We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's life like on Silverlode?

Hello there!

I'm currently thinking about starting an alt on a different server, just to be able to take part in more raids and grouping. I figured it would be good to ask those of you who currently play on this server what it's like. I'm currently part of a kin on Landroval, but it's very small, so I do quite a bit of soloing, and Landroval seems to be heavier on RP than group content. I haven't reached level 75 with either of my two characters (champ and captain), as I enjoy taking my time and learning my class. This is also my first-ever MMO, so I feel like I'm constantly discovering new things (especially about crafting and legendary items). I thought I'd explore other servers, and maybe find a casual kin who doesn't mind helping out semi-newbs. I'm not into RP or hardcore raiding, so does this server have a good population of groups for running content?

Thanks in advance.

Re: What's life like on Silverlode?

Heya, Silverlode is alright, but for endgame raids and whatnot you have to be in a Kin or find a good gorup, though I only really know of 5 or 6 that do all that stuff frequently. For PvP, I think a lot of folks refer to this server as Dramalode, we have good fights from time to time, but its usually a zerg take the map and log out. If you happen to find a creep, I wont mention names, and you kill it, they will rage all day long at you until you put them on ignore.

Overall I enjoy Silverlode, I have made a lot of friends, enjoy doing this and that with them, but there are better servers for virtually everything.

When I think of Silverlode, the thing that sticks out in my mind compared to a few of the bigger, more populated servers is maturity. The population on Silverlode seems to be a bit older than other servers I've explored so you don't have as many middle school and high school players who are all mouth no brain. So, while there may not be exactly as much action as the most populated servers, there is a very good, solid group of players who are a lot of fun to be around. I can't think of any reason I would leave this server. There's enough people to group and raid, but not so many that we're full of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    When I think of Silverlode, the thing that sticks out in my mind compared to a few of the bigger, more populated servers is maturity. The population on Silverlode seems to be a bit older than other servers I've explored so you don't have as many middle school and high school players who are all mouth no brain. So, while there may not be exactly as much action as the most populated servers, there is a very good, solid group of players who are a lot of fun to be around. I can't think of any reason I would leave this server. There's enough people to group and raid, but not so many that we're full of idiots.
    ^ This. +rep
    Jaednor Wishsong
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001c0619/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Alls i gotta say is if u like pvp dnt come to silverlode theres little to no good or even decent pvp on this server anymore but pve wise im sure ull have no problem with it.

Unhappy Re: What's life like on Silverlode?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    Alls i gotta say is if u like pvp dnt come to silverlode theres little to no good or even decent pvp on this server anymore but pve wise im sure ull have no problem with it.
    Forgot to mention one word for pvmp....Dramalode....Also...Wh o the hell is Celestrata? Did she get frelorns job to moderate us now or is he sulking in the background...? I miss frelorn threatning to delete our servers because we were bad
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

I'm confused... I've tried most of the servers for PvMP, and Slode is the best for me. I don't know what time of day you guys are on, but when I'm on there's a bunch of freeps and creeps on, and I don't hear much raging in OOC. ^_^... I also have never seen you guys that say Slode pvp sucks... But I've only been around for like a week and a half so....
    Last edited by Drakojan; Jun 06 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Because
    R6 Blackarrow, Sentry Savemepls Crykid

Silverlode PvMP, starting to see more action from both sides so it seems, but I guess like any PvP game, you'll get trolls, spies, cheaters(exploiters), and complainers. For me, I seem to be enjoying it, the more QQ the better for me.