We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there a way to disable the ability queue?

If I use one ability, then another, the second will get a -------- frame around it and fire once the first one is finished. This process takes 1-2 seconds, and by that time I often decide to use a different ability, but when I hit the keybind for it, I have to wait another 1-2 seconds before its used because the second ability in the queue executed before I hit the third one.

I know this is probably a minor thing, but it's annoying as hell.

Is there any way to disable the queue, and have abilities fire ONLY when I press the keybind? I looked through the options but didn't see anything of that nature.

tyvm!

Re: Is there a way to disable the ability queue?

If i understand what you saying, i think that hitting the new skill you want to use twice cancels the skill that is in queue....i usually go a little 'nuts' when i realize i want to use a different skill and hit the new skill key like 4 times fast...but i think twice cancels the one in queue...but i don't know for sure.

UPDATE
    I just tested this and it seems that if i queue another skill before the one in the queue has executed..the one in the queue is canceled. When the queue is ready to run the next skill, it just runs the last one you key pressed. You can tell this...because there is no cool down on the first one you queued. if you key a new skill once, both it and the original one are still highlighted, but the original gets canceled in favor of the latest one you keyed. If you key a new skill twice with two hits on the keyboard, the queued skill's highlight is removed. The effect seems the same however.
    Last edited by WarmBeaches; Feb 17 2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: To show test results.

Press the button for your new choice. It will automatically cancel the queued skill and queue your new choice. However, the executing skill is almost finished. The "no wait I want to do that instead" may not get to the server in time.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The problem is that the second ability has already fired, so I can't just cancel it. I have to wait for the next to become available.

My intention isn't to disable the queue every time this occures (which is quite frequently) but to disable the queue from occuring in the first place.

When I hit a keybind and the ability cannot fire because another one already has, I don't want it to wait until it can fire, then go off; I want it to just not fire.

If i get this right you are taking about a long induction skill that u have triggered by accident, be it queued or not queued. As most, if not all, induction skills are interupted by moving slightly, maybe that will solve your issue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000014ba8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Proud Leader of Beggars Banquet
    A pessimist is just an optimist who knows better

^^thats not exactly the problem the OP describes.

Anyway, while I cant go in-game at this computer, I do not believe there is a way to disable the skill queue. I have gone over the different combat options very often in the past. No Option ever struck me as being compatible to this wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaetus View Post
    The problem is that the second ability has already fired, so I can't just cancel it. I have to wait for the next to become available.
    For some skills you can move to cancel them. Otherwise, you have to wait for the skill to finish.
    My intention isn't to disable the queue every time this occures (which is quite frequently) but to disable the queue from occuring in the first place.
    Not possible.
    When I hit a keybind and the ability cannot fire because another one already has, I don't want it to wait until it can fire, then go off; I want it to just not fire.
    Our combat system not like Skyrim. Or many consoles. You going to have to unlearn this kind of game play. Stop pressing keys hoping something will happen immediately.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    For some skills you can move to cancel them. Otherwise, you have to wait for the skill to finish.Not possible.Our combat system not like Skyrim. Or many consoles. You going to have to unlearn this kind of game play. Stop pressing keys hoping something will happen immediately.
    That's what I was afraid of. Never played skyrim, but I have played other MMO's (GW, WoW, Rift, SWTOR)... some of them had ability queues, but those that did had an option to disable it.

Oh well... I'll try to get used to it, I guess... just feels so sluggish. Q_Q

Anywho, thanks for the confirmation!

Posted a suggestion to add the option to remove the queue. Please continue the discussion here: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?445664

That's what I was afraid of. Never played skyrim, but I have played other MMO's (GW, WoW, Rift, SWTOR)... some of them had ability queues, but those that did had an option to disable it.

Oh well... I'll try to get used to it, I guess... just feels so sluggish. Q_Q

Anywho, thanks for the confirmation!
    Sadly, this slower combat is a big negative of Lotro for some of us. Wish combat was faster. Many people have commented on it. Some people seem ok with it, but I wish it was like other MMOs where it doesn't feel like I am waiting all the time.