We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this server dead?

Ok,I stopped playing about a week after the expansion pack that took you to level 75 came out. Plenty of people were playing. Normal to run around Bree with tons of people everywhere. I re-downloaded LotRo yesterday. So, now if I go around Bree I'll be lucky if I see maybe even a tenth of the people I saw before. I'm only a level 50 hunter so I've been stuck at Bree doing instances with the leftover enhanced exp until I buy the next expansion pack. But is it because everyone is ahead of me here or am I just imagining things here? Anyone else notice this?

Re: Is this server dead?

If you come to Galtrev (the "new bree"), your computer will lag cuz of all the people :P get to lvl 75 and join us!
    And though we may not be the highest populated server, Dwarrowdelf has a great base of players. (at least, IMO)
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

I would try another server. Dwarrowdelf seems more like a 75 server really, most people seem to get up to 75 within a month or two, and it seems that all the new players are just alts of 75's getting ready to race up again. A server like Landroval (RE) is much more populated and has a steady flow of new players coming in.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

Lol just join massive dynamics

We have all levels, and were prolly the only kin you will see everywhere and all places simultaniously, we litterally spread out everywhere.

You may be in a different instance of bree, or Like you initially thought (Gut feelings always right) There just moving up in teh world,

You will be fine, and there can be lots of help out there, Just keep looking, and make sure to use /regional chat as well as /glff asltho warning most things in glff are 75+

at 50 You would be great starting the pic quest chane in Eregion Start with volume 2
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Vol._II._Prologue_Que sts

T
    he prolog will get you started, This will get you yoru first 2 sets of LI's as well as at least lvl 55 to 57 By the time your done with them

Its not that hard, most start at 45, after your done with the volume 2 Epic (Keep in mind all epic quests are free to play) Try vol 3 xD

Dont sit around bree doing menial tasks all day, switch to teh epicS tHERE worth alot more xp and alot more cooler Items
    even for free to play players

I myself am in the upper 60's and i am f2p as well xD

Good luck mate xD
    [RIGHT]Founder & Leader Massive Dynamics 2011 - 2013
    Founder & Leader Global Dynamics 2012 - current
    Co Founder We Eat Your Babies 2012
    Fulksayyan - Haggenrat - Harksayyan - Canthrondell[/RIGHT]

^ Couldn't help yourself, could ya Faulks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070578/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Dwarrow is alive and well. But I'd have to agree with what was stated previously...definitely a 75-esque server.
    Aellor - 95 mini |Aelran - 93 burg|Aellea - 95 capt|Aelnor - 95 guard|Aeldorf - 69 champ
    Also Aellora, Aelbert, Aelson, Aelriel, Aelorn.

i like this server....at least around my level available areas, its quiet enough to be realistic for rping, but busy enough in the towns that when you ask something it gets answered

Quote Originally Posted by richsabre View Post
    i like this server....at least around my level available areas, its quiet enough to be realistic for rping, but busy enough in the towns that when you ask something it gets answered
    I find it a little too quiet for rping, never came across another role player in game yet. The funny thing is, so many people have role playing turned on and yet none of them role play. Just last week I saw a 75 with RP on, so I began chatting, and I got a tell saying "###" and then "lol your a creeper". Sigh if only it did not cost 25 dollars to leave.

Anyways sorry for ranting :P But yeah have had to get upper level friends to do GB with my gaurd so they can pull and I can practice tanking. Been trying for 2 weeks to find a GB group that has all 20's and not a random 56 hunter taking all the aggro, but no luck yet.

So is it dead? No. Its just everyone is in Dunland. Turbine reallllllllly needs to make this the default server for a bit
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyorr123 View Post

So is it dead? No. Its just everyone is in Dunland. Turbine reallllllllly needs to make this the default server for a bit
    Lol we get our turn in a couple of months, You see we as a f2p launch world cycle into server default mode around the time the new expansion shows up, SO for about 2 months after the new expansion, dwarrow becomes the largest populated server, and then as ppl realize f2p doesen't mean Heres a vip sub go knock your socks off It thins out.

we get really strong late summers, and falls, Early winter it starts to thin out again, and then probably for the next 4 or 5 months we will start seeing less and less, and then , we will get to meet all the new long term players that are here for the long haul. then we rinse lather and repeat.

Actually from a recruiting standpoint i think we are one of the luckiest servers, as we coincide so close to expansion release dates with our server default

^ Couldn't help yourself, could ya Faulks
    Why would i even want to try? Helping myself? Naa im into helping others !
    [RIGHT]Founder & Leader Massive Dynamics 2011 - 2013
    Founder & Leader Global Dynamics 2012 - current
    Co Founder We Eat Your Babies 2012
    Fulksayyan - Haggenrat - Harksayyan - Canthrondell[/RIGHT]

Re : Is this server dead?

I left right before the expansion was released, and only came back a month or so ago. There are definitely far fewer people than there used to be in the lower-level areas - even in mid-level areas like Rivendell, Evendim, Forochel, etc.

Bree isn't as packed as it used to be - it used to be hard to get around without running into other people - but today, within 3 seconds of entering the town, I got a blind kin invite. I consider the frequency of blind invitations to be the measure of how Bree-ish Bree still is. Michel Delving also retains its fair share of people as well.

Going to have to agree with someone above though - I wish it didn't cost $25 to transfer. I would definitely have moved my characters over to Landroval by now. But I can hardly justify my subscription, much less paying for character transfers.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039a37/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Gaerien - Elf - Tinker | Laelia - Hobbit - Explorer
    Midhiel - Elf - Rune-Keeper | Elwyna - Woman - Captain[/CENTER]

The server was particularly busy in the low level areas around the time the expansion was released because it was the default server at the time. Most of the servers are pretty quiet in the low level areas, except a few of the biggest ones.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Agost View Post
    If you come to Galtrev (the "new bree"), your computer will lag cuz of all the people :P get to lvl 75 and join us!
    pics or no proof :O (happened this evening)

Last edited by Sampo; Mar 11 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Hurzu R10 Stalker - Bushyasta R7 Warleader
    Sampoo R8 Minstrel