We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Lore-masters & Audacity

Quote Originally Posted by rhegan View Post
    Do you have a link to the new EM sets? I've only stumbled onto the crafted items list so far, I think.
    Sure , posted them few days ago .

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...w-LM-PvMP-Sets

For myself, as a relatively inexperienced moors loremaster, one of CC's functions for me is to change the momentum of the fight by giving the opportunity to get a big hit off (or sometimes, e.g. in a small group, debuffing); when I went into the moors yesterday, I really felt two things that were pretty obvious from the Dev Diary description of Audacity: there's a smaller window in which to get [hopefully] uninterrupted big skills or debuffs off; and the big skills hit for noticeably less. It's now much more difficult to get control of a fight, which is so crucial considering there are so few self-heal skills to fall back on if things go badly. I'm no expert, but I reckon it will take some time to get used to. If I were a creep, I would definitely see most loremasters as easy kills now.

Speaking as someone who wasn't quite moors-experienced enough to easily win most 1 on 1s even before the update, the changes felt crippling even with few creeps having gotten more than 1 or 2 audacity (just a guess, but I went out there two hours after the update).

Loremasters new to the moors are the ones to really feel for, the learning curve will be very steep indeed...

i hve found a warg, i'm death .-.

Really useless any stun become a fail ... i can't use any skill only staff or wizard ...
    With audacity atm i take too much damage more then before the Update ... 600 700 from any warg skill is realy big damage tbh ...

Lore master take all damage, 0 defence, a lot of resist and induction skill and only one heal.
    How much inner flame such in the year !?!?!?
    Really hard for me to survive atm :S

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post
    i hve found a warg, i'm death .-.

Really useless any stun become a fail ... i can't use any skill only staff or wizard ...
    With audacity atm i take too much damage more then before the Update ... 600 700 from any warg skill is realy big damage tbh ...

Lore master take all damage, 0 defence, a lot of resist and induction skill and only one heal.
    How much inner flame such in the year !?!?!?
    Really hard for me to survive atm :S
    Don't think this is a result of audacity. In fact, doesn't seem like a lot has changed. Wargs don't seem to be much harder unless they're in a pack. Reavers are still killable with just standing in place.

Weavers are a lot harder. Yesterday, the first full day of U6, I was pretty much 50/50 against spiders which was pretty bad.

Otherwise, not much has changed

I'm Fellrotten: http://dailystats.theblackappendage....oard/Landroval
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. [url=https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/showthread.php?370017-Skirmish-LT-meta-deed-mount/]Embarassing Completionist[/url]
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

U6 has basically killed my desire to go to the Moors unless there's a freep raid or zerg. I'm traited red line, and pre-U6 I felt the balance in 1v1s was pretty good, winning some fights, losing some to decently ranked creeps independent of their class. In small groups, pre-U6 I was used to being targeted a lot, but now I am the first target every fight and die fast. Soloing is almost impossible unless I am fighting greenies.

Maybe I just need to re-trait....red-line is no longer viable for solo or small group play in the Moors. Poor cc, long inductions, no heals (bar WoTC) and light armour = fail

Wargs in particular have become too OP relative to lore-masters. Wargs that gave me pretty close fights before now kill me before I can even get them to 75% health (even using man-heal).

I only really started to PVP recently, mainly doing it as "end-game" when I get bored of alts. If any more experienced LMs have any advice to make my solo U6 experience better (traits etc), that would be most welcome!
    Last edited by Jimbly; Mar 14 2012 at 05:45 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000000321e/01003/signature.png]Anda[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbly View Post
    Maybe I just need to re-trait....red-line is no longer viable for solo or small group play in the Moors. Poor cc, long inductions, no heals (bar WoTC) and light armour = fail
    That doesn't really follow. If you WEREN'T MoNF (red-line) your inductions would be longer and you'd still have no CC. CC doesn't exist pre-Audacity or post-Audacity. All of our stuns/roots/mezzes are just glorious little moment to gain separation to do inductions. If you weren't red line, you'd have longer inductions and the SAME cc duration. CC is going to be milliseconds regardless of how you trait, so might as well go red-line.

I know it's only been one day but I don't feel a big difference. Spiders arn't nerfed anymore. That's the only different to me. They're fun to fight again.

I trait 5 reds + Dunedain Learning + Fast Loader

The reds I consider useless are Knowledge of the past (power restore) and knowledge of storms (storm-lore)
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. [url=https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/showthread.php?370017-Skirmish-LT-meta-deed-mount/]Embarassing Completionist[/url]
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

i feel stronger than ever before with audacity. I survive longer and still have big hits. With full ettens set i will have lots and lots of more crit, 10% extra fire damage, more morale, and 5 seconds extra BF duration - reduced to 5 second long daze for a creep with maxed out audacity, which is still plenty of time to put in skills. I don't see how people can whine about this? Maybe put som effort in your tactics/gear, and most of you will experience the same.

Quote Originally Posted by soccercake7 View Post
    That doesn't really follow. If you WEREN'T MoNF (red-line) your inductions would be longer and you'd still have no CC. CC doesn't exist pre-Audacity or post-Audacity. All of our stuns/roots/mezzes are just glorious little moment to gain separation to do inductions. If you weren't red line, you'd have longer inductions and the SAME cc duration. CC is going to be milliseconds regardless of how you trait, so might as well go red-line.

I know it's only been one day but I don't feel a big difference. Spiders arn't nerfed anymore. That's the only different to me. They're fun to fight again.

The reds I consider useless are Knowledge of the past (power restore) and knowledge of storms (storm-lore)
    Sup sup Fell, curious what your take is now that, while a lot of the high ranked creeps are gone, the ones that are still out there on a regular basis are approaching or are at Aud 7?

From a Creep perspective, I do great 1v1 on either my warg or defiler. But in group vs group raid/raid we are having a much harder time burning down your healers due to Aud on freepside.

Anyways, some interesting stuff on this thread that was educational for me.

Question: I understand that, just as for serious heals defilers have inductions, LMs have big inductions for Damage. What kind of induction timers are we talking? Big damage = 3 seconds or so, with lots of 2 and 2.5 seconds inductions? or am I way off.

cheers, Wyver

Quote Originally Posted by soccercake7 View Post

Knowledge of storms was updated when isengard came out. I will never unslot this trait now. It adds +25% damage to both lightning-storm and storm-lore.

The thing about RoI and Audacity is that it has limited viable winning playstyles for a solo lm. I was able to enjoy a more robust configuration of attacks on different creeps prior to ROI, and now to stand a chance you have to do the right skill combos at the right time - and sometimes you still die. After ROI i went out to the moors at 75 and wargs would continually set back my Lotrd (fastest lm induction). That is when I started playing my champ out there.

The discrepency between where lms where at lvl 65 vs lvl 75 in the moors is enormous, considering the morale pools that must be burned through now, and the reduction in light armour effectiveness. You get one semi useful mez that buys you enough time to put a slow on, and any half decent creep will have put a slow on you as well, pretty much nullyfying it. Lm 1v1 is now a dps race to hit your burst damage before your squished, where CttV and WotC pretty much get used every fight. Adapt to survive, right? Lms are forced to use melee skills now to put out enough dps in a 1v1. Id rather melee on a melee class.

Lms need some love. Lowering the scale of induction set backs would be a good first step. I mean its kind of sad that even a mob 50 lvls below me can set my induction back the same amount as one thats on lvl dont ya think? The bottom line is its too frustrating to constantly not finish inductions out there. We have parables now, but they are like a bandaid for a deep wound - a mechanism that needs to be updated to current parameters of dps.

The easiest solution to regain some equality is to make tar instant cast like a spiders web, and that could even out the cc nerf (audacity) crucial to lm survivability.

Anyways that's my two cents Ive been wanting to chime in for a while. I know its on an old thread (newest in search), but I couldnt bear sifting through all the threads asking about how flanking works.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000007e90/signature.png]Esthero[/charsig]

Vertigo - 65 Captain - Pariah
    Escyndir - 65 Champion - Pariah
    Dartsk - Murder Herd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3