We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1

    New Armor on Bullroarer

    PvP sets, for those interested. The Harmonious set is the only one I care for atm. Aesthetics make me cringe though..




    Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Mar 02 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  2. #2

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Big fan of the stats... all that will/vital and critical especially on the dps set. The heal set bonuses seem pretty awesome too. Not so much the 3rd, noble cause CDs...?
    only thing it lacks is tact mitigation, but all that vitality may make up for it I suppose. And better cosmetics lol, geez those are awful yet again!!!

    Thanks for the post!>:] guess it's time to prepare to grind for yet another set....
    Are you watching closely?

  3. #3

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Thank you for sharing. The Dissonance set looks very nice indeed, and the cosmetics could be a lot worse in my opinion. The setbonus for the Harmonious set is very interesting though, might be good for charging a group of Blackarrows. Too bad the set lacks critrating, otherwise it'd be my number 1 no doubt.

    Edit @ Feathalion: cosmetics seem more lotr-wise to me than the Angalskald set for example. At least I can imagine this set to be worn in the movies.
    Last edited by Oridoc; Mar 02 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    [center]Asylum - [EN] Gilrain[/center]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    213

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Will there be a rank associated with getting these?
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Riddermark/Hocus"]
    [/URL] [/CENTER]

  5. #5

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by Daredent View Post
    Will there be a rank associated with getting these?
    No I believe they removed the rank-gate for the armour.

    Too bad we have to lose the +25% call critical multiplier from the Orthanc set, but I guess Audacity is needed in the Ettenmoors. I think I'm gonna go for a 2/2/2 mix, giving me 457 vitality, 417 will, 3204 finesse, 1760 critical rating, 2112 tactical mastery rating, 465 morale and 6 audacity. You don't have any 5 or 3-piecebonusses then, but the 2-piecebonusses are awesome.
    [center]Asylum - [EN] Gilrain[/center]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    313

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Hurray for radiance...err i mean audacity. Anyone else think these sets are terribad (other than creeps)? I love the pieces that have half the will/tac master of the comparable ToO set pieces. We lose sooo much offence with these sets. The only one I would consider getting is the healing set as I could still cap outgoing healing with more will heavy jewellry. But good lord the dps set is just a waste compared to the current ToO set. And if I ever run dps in the moors I would be forced to wear this garbage with the new radiance...audacity setup. Yay for being pigeonholed. So glad I'm too busy with ToO to have time to pvp, that would just be awful

    Turbine never learns.

    Oh and where is that new pvp zone?
    Last edited by swordmonkey; Mar 02 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    -Findaratos mini ~ Shock and Awe
    -Fingolfinfelagund champ ​~ Professional Awesome

  7. #7

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    The 5 Orthanc DPS set bonus doesn't work, and never has. For those dismissing these sets by virtue of the the ToO set.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    313

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    The 5 Orthanc DPS set bonus doesn't work, and never has. For those dismissing these sets by virtue of the the ToO set.
    Yeah you still lose all that offence though. And of course the new sets won't have any bugs right? Going 2/2/2 is for sure going to be the only way to use this garbage, unless you want to go for the straight healing set.
    Last edited by swordmonkey; Mar 02 2012 at 12:25 PM.
    -Findaratos mini ~ Shock and Awe
    -Fingolfinfelagund champ ​~ Professional Awesome

  9. #9

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    I know its a PVP set but that SOS bonus could reek havoc if you try to use that in an environment raid. You can't be willy nilly removing things. Yikes!!!

    Imagine 2 people withe the acid disease bomb both with SOS on them. Would be a cool video.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    313

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by xadoor View Post
    I know its a PVP set but that SOS bonus could reek havoc if you try to use that in an environment raid. You can't be willy nilly removing things. Yikes!!!

    Imagine 2 people withe the acid disease bomb both with SOS on them. Would be a cool video.
    I can't wait to wipe my group in acid haha.
    -Findaratos mini ~ Shock and Awe
    -Fingolfinfelagund champ ​~ Professional Awesome

  11. #11

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    The 5 Orthanc DPS set bonus doesn't work, and never has. For those dismissing these sets by virtue of the the ToO set.
    I disagree. I have seen a difference in the call to war crits if I have the set bonus. Call to Fate has critted over 3K with the bonus, without it is 2.5K ish max.
    Are you watching closely?

  12. #12

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    The 5 Orthanc DPS set bonus doesn't work, and never has. For those dismissing these sets by virtue of the the ToO set.
    Really? It seems to enhance my critical output on call skills. Where did you get that information?
    [center]Asylum - [EN] Gilrain[/center]

  13. #13

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    It does not work. Find yourself a testing dummy and some swap gear and try for yourself.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Are the new mini armor sets just for PvP, or should I start saving my seals instead of investing in the Orthanc healing set?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000237c76/signature.png]Megaren[/charsig]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    341

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Theyr just for PVP, they have a new audencity stat that works only in the Moors.

    1 Audencity = about -5% less incoming damage, -10% less time being CC'd and -3% less power costs to skills in the moors.

    So full set is an about -30% less incoming damage, -50% less time being CC'd and -18% less power costs in the moors.

    Tbh I doubt anything can kill a minstrel with full set of this in the Moors.. solo atleast

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, California
    Posts
    5,589

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Will we be able to directly barter our current 75 set for this "forced" armor? What is going to be the conversions commendation wise for crests and brooches? If we have to grind commendations for new armor we are going to be able to spend over 10kI per season but are only going to be able to store 10k max, is that correct?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

    For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

  17. #17

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell View Post
    Will we be able to directly barter our current 75 set for this "forced" armor? What is going to be the conversions commendation wise for crests and brooches? If we have to grind commendations for new armor we are going to be able to spend over 10kI per season but are only going to be able to store 10k max, is that correct?
    You can't barter old armor for these sets. The conversion rate is abysmal, like 5-1 per item. 10k commendation is indeed the max.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,025

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    I got the fullset of the healing pvp armor last night and tested it for several hours in the Ettenmoors on Bullroarer.

    Let me just say that SoS removing 5 wounds/diseases/poisons/fears every 2 seconds for 10 seconds on a 30 second CD... IS AMAZING. That armor is pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself.

    Also, in all my 1v1s, the only class I died to was a Reaver, and that was only because they hit Dying Rage and I didn't notice. On the other hand, fights are longer now because we do less damage to creeps and they do less damage to us, especially with Audacity (I tested fighting with and without Audacity and really, the difference wasn't that large, although it was noticeable). My damage was very reduced based on how it is now on live. Gone will be the days of 3-shotting a creep, especially if they've invested in Audacity at all. By rank 7, any creep will be able to have -30% damage reduction, which is pretty huge.

    I have not tested how many commendations we get for healing yet. Will try to organize something for that later.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

  19. #19

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    I got the fullset of the healing pvp armor last night and tested it for several hours in the Ettenmoors on Bullroarer.

    Let me just say that SoS removing 5 wounds/diseases/poisons/fears every 2 seconds for 10 seconds on a 30 second CD... IS AMAZING. That armor is pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself.

    Also, in all my 1v1s, the only class I died to was a Reaver, and that was only because they hit Dying Rage and I didn't notice. On the other hand, fights are longer now because we do less damage to creeps and they do less damage to us, especially with Audacity (I tested fighting with and without Audacity and really, the difference wasn't that large, although it was noticeable). My damage was very reduced based on how it is now on live. Gone will be the days of 3-shotting a creep, especially if they've invested in Audacity at all. By rank 7, any creep will be able to have -30% damage reduction, which is pretty huge.

    I have not tested how many commendations we get for healing yet. Will try to organize something for that later.
    I can't even imagine how upset this set makes Weavers. I definitely think it is the way to go, mostly b/c I think everyone will be grouping now and healing will be the new burst DPS.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,025

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    I can't even imagine how upset this set makes Weavers. I definitely think it is the way to go, mostly b/c I think everyone will be grouping now and healing will be the new burst DPS.
    Definitely. My creep is a Weaver and it's going to suck to watch SoS remove all my poison stacks. Fortunately, it's not the entire duration of the skill, only the first 10 seconds after application, but due to creep skill cooldowns the set is still going to be pretty game-changing for healing in the moors.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, California
    Posts
    5,589

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    PvP sets, for those interested. The Harmonious set is the only one I care for atm. Aesthetics make me cringe though..

    For me this is a net nerf to my current set up:

    Current Set Up: 619 will / 307 vit / 96 fate/ 1070 Tac Mast / +495 raw morale (~165 vit) / +102icpr / +328 crit / 1771 Finesse

    This set : 504 will / 436 vit / 0 fate / 1401 tac mast / 0 raw morale / 0 icpr / +1408 tac crit / 3000 Finesse

    So lets see totals (including set bonuses):

    -115 will

    -108 morale total

    -96 fate

    -102 icpr

    -769 tact mast (due loss of 115 w)

    +1080 tact crit

    +1229 finesse

    In what world is an across the board nerf anything to be excited about? But if I want the benefits of Audacity I have to agree to this. This is pretty sad as our armor is supposed to improve as the game proceeds but no, we have to downgrade.

    And why are people excited about SoS set bonus, I mean is anyone really having an issue with DoT's. I know I don't die because of DoT's anymore in 1v1's, 1v2's, 1v3's...it is the direct damage. My HoT's negate the DoT's. If the set bonus said " reflects one of the 3 VT's" coming at you then I would get excited.

    These armour sets are once again...lame but hey grin and bear it if you want Audacity.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

    For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

  22. #22

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell View Post
    For me this is a net nerf to my current set up:

    Current Set Up: 619 will / 307 vit / 96 fate/ 1070 Tac Mast / +495 raw morale (~165 vit) / +102icpr / +328 crit / 1771 Finesse

    This set : 504 will / 436 vit / 0 fate / 1401 tac mast / 0 raw morale / 0 icpr / +1408 tac crit / 3000 Finesse

    So lets see totals (including set bonuses):

    -115 will

    -108 morale total

    -96 fate

    -102 icpr

    -769 tact mast (due loss of 115 w)

    +1080 tact crit

    +1229 finesse

    In what world is an across the board nerf anything to be excited about? But if I want the benefits of Audacity I have to agree to this. This is pretty sad as our armor is supposed to improve as the game proceeds but no, we have to downgrade.

    And why are people excited about SoS set bonus, I mean is anyone really having an issue with DoT's. I know I don't die because of DoT's anymore in 1v1's, 1v2's, 1v3's...it is the direct damage. My HoT's negate the DoT's. If the set bonus said " reflects one of the 3 VT's" coming at you then I would get excited.

    These armour sets are once again...lame but hey grin and bear it if you want Audacity.
    New Weaver and Warg are very debuff heavy.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, California
    Posts
    5,589

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    New Weaver and Warg are very debuff heavy.
    They wont be solo and taking 5 debuffs off will do nothing...if they are solo, they're gonna die whether there are debuffs on or not.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

    For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

  24. #24

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Really not looking forward having to sacrifice my current gear for audacity. Seems to me all I am getting out of this are worse stats, more grind, and a large polarization of PvMP gear vs. PvE gear, since PvE gear seems like it will no longer be viable in the moors. I'll hope for the best.

  25. #25

    Re: New Armor on Bullroarer

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell View Post
    They wont be solo and taking 5 debuffs off will do nothing...if they are solo, they're gonna die whether there are debuffs on or not.
    Curing 5 debuffs will be pretty major vs these classes. But yeah, you'd still stomp them solo without it. I'm not saying the set is amazing...it isn't. The stats are inferior. But given what we have the healing set is the best, and an audacity set is necessarily.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload