We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post The Watch recruiting for casual Saturday morning group

The Watch is recruiting some friendly faces, either interested in a kin or just interested in a semi-regular group, for our Casual Saturday morning group. A handful of us regularly run 3-mans most Saturdays and it'd be great to find some regulars to bump the group to 6-man capable. We generally run 65+ content, but that's flexible if there's a request that we've alts near-ish in level for.

No group experience? Don't worry, this particular group is meant to enable casuals see content they might not otherwise see. The group of us for these emphasizes patience, staying low-key & having fun, and trying new non-solo content. Asking to stop for a breather, clarification for a fight's tactics, or time to grab another cup of coffee is fair game.

These happen approximately every other Saturday morning or so (RL permitting) at 10:30am EST / 7:30 am PST. Look for me on as Wrohs around the start time (or other chars in sig if you missed me on that char at the start).

Other details about The Watch, if you're interested in the kin recruitment bit:
    • small kin of friends these days,
    • have the works (website, vent, calendar),
    • don't have any attendance requirements,
    • generally folks are pretty independent (but I'm usually game to drop soloing to join for whatever team-y fun is going on),
    • and RL always comes first (most of us are mature and understand that kids/cat attacking the drapes/pizza guy at the door happen and need to be dealt with).

(Mar 3) Update: Next Casual Saturday with open space is Saturday, April 7
    If interested, find Wrohs at 10:30am EST / 7:30 am PST.
    Last edited by trumble; Mar 30 2012 at 12:10 PM.
    [I][COLOR="Yellow"][B]The Watch[/B] of Windfola, [/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Bolo | Wrohs | Wints[/I]
    [URL="http://www.the-watch.net"]www.the-watch.net[/URL] | Values: RL first, Patience, Enjoying the Journey, Story[/COLOR]

Re: The Watch recruiting for casual Saturday morning group

Speaking as a new Watch member, having only joined about a year ago, I want to encourage new players to feel comfortable with this kin. This was also my first ever MMO and boy the learning curve is amazing. I have joined several casual Saturdays and never failed to have fun. I can personally attest to the fact that if I do something wrong, like falling off a platform, pulling the wrong mob, or dying in the green slime of Carn Dum this group is very patient and supportive. As a new MMO player I have a different perspective on the game and would be glad to share my time, and granted, still limited knowledge with any new members.

Next chance to holler at me (Bolo/Wrohs) if ya want to meet a regular small fellowship of casuals and see what we're about is:
    Saturday, March 10th at 10:30am EST / 7:30am PST. Requests for what's run are welcome---we're there for some team fun w/ no particular agenda in general. Cheers.

Edit: Please note the bump to a week later (Mar 10th, not Mar 3rd) due to a RL conflict.
    Last edited by trumble; Mar 01 2012 at 01:04 AM.
    [I][COLOR="Yellow"][B]The Watch[/B] of Windfola, [/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Bolo | Wrohs | Wints[/I]
    [URL="http://www.the-watch.net"]www.the-watch.net[/URL] | Values: RL first, Patience, Enjoying the Journey, Story[/COLOR]

Last couple times we ran through Hall of Mirrors and Water-wheels for some Moria fun! Team was filled so no advertisement here for it, though.

But there's open space to try out our Casual Saturday group in the first Saturday in April. Updated the original post to reflect the next opportunity is Saturday, April 7, at 10:30 am EST/7:30 am PST.

Feel free to look for Wrohs and say "Hey, I'd like some patient people to run group content X with, is it doable?" at that time! Cheers.