We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RPing an adventurin' Hobbit

Hey guys, I have a pretty good understanding on how to RP a Hobbit, but I was just wondering if my Hobbit is lore-friendly. His story: he always had a love for adventure, so he joined the Bounders. When even that wasn't enough, he decided to adventure outside the Shire to protect it from the evils of the outside world and become a famous adventurer.

What do you think? And when I RP as a Hobbit during events, I would have to act like a regular non-adventuring Hobbit, right? Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: RPing an adventurin' Hobbit

If your Halfling is an adventuring type, then RP as that. Don't stoop to the conventions of the RP-types-who-seek-to-edit-your-words-with-their-dumb-rules that try to control your RP behavior. You'll find that many Halfings also RP as the adventuring types. In fact, I believe the Halfings that run Road to Mordor website have been posting blogs about adventure such as yours.

RP what you enjoy and ignore the nay-sayers! -)

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit
    Eternal Newbie
    Φ 3.4 GHz i7-2600 • 8 Gigs DDR3-1333 Memory • ATI HD6770 • 768K DSL Broadband • 2x500gig RAID0 Storage • RealTek Integrated 5.1 Digital Audio • Windows 7 Home Premium • Dell 2410 24" LCD Monitor Φ[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000020d1/01007/signature.png]Dolnor[/charsig]

Re: RPing an adventurin' Hobbit

If we'd stick to the lore, the game should consult a random generator and then make, after the character creation, 99% of all Dwarven, Elven or Hobbit characters to be Men instead if we were to follow Middle-earth demographics. So, uh, since this does not happen, all player characters are by default belonging to the 'adventurer' minority, so adventuring should be alright. You're concerned about if your Hobbit fits to the lore: That might be more than a whole lot of the Hobbits around. I assume he won't become a ninja pirate or something like that in your play, so just have fun.

Re: RPing an adventurin' Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Dolnor View Post
    If your Halfling is an adventuring type, then RP as that. Don't stoop to the conventions of the RP-types-who-seek-to-edit-your-words-with-their-dumb-rules that try to control your RP behavior. You'll find that many Halfings also RP as the adventuring types. In fact, I believe the Halfings that run Road to Mordor website have been posting blogs about adventure such as yours.
    Those 'conventions' you refer to would be actually RPing at least a bit like you're a hobbit rather than Cardboard Cutout Adventurer #9,254. And that takes a bit more than going on about pies all the time