We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Advice requested for a recently returned Minstrel

Having burnt out somewhat in Moria, at the end of last year, I took a break in a certain other newly launched MMO. As the new game feeling dissipated, I decided that it was time to have another go at Moria and perhaps finally get a character to cap.

In just a few short months, a lot seems to have changed, including all the xp on my Legendaries. I'm floundering around now, feeling as if my Minstrel isn't quite as she was.

I mostly solo, so rarely heal groups and would like some advice on which traits would be best, which stats I should focus on and what best to spend xp or legendaries for my sword and song book. She is currently lvl 59.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Trulie Greenfinch[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#00ff00]Minstrel[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#daa520]Seaverse [/COLOR]- [COLOR=#ffd700]Laurelin
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#4b0082]Ailys Goldenacre[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]-[/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Seaverse[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#afeeee]Laurelin[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Re: Advice requested for a recently returned Minstrel

For approaching the cap, anything with Will, Fate, or Vitality never hurts. (I'm looking at you, Wisdom and Idealism). No one ever disliked Zeal, and I'm personally partial to Loyalty.

If you do a lot of solo operation, then you'll be spending your time in War-Speech, so focus your class traits and LIs along that end. As far as my personal preference on class traits for War-Speech, I lean towards Armor of Song, Unrelenting, Powerful Voice, Enduring Morale, and Light in the Dark on red-side (because I use Call to War as one of my legendaries), with Absolute Pitch and Smooth Voice to help regulate power flow (since I use Minor Ballad a LOT). If any of those aren't completed yet, then my backups would probably be Discordant Melody and/or Improved Echoes of Battle)
    Last edited by Casilune; Mar 02 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll give them a try
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Trulie Greenfinch[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#00ff00]Minstrel[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#daa520]Seaverse [/COLOR]- [COLOR=#ffd700]Laurelin
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#4b0082]Ailys Goldenacre[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]-[/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Seaverse[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#afeeee]Laurelin[/COLOR][/SIZE]

If you want to chat about the class (not that I'm an expert by any means) give me a shout in-game.

ETA: In terms of legacies, I'd advise steering clear of any Anthem-enhancing ones if you're just intending to solo. Go for direct damage legacies instead (Piercing Cry, etc.) and then buff your self heals.
    Last edited by Binidj; Mar 03 2012 at 09:42 AM.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=3][I]"Goddess of song, teach me the story of a hero"[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001c9ba3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]