We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
    I cant wait till someone solves it cause this wench is driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andunion View Post
    I cant wait till someone solves it cause this wench is driving me crazy.
    Indeed...
    The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can.
    ~Bilbo Baggins~

The mortal part is referring to what/whom you could imagine an elf refers to when speaking about mortals in general.

mortal wench concomitant

equals to:

Aragorn - Arwen - Faramir :-)

But I am afraid that you are looking for a single person from your earlier clues...

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgebob View Post
    mortal wench concomitant

equals to:

Aragorn - Arwen - Faramir :-)

But I am afraid that you are looking for a single person from your earlier clues...
    Sorry, wrong answer.

A little compilation of the hints I have given so far:

concomitant = companion, associate, spouse, partner etc

wench = maiden

mortal = what/whom you could imagine an elf refers to when speaking about mortals in general

The solution to the mortal-wench part is found in Unfinished Tales. The correct character to match the mortal-wench part has been mentioned already, but not the concomitant.

!!!

Mortal = Men
    Wench = Maiden

Man-maiden = Nerwen = Galadriel (already named in this thread, as you said), also -iel = maiden

Galadriel's well-known from LOTR and she plays a big role. Her spouse is Celeborn who isn't that known, and I think Celeborn has a bigger role in Silmarillion.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    Mortal = Men
    Wench = Maiden

Man-maiden = Nerwen = Galadriel (already named in this thread, as you said), also -iel = maiden

Galadriel's well-known from LOTR and she plays a big role. Her spouse is Celeborn who isn't that known, and I think Celeborn has a bigger role in Silmarillion.
    Grats!! You are absolutely correct and I'm glad you nailed it - I didn't believe it would be this hard.

*Hands over the riddle-stick*

Known for delicate chitin-containing organisms.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Known for delicate chitin-containing organisms.
    The Midgewater Marshes, where the "neekerbreekers" live?
    ~Bilbo Baggins~

Quote Originally Posted by Gadmur View Post
    Grats!! You are absolutely correct and I'm glad you nailed it - I didn't believe it would be this hard.

*Hands over the riddle-stick*
    In my earlier post, I did mention Galadriel. You must have understood, it wrong, I was talking about Galadriel being the wench, I guess we all misunderstood, I was gonna post Celeborn as her concomitant but didnt since I though you rejected the idea of Galadriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Andunion View Post
    In my earlier post, I did mention Galadriel. You must have understood, it wrong, I was talking about Galadriel being the wench, I guess we all misunderstood, I was gonna post Celeborn as her concomitant but didnt since I though you rejected the idea of Galadriel.
    Sorry, I should have put concomitant as italic: "Galadriel is not the concomitant to a mortal-wench"!

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfFriend View Post
    The Midgewater Marshes, where the "neekerbreekers" live?
    A fair answer, yet not the one I was looking for. Also, I've always thought these "neekerbreekers" as either grasshoppers or crickets which, I think, are not beetles and therefore don't contain chitin (or if they do, it's not worth mentioning). Nonetheless, if no one solves this, I shall think of handing the stick to you.

A fair answer, yet not the one I was looking for. Also, I've always thought these "neekerbreekers" as either grasshoppers or crickets which, I think, are not beetles and therefore don't contain chitin (or if they do, it's not worth mentioning). Nonetheless, if no one solves this, I shall think of handing the stick to you.
    We'll see to that as a last resort, but for now, I (and others hopefully) will keep pondering on this riddle first
    ~Bilbo Baggins~

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    The Marish in The Shire.
    Famous for its mushrooms.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Beetles are not the only chitin containing organisms. Most insects and arthropods as well as lobster, crayfish, shrimp and crabs contain chitin in their exoskeletons. A natural assumption from your response though would be that your riddle does refer to beetles, or else I would guess Mirkwood w/ it's colonies of spiders.
    Last edited by Duathrandir; Feb 05 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Beatles are not the only chitin containing organisms. Most insects and arthropods as well as lobster, crayfish, shrimp and crabs contain chitin in their exoskeletons. A natural assumption from your response though would be that your riddle does refer to beatles, or else I would guess the old forest w/ it's colonies of spiders.
    If it was referring to Beatles there would have been at least some back-beat involved.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

I was aiming for fungi with the chitin. I would have accepted farmer Maggot or his lands as an answer too, but the Marish is also correct. Boraxxe, it's your turn!

I was aiming for fungi with the chitin. I would have accepted farmer Maggot or his lands as an answer too, but the Marish is also correct. Boraxxe, it's your turn!
    Ok, here's the next:

Oven cured, sodium and H20 infused, crushed seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    If it was referring to Beatles there would have been at least some back-beat involved.
    Damn! I immediately edited my post to correct the mistake w/in a minute it was updated and your post wasn't until alost half hour later and ya still saw initial post. Very strange. Did not mean the Fab Four.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Ok, here's the next:

Oven cured, sodium and H20 infused, crushed seed.
    My guess is:

Cram, Cram, Cram, Egg and Cram

w/o the eggs, please!

My guess is:

Cram, Cram, Cram, Egg and Cram

w/o the eggs, please!
    That's it.
    Yer up.

That's it.
    Yer up.
    A short one:

Celestial fencer

A short one:

Celestial fencer
    Would that be Menelmacar, the constellation known as the swordsman?
    Or, is that just too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Would that be Menelmacar, the constellation known as the swordsman?
    Or, is that just too easy?
    Correct!

Obviously it was too easy since the first poster got it right.

Your turn, Duathrandir.

Duathrandir has other things that occupy his thoughts at this day and time, but I suggest we let this thread rest until he is back, in the honour of Duathrandir and the loss of one of his dear family members...
    ~Bilbo Baggins~

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18