We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Installing Mithril Edition and Other Questions

So far I have gotten 1 email with a code. Hopefully I will get 2 more because I ordered 3 copies. I have already contacted them via online before I got this one email so will wait & see.

I pre-ordered two Mithril Editions and was reassured by the Gamestop manager that my bonus 500 TP code would be on the receipt when I picked them up. Of course it wasn't and he had no info on where I could get one. He said they always print out a code. At any rate, today, 3/1, I called him back after reading some of these posts and he actually read out the two looong codes so I wouldnt have to come in. I dont hate Gamestop so much anymore.

I had to reread this thread of posts to find out I needed to input the code in-game through the lotro store, not where you sign in and put in the original Mith Ed. code to update your game. Oh well. They both worked on the two accounts. Mithril Edition seems to be a very good deal btw. 2500 Tps, decent starter horse for all your toons, the quest packs. And if you are ftp and hurry, you can create extra toons on other worlds and get the VIP benefits for a few hours...5 bags (for certain), gold cap removed, AH use, free riding skill while it lasts? I m sure there are more...Im a lifetime so cant verify all those.

Also, I thought my friends would get 10% of the 500 since it went in like a game-card. They do away with that program?

I wanted to let everyone know that I did get an email with the code from Gamestop. I placed and online "mail to home" order. I had contacted their support via email but I have no idea if that is why I got the code or not.

I ordered two Mithril Editions. I received an email yesterday from GameStop with one key code for an extra 500 TP. It looks like I was ripped off for the extra 500 TP on the 2nd ME as I didn't get a second email.

Instructions in the email say to log into the store from the LOTRO launcher and apply the code there.
    Jaedore Wishsong

Pre-Order problem resolved, after reading the threads I went in and the GameStop manager spent about 5 minutes on the computer before printing out my code. He also gave me an extra code for my other pre-order bought at another GameStop location so I got them both without having to run to and from all over town

Ezora
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000066fe7/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hello everyone. I just bought the mithril edition today at gamestop and i also got the code on my receipt. But it told me to go to www.gamestop.com/redeem in order to access the mithril edition instead of my turbine account. I did what it said to do (i think that i accidentally redownloaded the game but I'm pretty sure i did not create another account). but when i logged on to play, none of my stuff was there. i didnt have the mount, tp, or quest packs. Anyone know what's wrong?

Also on the receipt it gave me two codes one just had four characters, a hyphen, four more characters, a hyphen, and then four more characters. The second however, had Ref Id: (ten characters)
    Last edited by Spitmore968; Mar 12 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitmore968 View Post
    Hello everyone. I just bought the mithril edition today at gamestop and i also got the code on my receipt. But it told me to go to www.gamestop.com/redeem in order to access the mithril edition instead of my turbine account. I did what it said to do (i think that i accidentally redownloaded the game but I'm pretty sure i did not create another account). but when i logged on to play, none of my stuff was there. i didnt have the mount, tp, or quest packs. Anyone know what's wrong?

Also on the receipt it gave me two codes one just had four characters, a hyphen, four more characters, a hyphen, and then four more characters. The second however, had Ref Id: (ten characters)
    I didnt get any of the quests either and that was the best part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitmore968 View Post

I ordered online, so didn't get the same receipt. (I got the pre-order code from an email and the Mithril Edition code from the box itself.) But if you pre-ordered, there are two codes involved: a pre-order code (for the bonus 500 TP) and the actual Mithril Edition code (for the other 2000 TP, quest packs, and horse).

Oddly enough, they used two different types of codes. The pre-order code needs to be entered in-game in the LOTRO Store. The main Mithril Edition product key needs to be entered at http://myaccount.turbine.com/. (Log into your account first, and then enter your product key.)

I'm not sure what the www.gamestop.com/redeem part is for. It looks like maybe an option to digitally download what's on the disk. (If so, it's not particularly useful in this case. For some games, it's a useful backup if you replace your computer after losing the game disk, but LOTRO is available for download from Turbine regardless of whether you buy the Mithril Edition or not.)

I'm guessing the two codes on your receipt are a pre-order code (enter at LOTRO Store) and a code for GameStop's digital download service. Look on the card inside your Mithril Edition box for the main product key that will give you access to the quest packs (as well as other stuff).

EDIT:
    OK, I just noticed the "bought [it] today" part of your post, so the pre-order part isn't relevant. But the part about finding the main product key on the card in your box is still correct, as is the fact that it needs to be entered at myaccount.turbine.com.
    Last edited by Niwashi; Mar 23 2012 at 12:25 PM.

I bought LOTRO: Mithril Edition from my local GameStop (the last copy there!), and was given only a disc envelope containing the two game discs. No box, no literature, and NO ACTIVATION KEY, either on the envelope, contained on one of the discs, or on my receipt. My purchase was therefore useless.

Beware of this.
    ----
    Ferradan, Burglar, Landroval
    Ferranhelm, Hunter, Nimrodel
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by DsrtFx View Post
    I bought LOTRO: Mithril Edition from my local GameStop (the last copy there!), and was given only a disc envelope containing the two game discs. No box, no literature, and NO ACTIVATION KEY, either on the envelope, contained on one of the discs, or on my receipt. My purchase was therefore useless.

Beware of this.
    Beautiful necro. HOWEVER this is something you should have brought up with Gamestop right away. This is not Turbine's fault.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 115 WDN :.: Daire, 86 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 101 CHN :.: Brandon, 75 CPT :.: Honey, 73 GRD :.: Griffon, 72 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 106 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 61 WDN :.: Baye, 63 WDN :.: Samtal, 65 WDN :.:Dunnock, 58 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 70 LMR :.: Breyon, 45 CHN :.: Totes, 115 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Question This brings up a question I've been wanting to ask.

Last time I reinstalled Lotro I couldn't because my version of Windows didn't include version 1.1 of dot.net. The only way I could get it to go was install Windows 7 Ultimate which comes with the outdated dot.net files.
    Now I'm getting ready to install Windows 8 and it comes with only the latest dot.net versions. Can anybody who really knows please tell me if LOTRO will install on Windows 8 without transplanting outdated files? I really want to do this upgrade in "Easy Mode".
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worren View Post
    Last time I reinstalled Lotro I couldn't because my version of Windows didn't include version 1.1 of dot.net. The only way I could get it to go was install Windows 7 Ultimate which comes with the outdated dot.net files.
    Now I'm getting ready to install Windows 8 and it comes with only the latest dot.net versions. Can anybody who really knows please tell me if LOTRO will install on Windows 8 without transplanting outdated files? I really want to do this upgrade in "Easy Mode".
    Thanks
    Ok, i copied installed already game from winXP over to Win8 machine.

On turbineInvoker launch, Win 8 warned, that i need Net 1.1, then for me opened a fine page with download of Net1.1 along with lots of suggestions to get latest versions, but it still installed 1.1 fine.

After that the game launcher itself went and downloaded Net 2.0 redistributative package, again with lots of exclamations about that i should get newest package instead.

It then went to download some more NET x.xx files (no report on version for there downloads).

After that it wanted to install NET 3.5 and rebooted afterwards.

Before and after reboot a lot more installing % were rolling.

Afterwards, it was download time for MS Visual C++ 2005 distributive.

Next it was MS DirectX 9.0 2009.8 version download.

It then downloaded todays patch results - new lotroclient.exe and 732 data items.

After one more crash, it now runs Lotro fine.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    Beautiful necro. HOWEVER this is something you should have brought up with Gamestop right away. This is not Turbine's fault.
    Oh, no, I'm not blaming Turbine at all! Immediately after I realized I was missing the code, I called the store, and they couldn't find any box or code in their inventory or storeroom. I was just trying to inform others getting the current in-store $9.99 GameStop deal of my experience

Also, if necroing this thread was a bad thing, I apologize!

P.S., This all happened yesterday! I forgot to mention it in my original post.
    Last edited by DsrtFx; Jan 23 2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: added post-script
    ----
    Ferradan, Burglar, Landroval
    Ferranhelm, Hunter, Nimrodel
    ----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2