We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Weaver's Burrow

Weaver's Burrow

At first I have to say I don't play a Weaver..however reading the Weaver dev diary (and a comment how burrow sucks) I came up with an idea

The comment I read was suggesting a 15min duration..however that doesn't fit with the style of the Moors and it isn't an escape skill..it may result in the Freeps becoming bored or Creeps coming to rescue but the weaver can't escape on his own

So my suggestion is:
    Keep the duration 1m
    when burrowed the Weaver can move at 70% speed, however moving for 1 second substracts 2 seconds from the timer
    meaning you can stand still for 1min, move away for 30sec or any combination of the two (like for example standing still for 30sec and moving for 15sec)
    When using burrow the Weaver is removed from the target of all Freeps so they don't see the circle on the floor (can't remember if it works like this now or not)
    You can target or track a burrowed Weaver regardless if he's moving or not

This would keep the duration low AND give the Weaver a chance to escape on his own rather then waiting for rescue or death

Discuss;-)

Re: Weaver's Burrow

Current burrow is good. With the trait it's awesome. It's a must trait imho. Heals you up to full in no time -> gives you another opportunity to finish target / survive dots & wait for buddies.

Out of combat burrow is good too, but I still don't like the buff on it. It's too weak. -10% induction and +1.000 crit rating, bleh.

Its fine as is.

What Faileon said.

In combat burrow is just fine.

Out of combat burrow is just fine but the buff on leaving the burrow is useless.
    [CENTER]<<== Creep ==>>[/CENTER]

I like it fine as is too, though i also want freeps to be unable to target the weaver period while burrowed. I think something needs to be done about the freep damage breaking you out of burrow immediately after you enter it, too(if something can be done). I think something like a hunter using swift bow right before the weaver uses the skill causes them to jump out of it and completely waste the cooldown, but i'm not sure.

Lie In Wait buff is sub-par, agreed.

What the others said.

The current burrow is fine. When I burow I lol becuase I've just made the freeps waste 1 minute of their lives waiting for 20 infamy. The buff on the Lie in Wait does need work though, perhaps something like +15% damage or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo6 View Post
    What the others said.

The current burrow is fine. When I burow I lol becuase I've just made the freeps waste 1 minute of their lives waiting for 20 infamy. The buff on the Lie in Wait does need work though, perhaps something like +15% damage or something.
    Make it like hunter's focus? +25% crit chance, +25% crit magnitude? Mmmm.

Dont know how you other spiders think the current burrow is fine? :?

It's broken and needs fixed - going in combat burrow needs to cure all bleeds/wounds so that they don't pull you out of the burrow again. Burgs hip and clear off without damage impeding them, champs/cappys go into run away mode and damage dosent seem to impede that. So let's make the quick-burrow do what it was designed to do. No use hitting it to come out of a burrow a second later due to a wound/bleed and then have a CD activated :<

I like your idea original poster - has my vote.
    Keep your joints oiled freeps - for if you dont: Rigormortis has incapacitated you!!

skill: trapdoor ambush
    target: 1 opponent within 6 metres
    only usable while using lie in wait and expends trapdoor sanctuary
    effect: you ambush your foe and drag them under the earth with you, both you and your opponent get put into a 15 second shortburrow that can't be broken, you can both move and attack each other as normal but nobody else can target either player, when the duration ends both players return to the surface. only works on player characters.

it does several things: it heightens the shock as someone gets dragged screaming below the earth by a giant spider, creating adrenaline and therefore a more interesting game
    it fits the flavour of spiders nicely, and gives lie in wait possible uses in raid fights, it would take insane planning but could have some nice uses, it would allow spiders to engage something that camps the long burrow, and it would mean less annoying minute long standstills on both sides. and it would even allow spiders to rescue lowbie friends by taking the freep on themselves, (though without the shortburrow out due to it getting used by this skill) when that r2 reaver buddy runs them over the spider "minefield"
    and most of all.... it's cool!

Got R8 weaver and it so OP atm, that I can't really believe you are asking for an improve.
    Go store and buy the burrow heal.
    The more freeps QQ about a class the sooner the nerf bat will come so plz, plz do not make weaver more OP.

And btw, more escape skills is not what the Moors needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RIG0R View Post

It's broken and needs fixed - going in combat burrow needs to cure all bleeds/wounds so that they don't pull you out of the burrow again. Burgs hip and clear off without damage impeding them, champs/cappys go into run away mode and damage dosent seem to impede that. So let's make the quick-burrow do what it was designed to do. No use hitting it to come out of a burrow a second later due to a wound/bleed and then have a CD activated :<

No one is kinda able to outrun a spider unless it's a minstrel or rk healing. And burrow is fine, sometimes you're lucky you stay burrowed, sometimes it gets interrupted. Same goes for burgs using hips, inductions still hit them and they might as well die from dots or pop up ater 10s again.

PS: why dust off a 1y old thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by RIG0R View Post

Just to clarify for you, the Burgs HiPS and Clear Effects is actually from an armor set, not from HiPS itself.

Weaver 'emergency' burrow is alright, though I don't have the trait to really appreciate the healing power it has underground. As far as the stealth burrow, I think it should become an indefinite time to be able to stay underground. Replace the 'crit and induction buff' with a 'speed buff' for that time, to mimic the way prey would be approached.