We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

For the love of god, just revert Draigoch to pre-5.1 patch status.

Pre 5.1 update we could kill him no problem, never saw him bug out.

5.1 update made him bug constantly, all the freaking time.

Now this update is making him bug even sooner than before for us, which I guess is actually a good thing since we're not wasting quite as much time.

Just revert him so we don't have to do the whole thing a dozen times trying to get through the stupid bug.
    Kinless, oh my!

Re: For the love of god, just revert Draigoch to pre-5.1 patch status.

He's still bugging out? Awww damn, I heard that he'd been fixed :'(
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070578/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Good grief. You guys are unlucky. Some groups never get bugs, but your kin seems to get them the worst.

I would speculate that there's some bug in the code that references individual players or something like that. It's as if Draigoch's script looks at each character's object file and bugs out if one player has some incompatible entry. Hey Draigoch, stop staring at people's object files and just let them kill you already.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

bugged yesterday and the day before
    some of my kinsmate tried it 3 times yesterday - it bugged everytime...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1e21d0000000059af/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What technique are you guys using? Everyone that it seems to bug out on are ranging in the 3rd phase and not getting in melee range.

Its not LM pets, Its not RK stones, its not doing wrong CJs, blah blah. The group I run with does all that and it never bugs. We just are in melee range during phase 3. I'm wondering if the slow range dps is what does it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001ae879/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Vieta - r6 85 Hunter | Shredex - r6 82 Champ
    Nosta - r5 84 RK | Vietana - 75 Burglar
    Nostaward - 75 Warden | Bananafofana - r6 Stalker

How odd. What are you guys doing, I wonder? We are also on Landroval (in case it was some weird server thing), we do him at least twice a week, and have had no bug out since 5.1.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002f807/01008/signature.png]Hrodberht[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shredex View Post
    We just are in melee range during phase 3. I'm wondering if the slow range dps is what does it
    Can you not be in melee? I don't understand this "slow range dps" comment. Can you clarify? I guess I don't see how you couldn't do this fight phase 3 in melee.
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlor View Post
    Can you not be in melee? I don't understand this "slow range dps" comment. Can you clarify? I guess I don't see how you couldn't do this fight phase 3 in melee.
    Some people play it safe and group up AWAY from draigoch in the middle, and have the ranged DPS take down each paw.
    You don't have to be in melee range. you have quite a distance between the dragon and the smoldering tunnels.

The benefit of this technique is that no one takes any damage because they aren't close enough for the paws to hit them. Thus easier to heal and less deaths.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001ae879/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Vieta - r6 85 Hunter | Shredex - r6 82 Champ
    Nosta - r5 84 RK | Vietana - 75 Burglar
    Nostaward - 75 Warden | Bananafofana - r6 Stalker

We ran him this Wednesday and Thursday night. He bugged both times and we were doing melee-dps (not ranged, to my poor squishy chagrin). Both bugs occurred in Phase 3. No pets or stones either time. On Thursday, we did have a couple of people die and watch the fight from above, but I dunno'.

Also, Rawlor, ranged dps works just fine. Most of my runs have been done with range, actually.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    On Thursday, we did have a couple of people die and watch the fight from above, but I dunno'.
    This is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    Good grief. You guys are unlucky. Some groups never get bugs, but your kin seems to get them the worst.

I would speculate that there's some bug in the code that references individual players or something like that. It's as if Draigoch's script looks at each character's object file and bugs out if one player has some incompatible entry. Hey Draigoch, stop staring at people's object files and just let them kill you already.
    This isn't outside the realm of possibility. ref: the Wi flag.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    We ran him this Wednesday and Thursday night. He bugged both times and we were doing melee-dps (not ranged, to my poor squishy chagrin). Both bugs occurred in Phase 3. No pets or stones either time. On Thursday, we did have a couple of people die and watch the fight from above, but I dunno'.
    ALERT ALERT DING DING DING DING Don't do this.

We've beaten draigoch many times with people hanging out up top for various reasons (never had it bug) however it was usually after a lengthy connection loss which would preclude their having duration based threat generating effects (ie bleeds/HoTs) active.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

My kin and I just 10 manned him in 20 minutes, not one bug this run are all the other ones we have done.. You guyis trying to use that you know what trick, because we never do and he never bugs..

Quote Originally Posted by 350zman View Post
    This is bad.
    I do agree, and obviously avoid this when possible, but it happened. It's hard to say if this is the cause. We've completed it before with people upstairs. The problem is the inconsistency regarding bugs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Another person here who has experienced this getting worse. I experienced one bug pre "fix". I've seen it bug 4 times, TWICE tonight in a row. It's frakking ridiculous. >
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

My kin first attempted Draig post-5.2. Draig went braindead in phase 1, the only players' anomalies would be there's a LM's limfram pet, and one rez.
    After disband and reset, one kinnie was Cappie rezzed in phase 3 and he end up at the entrance.

Turbine, do you need more QA staffs?
    [SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Elendilmir: [COLOR=#aa6633]Quithalion the Elven Hunter[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]|[/COLOR] [COLOR=#bbbbbb]Quithelion the Manly Captain[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]|[/COLOR] [COLOR=#3399ff]Karnnalin the Dorf Guardian (Semi-retired)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

My kin is one of the unlucky ones. We have killed him a couple of times in T1, but never in T2, despite doing absolutely flawless runs up until he bugs out in phase 3, usually on as little as 10-20% morale, once on 1%. For us, he goes braindead every single time!

We were giving up, but after Monday's hopeful entry in the patch notes, we organised an extra raid just to finally get him killed in T2. Again, we were dissappointed. He went braindead in phase 3 as per usual.

Some of our members pug him occationally, and they just cannot pinpoint what it is we are doing differentely. Having ppl watch the fight from above is NOT the cause. We never do that, and he still always bugs out. We have tried every single speculative suggestion in these forums, from no dots, no forced taunts, no CJ-mistakes, no pets etc. etc. None of it works.

We have been quite persistent, and we have considered ourselves victims of bad luck. But with so many runs and consistent braindeadness on Draigoch's part, we are beginning to feel that we are victims of a game company's poor decision making and poor customer service. We have filed bug reports every time, in order to provide what help we can. On some occations we have also contacted a gm, despite our now certain knowledge that we will get absolutely no help other than polite nonsense that just feels insulting.

@ Turbine: We do understand that the raid is complex, and that it can be hard for the coders to get all the different processes coming together just right. However, please consider doing some radical redesign on this raid, or at least give the GMs some power to help out those kins that have this problem. I don't know how your coders work to solve problems like this, but if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. We really want to get Draigoch down.

My kin has only had him bug once in phase 1 a month or two ago for some unknown reason. Today we went in for the first time post update and it went smooth as usual except for some incredible abnormal lag spiking for half the raid causing us to miss a FM.

These threads scare and confuse me about doing Draigoch and makes me wonder how it is possible other people have it bug on them consistently.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000cbf97/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Our kin tally is now 5 bugs of 8 attempts since the patch.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaZn View Post
    My kin has only had him bug once in phase 1 a month or two ago for some unknown reason. Today we went in for the first time post update and it went smooth as usual except for some incredible abnormal lag spiking for half the raid causing us to miss a FM.

These threads scare and confuse me about doing Draigoch and makes me wonder how it is possible other people have it bug on them consistently.
    Totally agree with you, our kin was killing this boss 4 times a week sometimes more since the raid was released, ok now we got ToO that has dropped to once a week we have had it bug out a grand total of 4 times, i am really confused why some people are reporting that he bugs out on them so much. Why should some raids be seeing all these bugs and others not at all, it just fails to make sense to me.

Before someone asks we use LM pets, RK stones, messed up on CJ, had tanks watching from the top and i think any other theory as to why he bugs and still have him nibbling on our toes and failing to go brain dead.
    [CENTER]No one notice's what i do, until i stop doing it. - A LM quote[/CENTER]

My kin has downed Draigoch consistently for weeks and had only seen him bug twice prior ot this latest patch. Now we have had him go braindead 3 out of 4 times. One thing that happened last night is during phase three he bugged on my capt who had thrown HoTs on the tanks mini in the move to the tail. Something, probably "Song of Aid" allowed me to heal the group with "Rallying Cry" as he landed and he bugged while aggroed on me. I have always healed between the fighting as he flew up in the past and never noticed it cause one of the pre-patch bug outs. Maybe this is an area to look at? Maybe if he switches aggro to someone near the tail when "going into fight mode" after landing causes it?
    Its very annoying to spend that much time in there only to have him bug time and time again. It is hard to keep a happy kin going strong all the time when half of what people want to do for group activities requires special care to "make sure we don't bug out the boss"...

another

reactivated thread