We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    how to lock items so they won't sell?

    I'm able to lock items when I'm at a vendor but not when i'm looking in my bags while questing.

    As I forget what items I need to Lock/sell when i'm at the vendor i've sold things and had to purchase them back, bla! is there anyway to lock items from your inventory? I'd much rather be able to lock them in inventory when i'm out and about so I don't have to remember later.

    No biggie, just wondering.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000049aeba/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Death is the reunification of the soul and universe

  2. #2

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    It is possible, though I don't remember the default key for it.

    Use Alt+click to select the item.

    You can check the options screen under keymapping to find what the key is for lock/unlock items. (The default key assignment is Ctrl + something, but I forget what, since I changed mine to Alt+L which I could remember easier.)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanecantrips View Post
    I'm able to lock items when I'm at a vendor but not when i'm looking in my bags while questing.

    As I forget what items I need to Lock/sell when i'm at the vendor i've sold things and had to purchase them back, bla! is there anyway to lock items from your inventory? I'd much rather be able to lock them in inventory when i'm out and about so I don't have to remember later.

    No biggie, just wondering.
    If you select the item (alt-leftclick) and then hit CTRL-T, that should toggle the lock/unlock.

    (note: CTRL-T was the default for me, but if that does not work, check your keybinds list in options.)

  4. #4

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    I've heard there's a keyboard shortcut to lock items like that...something like Shift+something-or-other, but don't recall what it was. It might be listed in the Options menu for keyboard commands.
    New Player? Check out this chart for Quest Pack access for different accounts/purchases. [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427692-LotRO-Account-Quest-Pack-Access-Chart&p=5778210#post5778210[/URL]

    German version here: [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?429055-HdRO-chart[/URL]

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000179b7/signature.png]Kualo[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heywood, Lancs
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Use Left-Shift + Left-Mouse Button to select the item ... (it will show as your target)

    Then use Ctrl+T to lock / unlock item

    This will work even if the item is non vendorable
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

  6. #6

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    This is going to save me a lot of time, thank you so much!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000049aeba/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Death is the reunification of the soul and universe

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    Use Left-Shift + Left-Mouse Button to select the item ... (it will show as your target)

    Then use Ctrl+T to lock / unlock item

    This will work even if the item is non vendorable
    Has anyone tried this recently? I tried it last night and left-shift + left-click did not select the item (it did not show as my target), so ctrl+t did nothing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001ed571/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyzen View Post
    Has anyone tried this recently? I tried it last night and left-shift + left-click did not select the item (it did not show as my target), so ctrl+t did nothing.
    For my setup (Turbine, U.S. install), the default has always been alt-leftclick to select an item, not left shift. Does that work?

  9. #9

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    I've always found it easiest to just point my cursor at the lock symbol on the item and click on it. 1 click locked, 2nd click unlocked.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    1,909

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    I've always found it easiest to just point my cursor at the lock symbol on the item and click on it. 1 click locked, 2nd click unlocked.
    That is only when you are in the vendor interface, though, yes? Or is there some add-on that puts it in the bag UI?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    For my setup (Turbine, U.S. install), the default has always been alt-leftclick to select an item, not left shift. Does that work?
    YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

    /bow to Thornglen
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001ed571/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #12

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    That is only when you are in the vendor interface, though, yes? Or is there some add-on that puts it in the bag UI?
    Probably only with the vendor as that's when I sort mine into keep and go piles.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: how to lock items so they won't sell?

    After the patch alt + click no longer selects items for me. Did something change?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload