We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Trailer - LOTRO Version

Heya folks!
    Almost a year ago a friend of mine, Laivine, started working on this project. she wanted to recreate the very first trailer of the Hobbit using footage from LOTRO. With the help of many friends from the server Windfola, and most precisely from two kinships, Frodo's Friends & The Oathsworn, we finally managed to finish it! You can watch it here below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFGfEqTlhQY

Please let us know what you think of it =)

Great work! Loved it.
    Narlinde ~ Minstrel, Singer of the Lament of Windfola

Well done. I am not too amazed that it took a full year; these scenes are hard to reenact, being restricted by the possibilities that a game provides.

Greetings, Polymachos

Oh, I love it, well done! I hope you had fun making it, I can see some of that reflected in the scenes This is a good promotion video for the game as well..
    "Not all those who wander are lost" ~ FotR
    Evernight: Faratalath (100 Hunter), Dorthar (76 Minstrel), Tardaros (42 Captain) and many more

Thumbs up

Thank you all for the positive comments!!! it was really hard to gather the cosmetics and actors

For some reason I wasn't able to create a thread so I let my friend Galirian do it. Thank you all for your kind responses We did indeed have a lot of fun shooting this! It was well worth the year's time.

Quote Originally Posted by galmaxren04 View Post
    Heya folks!
    Almost a year ago a friend of mine, Laivine, started working on this project. she wanted to recreate the very first trailer of the Hobbit using footage from LOTRO. With the help of many friends from the server Windfola, and most precisely from two kinships, Frodo's Friends & The Oathsworn, we finally managed to finish it! You can watch it here below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFGfEqTlhQY

Please let us know what you think of it =)
    Enjoyed it--thanks for the effort you all put into it.

That was pretty good, very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Laivine-Ninniach View Post
    For some reason I wasn't able to create a thread so I let my friend Galirian do it. Thank you all for your kind responses We did indeed have a lot of fun shooting this! It was well worth the year's time.
    You have to have a minimum of ten posts before you can create a thread, after that you will be able to. Good work though on the video, it was really good and I enjoyed watching it. These sort of videos will still survive long after the game has ended well into the future.

This made the rounds of the office yesterday -- good job, it was excellent!

MoL

What program did you use to record the game?
    It was really, really great, btw. =) Can't wait to see your next project!
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Thanks again for all your kind comments!!

Made of Lions: That made my day, great to know you all enjoyed it!

tamlong: That would explain it.. thank you

The_Warg: Thanks! I use Cyberlink PowerDirector for editing and Fraps for recording.

You guys did a great job!

Holy cow, this is amazing. I was particularly impressed by the dwarf song scene and the camera work there, and by the use of Gollum's cave.