We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minstrel PvP Redline Traits - How many are really needed?

In looking at traits, I really like the idea of running 3 red and 4 yellow. The bonus to athems duration and cooldown timers seems like it would be a game changer.

Is having the capstone in the redline really worth it, or is the above a viable thought?

I looked for discussion about this topic and couldnt find anything. If this has been talked to death already I apologise.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Daredent; Feb 28 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Riddermark/Hocus"]
    [/URL] [/CENTER]

Re: Minstrel PvP Redline Traits - How many are really needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredent View Post
    In looking at traits, I really like the idea of running 3 red and 4 yellow. The bonus to athems duration and cooldown timers seems like it would be a game changer.

Is having the capstone in the redline really worth it, or is the above a viable thought?

I looked for discussion about this topic and couldnt find anything. If this has been talked to death already I apologise.

Thanks in advance!
    Its not so much what the 5 reds do as it is what the capstone does. Its turns you into a crit monster. Minstrel DPS is heavily dependant on crit and crit size. That's why I laugh when I hear raid leaders asking healing traited minstrels to go into war speech. They'd probably get more from most minstrels if they just asked them to do a better job with keeping anthems up.

I would agree, the 4th and 5th traits aren't the most incredible but the capstone is money. And if you are traited red line you get anthem of war perm in combat and then you just keep up Prowess and you have you full on nuking machine. I pretty much expect my cry to be a crit/stun every time. Working on the Orth dps set now for increased crit rate (+700 at 4) and the +to crit mag at 5. (I sometimes use Anthem of Composure at the end of combat when I didn't need to use my coda so it is saved for when I need it. Same can go for Freeps)

Also your crit has a chance on all 3 of your possible targets, Its not odd to kill the mob you weren't attacking before the one you are.

Your title says PvP but unless you meant PvE (normal game play) then anthems aren't effective when combat isn't long. PvP and PvMP is all short and quick fighting. That goes back to the high chance crit stun on cry being crucial. Give you time to make distance again and nuke.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017d8b9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Croni 85 Champ. Cronii 85 Mini. Navien 85 Warden. Cronodir 85 LM. Cronobo 85 Burglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredent View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Zero reason to ever go 4Y in the moors, fights are 90% of the time not long enough to maximise anthems usefulness. I would prefer a 5R/2B (IRTS / Power of Song) healing my group/raid for the healing + ability to get WS DPS skills out multiple times to a 4Y/3R Mini.

Straight up healing out there in the large raid fights, best bet imo is 5B/2R (Unrelenting/Enduring Morale) as I want to get the highest single heals and group heals I can. If you have time to play with Anthems then the fight is too easy and the anthems probably were not the key to victory. For me best bet is teir up to AotTA, use for quick inductions, then coda a focus fired target and either follow up with a BC on the run for the same target or another target going down.

Redline capstone and dedicated DPS stick make HUGE differences out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

3R/4Y would never be a good idea anywhere.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

I very much enjoy the red legendary trait, especially combined with the appropriate Orthanc set.

Quote Originally Posted by Of_Ironbeard View Post
    I would agree, the 4th and 5th traits aren't the most incredible but the capstone is money. And if you are traited red line you get anthem of war perm in combat and then you just keep up Prowess and you have you full on nuking machine.
    I always use Anthem of the Third Age for the +10% damage if the Anthem of War is already running. Do you think Prowess is better in Ettenmoors?
    [center]Asylum - [EN] Gilrain[/center]

I would say yes. For soloing and 1v1s I trait 5 reds and 2 yellows (anthem CDs and+ 5sec anthems) so that I can do a lot of dmg for the burst and then keep anthem of the third age up to do extra dmg. I rarely need to heal myself so I don't bother training 2 blues.
    With the 5 reds and Capstone I critical more than 50% of my skills... had creeps flip and tell me it's m=ore like 90% =P.
    when I'm in a small group I switch the yellows out for 2 blues to help heals
    And raiding as winter said, 5 blues and 2 reds.
    Are you watching closely?

Thank you for the responses. Greatly appreciated.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Riddermark/Hocus"]
    [/URL] [/CENTER]

Personally I find anthem duration mostly useless in PvP because I am always using my coda. Keeping up anthem of war is nice and all but a big coda hit does more damage than the +10% tactical and you can usually built up another coda by the time your calls skills are off cooldown. I crit coda nearly kills wargs and spider, making sure they don't get away.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000408fbc/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]