choiceI have. Must say that since I started this thread I have found 3 of the locations I was looking for. Still looking for 3 in Bonnevales and a couple in Heathfells and 1 in Isendale. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and find a loot box (invisible up to now) on my searches.

Lotro-Wiki and the dynamic map has already been named as helpers; as a further advice, it helps to set the game to windowed mode (via general options) while doing explorer deeds because tabbing to the browser only takes one click. LotrO runs very well windowed.

There is a good ingame helper though, a plugin called compendium and a maptool named Moormaps. Those two work together and can be downloaded from lotrointerface.com. Takes a bit getting used to it, but its the most convenient way.