We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Symphony of the Hopeful Heart penetrations??

So my higher level mini mentor never traits/uses this skill, and I've never seen any other mini use it either...

Increasing damage 3% is good, 4% more morale with bigger morale pools now is good...

But what I don't understand is the Piercing Finale buff given when leaving the area of effect...

Trying it out, nothing shows up/changes in avoidances or anything else I can see in the character panel.

Does anyone have any idea what resistance penetration is in a nonsexual, lotro context?

Does anyone have any idea what avoidance penetration is?

Anyone have any idea why it doesn't just affect the resistance and b/p/e ratings?

I can think of several bosses (Sch/Lib, GBs, Fangorn, D-Unleashed, Foundry) that just stay in one place, where this could be used, any other comments on traiting/using it, or should I just drop it from my skill bars?

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Re: Symphony of the Hopeful Heart penetrations??

It has no effect on your stats. It makes your attacks ignore some amount resistance/avoidance on your target. It's like Finesse. The bonus is fairly trivial, especially now that most DPS classes build for 5k Finesse anyway.

That said, for a 4B3Y or a 4Y3B build, there isn't exactly many other legendary traits to choose from after the mandatory Rally and Fellowship's Heart, so Symphony of Hopeful Heart does get played a lot. It's a useful skill. +10% incoming heal is not insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya View Post
    It makes your attacks ignore some amount resistance/avoidance on your target.
    Ooohhh... Thank you, it never occurred to me it would be a buff for your attacks, or a debuff for their resistances to your attacks (kind of a double-negative, heh), my brain just wasn't wrapping around it that way. :-)

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I trait wizzards instead just because a circle on the floor tends to confuse/lag some people
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002316d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I was a opponent of the change when they did it, not becuase its not better then the skill that had almost no use with game change at moria, but with the ideal that you could drop a hotspot into a instance with a boss and expect people to be able to stand there. Almost every instance has a dynamic of movement, especially after the moria cluster. The new ones are a constant weave and ect.

I still would like to see this skill adapated to be a group wide buff that lasts 2 mins with a 10 min cooldown that maybe has a li attached to it. I was slapped pretty hard at the time this was changed with people who only saw the writing on the wall then, not what future encounters would look like. Turbine creates boss instances with movement, thats what they do now. If they are going to make a hotspot, it should be a banner effect (HERALDS FLAG!) that creates a 3-40 meter within the hotspot.

Ive been playing around and added it back in. At the moment im doing the 4 blue 3 yellow to see how it plays. But ya, probably would be more useful to just do cry of the wizards.

Im glad they reworked this skill, but again, it was reworked too late in the shifting game to be overall effective today.

Get rid of the the resistance effect buff, change it to a good 40 meter Heralds Flag, that gives a +10% incoming heal and a outgoing damage buff of some sort. This would be legendary.

For anything thats truly movement base it will probably just sit there, so if your already traiting 4 blues, you might want to go to 5, at least SoS can spike fairly high on your tank all the time that way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000001f0d6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    75's: Mevelvith (HNT), Carfail (LM), Anglegas (CHN), Silverwinds (RK), Prada (Burg)
    SeaofStars(WD) Upnext: 12 CPT Lanmoir

the legendary legacy of soliloqui is a joke. Use the Hope area. Why?

-Before the update had many tanks the incoming healing to the fullest, the "hope are" was less useful. With the update of Isengard many tanks have not maxed your incoming healing.
    -The soliloqui is useless when you go in raid. Well, it is always useless.
    - "penetration resistance" and "penetration avoidance" = Finesse. It is not accurate but it is a very close comparison. Now the Finesse is very important so when you want a fast and strong DPS is a help.
    -The new pulls of the Raid are difficult and confined spaces. That makes the whole raid has a +10% incoming healing, and when they all go to another site will have something more finesse for 30 seconds, and that's not bad.
    - In the bosses is not useful, but for example in the "frost and flame" and the "shadow boss" if you have the skill you will use.

-In the instances of 3 and 6 is another matter. In the foundry ... not you will use. But in the pits of Isengard and Fangorn can be helpful. But nothing major.

-The theme of hope +5. If your fellow has thrown a token will not have a +10 to hope. Do not overlap.

Still should improve this skill. Turn up the incoming healing and give bonuses to critical defense, or something like that.